fostering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fostering

Momma cat and babies are doing wonderfully. They are sampling wet food and climbing in and out of the litter box already. They are four weeks old as of last Sunday. They are still so tiny and still trying to get their wobbly butts coordinated. Wrestling and small time climbing. I have an ottoman in there and there is a padded undershelf, I redid the whole thing myself, had picked it up outta the trash and gave it a new life, the kittens like to climb up underneath the top and nap and play. It is cosy and dark, sometimes they have wrestling matches in the soft bed I put in there on the floor.

I have no idea why these pics are so huge.

Maddy
    Paige
    Sammy
    Frisky
    Chunk
    Mama Boots and all

The photos don't do justice to how cute they are now. They all rush me when I go in now and have started sampling soft food already, they are growing so fast and Maddy seems to have an affection for me. They use to freak out when I would come in because I am like a giant to them when they first came out of their box.

<strong>https://www.facebook.com/houghchrst/...128919/?type=3 UGh I hate the sound of my voice but I guess that is what I sound like folks, haha no pics of me sorry. Sound like I smoke too much.

I got my screen door to the foster room up finally, then went to close it and realized I hadn't made the screw holes far enough down the door to compensate for the bit of carpet. Crap!! So I have to take it down which means everybody goes to a separate room so I can let momma roam while I fix her door. It shuts and latches but it is not right. Jared was helping me and he gets frustrated easily so I have to be exact in what I want him to do so I was trying to get through it without any drama lol.

Attached Files
    Last edited by houghchrst; 07-26-2018, 03:24 AM.

Wonderful. Thanks for such a lovely way to start the day.

Comment

Thanks for fostering
      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
      Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

thank you Mike, it is really an honor to be able to do it. I wish I could do more but I already have a dog and a cat and to me they were here first so they get priority and many who foster may have four dogs that don't get along so they are switching up their animals for eating, potty breaks, outdoor play and I tried that and it is exhausting, not for me. So I do freelance, not for any one group just when I can and short term. Right now this cat belongs to my MMJ caregivers so I offered to help them out so they would be able to keep their cat. Dad said no kittens, cat has to go, so I offered to foster her while she has her kittens, get her fixed and they pay to get the babies fixed. A veterinary wellness clinic opened here locally that is first a rescue and now they are expanding their clinics, vaccinations and spay and neuter are ridiculously cheap. They are geared towards slowing the population growth of unfixed animals and making sure that basic care is affordable. Helping people be able to afford to keep their animals healthy. It will be only $40 to get mom spay and $10 each for the kittens, you can't beat that with a stick.

I don't know how many places have this but here we have what's called a TNR (Trap and Release) training program, it is where you trap feral cats and kittens, get them spay/neuter and release them back to where they were or to people who have barns and room for them to just roam. Most of the cats are unadoptable and if they were to go to the shelter they would be put down and there is already an epidemic of animals killed in shelters everyday
        Last edited by houghchrst; 07-29-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I'm very familiar with TNR, it's a wonderful program. I work closely with numerous local rescue groups. When I'm not working I'm volunteering

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
          Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

that's awesome Mike. It is very fulfilling, heartbreaking sometimes but being able to care for a helpless being is very rewarding. I would love to be out and about doing volunteer work but my body won't hack it so I do what I can.

Updating kitty adopters so I like to do a video to show how they are growing. <strong>https://www.facebook.com/houghchrst/...2140619165835/ I don't know what I was thinking got a bit of me in there too. I hate that

Comment

They are getting big, mama is ready to be rid of them and real tired of being cooped up in that room. She meows on and off throughout the day. Her belly is so big, now that she is done nursing she is slowly gaining weight.

Sweet Maddy was the first to make friends with me, she has decided that I am not a scary giant and she is the first to brave most anything.

And these boys always getting in trouble and Chunk has that softest fur. He is short bodied and round. Always running here and there and attacking his siblings and mama. Frisky is still not sure of the big scary giant, he greets me then is off, lately he has discovered my pant cuff and hangs on.

Paige forever crying about something she is no longer scared of the giant and is in love with my foot.

And Sammy thinks I am still a big scary giant and is forever on the move but I know where the sweet spot is on a little kitty so I can scratch him behind his ears and hypnotize him lol.

They can barely fit around a full sized plate anymore, may have to give one to mama and one for kitties. For some reasons I always have to fetch the girls to eat but the boys are right on target with a couple of mama's calls.

They will be eight weeks old on Sunday then two more weeks and they will be ready for speutering as they say. then homes. Not sure if I will foster again right away or if I will take a break. Jared wants me to not do it at all lol.
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh, oh, oh ..... makes me wish I had room for more cats

Comment

Beautiful kittens. You’ve done a very good thing. I thank you and my three feral-born cats thank you.

ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

oh how sweet they are. i can smell kitty breath right now it seems LOL. i could sit and watch kittens play all day. that waas about all i had to play with as a kid and i remember fondly how special each kitten seemed to me. i am glad they have a good program there to spay and neuter the cats. wish we had a si,i;ar one here.

overlook my misakes as i am finding it hader as time goes by just how hard it is to catch the mistakes and go back to corret them. it is good to see some familiar names here. taake care all.

Comment

That video is really fun to watch! Thank you for sharing the new arrivals. They all look like healthy happy kitties.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thank you Agate, they are all wonderful.

I actually cried yesterday at the thought of them leaving, on one hand I can't wait but I feel like these are my babies now lol. I have become very attached to the calico girl.

Hopefully this will not be my last time. I do enjoy it and I believe Jared does too though he complains that it triggers his anxiety, well it does mine too but I suck it up because it helps bring a sense of purpose to my life. Doing what I can in my own little part of the world.

Comment

Perhaps next time you could foster one or two. That might not trigger :)

Step 1 - log in

Comment

This is the sweet baby I have left. Looking for a home. I had to keep him and his sister longer than the rest because this boy caught a kitty cold. So he was on antibiotics and she had to be monitored. Found Maddie The Brave a home and they kept her name. Thought it was wonderful. he is now off of meds and ready so am spreading the word in my circle. He is amazing, he purrs constantly, even when he dozes lol. I love listening to it and holding his napping warm fuzzy body on my chest to keep me warm lol and give him comfort. Looking forward to the next. Would like to look into hospice fostering.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well I haven't gotten very far in my fostering career and here I have my first foster fail. Looks like Chunk now is one of the family lol. My son has fallen in love and Chunk is so sweet so I have agreed. Next I want to foster a dog. Need to get my foster room a bit more pet friendly because it is also my sewing and crafting room. The kittens had a field day in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X