New Research on injecting GABA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Research on injecting GABA

I found two research projects that are developing ways to inject GABA that can cross the blood brain barrier. They’re using it for Type 1 Diabetes (35% of SPS people develop Type 1 Diabetes).

They are not researching it for SPS because they say the expense is prohibitive, which means too few patients to buy their product...it’s all about money.

But, if it works with TID, perhaps it can eventually be tried off label for SPS. It’s a ray of hope

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Interesting. Some people with spastic Cerebral Palsy have abnormal absorption of GABA in their brains as well so perhaps there's a connection between lack of GABA and spasticity. Here's an old archived thread on it Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I think I saw a study that said lack of GABA is what caused some of the exaggerated reflexes in CP. I think the tricky part with GABA and neurologic conditions is whether the person absorbs GABA or not. You can give a person GABA but sometimes the body doesn't know how to take it in and actually use it. So perhaps that has partly to do with why they have not studied it in SPS much.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-03-2018, 02:47 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

My understanding is that it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier which is why just ingesting it doesn’t work. These researchers think they have found a way for GABA to pass the barrier?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
        My understanding is that it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier which is why just ingesting it doesn’t work. These researchers think they have found a way for GABA to pass the barrier?
        Yes the blood brain barrier makes things harder. There is a link somewhere on this Braintalk forum about a study that was done recently where they found new blood vessels in the brain that helped certain immune cells and other substances cross the blood-brain barrier. With neurologic conditions however, I'm not sure if crossing the blood brain barrier is enough or if the brain cells would still have trouble absorbing it....I'm no expert but there's communication between and absorption of things in between brain cells themselves that may be damaged by the condition.
        Attached Files
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
        X