Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS. Is he also allowed to take any other memory medications such as aricept While he is in the clinical trial?
    Under no circumstances.! And it will take another 2 and a half months of more PET scans (2), more blood work, more memory testing to see if he even qualifies to be enrolled. There are 375 persons being recruited to participate in the US and Canada for this Phase II trial.

Blessings on your anniversary Rose and Jim.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie, even more of a commitment than I realized. I hope your energy holds strong during this time. Thank Dave for us for what he is putting himself through to try and help everyone.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie, I am sorry about this news but glad that they offered something to do about it. A hard decision, for sure.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you all for your good wishes for our anniversary! We celebrated with a visit from Jon's GI to change his GTube. I was too tired to cook, so we had veggie dogs and frozen fries. Jim went to bed, and I sat with Jon for 4 hours watching him for seizures, as he's been having them every night for the last several days, when he's trying to fall asleep. At 2:00 a.m., he seized for 12 minutes. All three of us are wiped out today.

Virginia ~ It's an honor to share our anniversary date with your birthday! I hope you find your energy again and feel better soon.

Cherie ~

What a big and difficult decision for you and Dave with lots of pre-qualifying stuff to go through, plus waiting, plus not knowing which group Dave is in. I admire Dave's and your bravery to make this commitment. You are in my prayers.

When my uncle, who is only 7 years older than I am, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year, I checked out the Alzheimer's forum here on BT for more insight and information. I was attracted to a thread about CBD oil's efficacy in treating AD, so I conducted my own search for more information.

What I discovered was amazing, most specifically in the comments section of the articles, where spouses and caregivers for loved ones with AD praised their loved ones' improvement using CBD. And THC for anxiety, anger, sleep.

This would likely not be permitted during the trial study with Dave. I'm only offering this as information, not as an alternative to the study. If you're interested in the sites, which I've collected, I'll be happy to share them with you. I should probably post them on the AD forum.

Jim's oncologist says that Opdivo is working for Jim, but he also believes that CBD and THC oil are keeping him healthy enabling him to fight cancer and help Opdivo do its job. These oils seem to be what sets Jim apart from other patients in our cancer center. So we believe.

Sending healing energy and prayers for strength and Divine Guidance.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Rose - would you mind sharing the THC/CBD ratio of Jim's treatment?

Sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find the info when I looked.

Thanks! (happy anniversary! )

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920