Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinegar Reduced My Seizures

Distinguished Community Member

Hi BettyJohn,

I never realized that apple cider vinegar with mother in it would reduce my sz. I started using it to lose weight and to my surprise I've only had 48 seizures since Feb. 2018 and it's now Nov. 3, 2018. This is the lowest amount of sz. I've ever had even since brain surgery back in 1994 which reduced my sz. the vinegar reduced them even more. Wishing You only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
    Last edited by Porkette; 11-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Hi Folks,

Well it's been a long time since I posted a message but I wanted to give you an update and that's of Nov. 2019 I'm at the second lowest amount of seizures thanks to the apple
    cider vinegar with mother. If you are having a hard time with your seizures get some of this vinegar and take 2 Tablespoons in the morning then drink some juice or coffee along with
    your regular meals and meds and see if it helps you. Also if you go on YouTube and type in vinegar stops seizures you can watch a video about a girls seizures that completely stopped.
    Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

3. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Sue)))))) ~

I'm so happy for you that apple cider vinegar is still working so well for you in reducing your seizures. Isn't it amazing (and aggravating?) to think about all that you went through to get seizure control, the AEDs and other treatments, when apple cider vinegar was the answer? Why didn't one of your neuros think of that as an option? Not enough thinking outside the box, perhaps.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and success here. May you continue to have fewer seizures and may God bless you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

5. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Rose,

It's great to hear from you again. I have a feeling the Drs. didn't want to tell me or anyone about the apple cider vinegar because they are making money pushing seizure meds. I will admit that
    my neuro never heard about it and the only way I found out that the vinegar worked is when I started to take it to lose weight and it helped me there and that's when I also noticed a big drop in the seizures.

I wish you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

7. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Myself, I can't lose any more weight. Depakote already did that to me years ago, and I am at about the minimum level now that I can take. I can see it in their eyes, my epileptologist of 25 years worries about me when he last saw my frame. After a bout with pneumonia in 2018, I had lost even more weight and muscle. I was pretty thin before that.

During a telemetry I had in May 2018, I had several breakthroughs. My seizure types have changed. Again. I am now having primarily generalized seizures, after having secondarily generalized tonic clonic, with focal seizures always preceding them. Fascinating. Yet I still have a reliable warning, and remember everything that happened before, and leading up to the seizure.
    Of course the subject of seeking homeopathic medicine, instead of pharmaceutical options to combat seizures is a passion of mine. I hope perhaps to be able to someday add some serious information in this area. Until then, the best way is keep trying, finding what works best, practicing again and again, building the neural pathways that fight the seizure... Who knows, maybe patients working themselves to build neural pathways to "bridge the gap" over the "epileptogenic areas" that started it all, may end up being the cure? Really drugs only treat the seizures, they do nothing to end them. The drug companies never will want to end them. Realism states that we must find our own solution in a capitalistic world. This is a huge reason I began this over 25 years ago.

Practice makes perfect.
    If you don't use it you lose it.
    This is how the nervous system works.
    Keep that vinegar flowing. It seems to work for you.
    My guess is that it may work better for you as time goes on. Or, there are theoretically other possibilities, they are just as, or even more complex. We can leave those off the table for now. lol

Excellent find and share Porkette!
    I hope to continue to hear about your progress.
    I am intending to try to step up my involvement in epilepsy research.
    I'll have to see who might be interested in my brainwaves, or perhaps even cognitive patient brainwave manipulation to achieve a purpose.
    These are indeed fascinations of mine.
    I have been doing that since the 1990's. I've even blogged about it here.
    I will defiantly keep you guys posted on any of those types of developments.
    Firehorse

9. The following user says "thanks"

Hi Firehorse,

When I was taking Depakote just like you I lost a lot of weight. I later found out that Depakote can cause anorexia where a person can either gain or lose weight do to the med. If you want to find out the right med to take have you Dr. do a DNA test on you. All they have to do is draw some blood and get some salvia from your mouth, this is sent to the lab where the Drs. can see the amount of enzymes in a persons liver along with their body chemistry and then they can match that up to the best seizure med for a person with the least side effect. When I had the DNA test done they found out I was drug resistant and that's when I started using cbd (med. marijuana) and the vinegar and since then things have been much better. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12