No announcement yet.

Shingles!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann, I see my PCP doctor next Wednesday. My eye doctor said to call him anytime I needed him.
    Virginia

Comment

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

According to our Drug Info link, upset stomach and intestinal distress are possible side effects of Valtrex. I also recall Jim having nausea, when he took Tramadol last year.

Try calling the Dermachange place to ask about their shipping. If it can be delivered to your door, that would be ideal.

Oh look! I found it on Amazon! They can deliver to your door!

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

You are in my prayers, Virginia.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Thank you Rose - Using the above link I paid an extra $4.00 and I am supposed to get it tomorrow. If I had not paid it would have been Saturday. Still good delivery time, but I wanted ASAP.
        Virginia

Comment

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

So glad you ordered it and will have it by tomorrow. I really hope it helps you!

Prayers continuing ~

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Oh, Virginia! I wish I were there to care for you and comfort you and see that your needs are met. I have had shingles 3x. The worst was along the peroneal nerve on my left lower leg (that nerve is largely responsible for foot drop. Shingles always follows a nerve path. If it has moved down to your nose, it may now affect the trigeminal nerve on that side of your face causing or flaring trigeminal neuralgia (TN). If that is the case, in addition to the anti viral, you may need something like neurontin (gabapentin) or topamax to help manage the nerve pain. NOT an opioid as they are not overly effective against nerve pain and more effective against muscle and bone pain. I have one spot on my lower outer left leg right on the nerve where I feel a bump under the skin...like an unerupted shingles lesion. If I rub over it it causes intense burning pain. However, I have found that CBD oil helps quite rapidly (within 20 seconds) to calm that pain. I use hemp oil from Amazon in 750 mg strength. Aspercreme is not appropriate to use on the face as it is too likely to get into the eye or mouth (it has a very hot pepper base which can be extremely excruciating when it hits mucous membrane). CBD or hemp oil can safely be used in that area. I have tried lidocaine cream and it does not help. Aspercreme does not help my pain from shingles.

Comment

Cherie, I wish you were here too. I am so sorry you have been through this 3x. That is just too much. Today was day 4 - a rough one because I had terrific headache on that side of my head, in spite of taking tramadol. If I am left with residual pain I will get some CBD or hemp oil. One thing about today - I am no longer sure it is going to go down the side of my nose. One place that I thought was breaking out seems not to be today. Ear ache and eye pain are still very present in addition to the headache just on that side. I am not doing anything but sitting. I know that will not cure me, but I just do not feel like lifting a hand. I am on so much medicine and that alone is probably pulling me down.

Ann, I had to give up my one little piece of dark chocolate. I read that was one thing you should not eat if you have shingles. I am doing everything I can to try and help this process along and possibly get better.
              Virginia

Comment

I never heard of that, Virginia, but looked it up and I see what you probably found.

The best thing that happened, the thing that will help the most, is that you and your hairdresser caught it early.

I agree w Cheri that you might need a different kind of a drug (like an anti-seizure drug) for the face and eye nerve pain. Do not suffer - no need. Call your doctor if the pain RX isn’t helping. Tomorrow is Friday and you don’t want to be in pain you can avoid over the weekend.

I have had shingles once in two areas of my leg. It felt like severe paresthesias that I couldn’t get away from and it was hard to wear clothes. I did not have the severe pain that most people have.

ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

How are you today Virginia?

Comment

Not great yet Sunshine. I got the cream in and put some on. Right now I am feeling sick on my stomach.

Got a call from youngest brother and he had called our older brother in SC. For the first time since all this happened we now know what really happened. He said my brother talked "pretty good". When he fell he hit a wall with his knee which had been replaced. He broke his knee and it knocked a bone up into the femur in his hip. He said he has never known such pain in his life. He said he still hopes to come up here Christmas and to play golf next Spring. I told you he was tough. He said he just did not feel like talking to anyone, not even his own kids. Then of course the heart issues came into play. His wife is back out of hospital for 2nd time. His daughter is down there taking care of everything, but they are going to start interviewing for someone to come in to help them so that his daughter can come back home. He said he prayed to God to take him he was in so much pain. My youngest brother did not tell him I had shingles because he did not want to worry him. He told me I could call and do that. I told him I would wait another day or two and maybe I would be feeling better.

My brother said "who in the world would ask the Doctor for a prescription in advance in case they got shingles?" I told him only me, and I was so glad I did and so glad she gave it to me. He said his Doctor would think he was crazy.
                    Virginia

Comment

I wish you were feeling better, Virginia. And I am glad you got what sounds like a more complete report about your brother from someone who talked to him.

The fact that your brother took the call is very good.
                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Virginia, so much for you to deal with...so sorry you have so much suffering all at the same time..l

Comment

i was in the hospital with that shingles and got PHN for years

it will be hell if you got PHN
                          I RUB VICKS ON IT

get an eye patch

Comment

Working...
                          X