Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy Anniversary Joan & hubby! I hope you both have a great day and year. Jeanie :)

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, I'm sorry to hear about Mellow Yellow. I had an alley/barn cat when I was little. She gave birth to many litters and several of the kittens were run over through the years. :(

Nuthatch, Happy anniversary.

Howie, that's annoying about the car. Or did the car know your balance was off and tried to keep you safe by not allowing you to drive?

Cherie, who is included as first-degree relatives? First cousins obviously, but beyond that? Their children? Grandchildren?
    Edited: In a search, the definition was much more narrow than I expected: Parents, full siblings, children.
    However thefreedictionary.com gave a definition closer to what I had expected: Those descended from a common ancestor.
    Last edited by Parsi; 07-03-2018 at 10:49 AM.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Sunshine, that's some valuable information. I'll save it on my computer.

And I've started no new meds. I tried a few that had a bad reaction for me. So for a while, I've been on the ones I've taken for years. If my BP is a little high, then maybe that's normal for me, and trying to force it lower doesn't work for me.

To me, it's about how I feel, not reaching some number. I could be wrong, but I'm 64, and ready to die. Living is more than your heart keeps beating. I'm not really living now. I just stay alive, but nothing more. My "life" is boring.

And for the mother hens, I would never commit suicide, period!
    I hear you Howie. You maybe looking for purpose in your life....since this spiraling disability, I know I struggle with that daily... No, I wouldn’t suicide either. ...But often wonder what the point is. A wise person once said that it is enough to breathe in and breathe out and take advantage of moments that offer an opportunity to offer up kindness... so I keep it in mind. But it doesn’t mean I don’t still struggle with it.

When I feel very bad physically, I am not bored. My boredom sets in when I feel a bit better, but not well enough to seek out stimulation.

I also make it a point to venture out each day where there are peopel, e.g. grocery store, or fruit stand, or doc visit, or used book store. Because I feel way more hopeless, bored, isolated if I spend a whole day at home....I force myself to get out for even just 45 minutes, every day, even when I don’t feel good....

I talk with my MS friend at the beach about this. We both feel more connected, less bored, when we sit in nature (in the shade of course).
    Last edited by Sunshine; 07-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, I wouldn’t suicide either. ...But often wonder what the point is.
    I'm pretty sure there's no point--not really for any of us. We're lucky enough to have been given a life, a bit of time on this earth. How long that time will be can't be known. But that time is there for us.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I hear you, Howie. I've told TC..and the attorney who is preparing updated living wills, powers of attorney and other such documents for us: They've poked and prodded me enough. I have a catheter, colostomy, hearing aids, eye implants (cataract surgery)….there is nothing left to attach to the outside of my body. Something else goes wrong...that's it, that's all, I'm not doing more surgery to "fix" something else, I'm not taking any more meds than I'm now taking. I'm not looking for breast cancer or colon cancer or vaginal cancer (there, Howie, that's something you don't have to worry about!! ), or anything else but maintenance. What's here is what you've got. This fails any more...then so be it. I won't kill myself...but I won't stop it from happening, either.....

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Some weird attachment popped up here...will try again next post
    Last edited by Sunshine; 07-03-2018 at 12:18 PM.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I remember when you were plagued by that horrible bedsore, just about ready to give up. But they pulled you through it and so glad we all were, and still are, that you are still in our MS community.

We are a small group now. Perhaps because we are so small, we have a sense of each other as people, even if we don’t know all the details such as names, and so forth. But we know some very basic and true things about each other’s core, by reading the posts, sharing posts .... it’s not a real life friend, but awfully nice to share our struggles with one another, since we “get it” to some extent.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Well said Sunshine.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank you for all the anniversary wishes. Can't believe it's been 47 years already . . . I'm not even that old! . . . ha ha ha.

I've been reading about the oppressive heat across the US, especially in the east. The weather has been so up and down here that the garden is not producing much. It was 90 degrees two days ago, but the high is only 70 today. I don't remember it ever being this consistently windy as this year. Is this the result of global warming?

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for checking in, nuthatch!

Howie, I'm sorry I probably misunderstood what you said earlier about being ready to die. You were saying you didn't want to try any new meds or new procedures or anything being promoted that might (possibly) improve your health.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast