Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingrix impacts Stiff Person Syndrome?

Bear with me here as a I walk you through a Stiff Person Syndrome mystery:

On April 18th I woke up the day after IVIG and felt about 10-15% better than usually do after IVIG. But the best part was that it sustained— was wonderful! (And continues to sustain), my doc said perhaps the IVIG finally kicked in better.

Then, on July 30, I got my second Of a series of two, Shingrix vaccine. As expected, my body ached at night for two nights.

BUT, on July 31, my SPS symptoms were substantially improved! I was laughing, industrious, a part of me that had been lost....I wondered if the vaccine was related.

So, I looked back to April 18th, and it turns out it was 6 days after the first Shingrix shot.

My SPS began to creep back on August 1, 2, and today, to the level prior to the April 18 improvement, but still better.

I find myself wondering if the vaccine, —-(which addresses the chicken pox virus (shingles) , which also impacts the neurological system, )—- perhaps the vaccine provided something for my immune system to attack, to be busy making antibodies for, and maybe it tied it is so that it made less anti GABA antibiodies.

I also wonder if other people with Stiff Person Syndrome had this effect when they got their Shingrix shot...

(Of course it could be random and unrelated, but still worth thinking about.)

I found this cite, but can’t access the article. Can you?

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Ok. Hold on. Found it. Reading it now. Stay tuned

Ok. The title was misleading. Article is about 3 unrelated topics. Not about causation and treatment.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-03-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

In a sample of 5 SPS patients, two were preceded by Herpes zoster

Comment

Working...
      X