quitting smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quitting smoking

Well y'all I was all concerned about faxing in my prescription for nicotine gum but while going through some paperwork I found the postage paid return envelope and immediately made Jared take it out to the mailbox. Yesterday I got an email from the Michigan Tobacco Quitline that they received it and are processing it. I am quitting Monday Oct 15, it will have been a year since I had my heart attack on the night of the 17th/18th and it will be a month short exactly of when I quit smoking in 2005. I am scared. I just keep reminding myself that it is going to happen. Building myself up for it. I have all kinds of things I can do to keep myself busy while I am going through withdrawals. I am hoping the gum will get me through the worst of it and that it is just nasty enough for me to get sick of that too. I will have to talk to all my docs because of all the meds I am taking. I am going to add some Fish oil to my morning regimen to help with my blood pressure, lethargy and depression. Will have to talk to heart doc about that too. I have meditation and breathing exercises already on my iPad for easy listening anywhere. Will be back to doing a lot of "Our Father"s, my rehab mantra through the worst of times. I don't say it enough. Wish me luck everyone.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I'm quitting again on October 2nd.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Comment

Dawn!!! Wow I hope you are well. Been a while. Is there a significance to the date? Good luck!! Never quit quitting! We'll kind of be quitting together.

Comment

potatoes have nicotene

Comment

so do tomatoes and eggplant, maybe I'll just eat more potatoes to get through the withdrawals

Comment

Never heard of tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant having nicotine. Interesting. That will be my new diet when I'm trying to quit.

Chris, no significance. Just picked a good date to quit. Really just wanted to drag it out. lol
            Take care,
            Dawn

Comment

How's it going? Have you quit? It's sure difficult but the results are amazing!

Comment

Well I lasted 42 hours. I have not given up, the gum works surprisingly well

Comment

Good for you! Don't give up - just keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                  X