Hydrocephalus ( arrested )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrocephalus ( arrested )

Hi, i underwent mri last year for pituitary gland examination (my hormones were in disbalance) and accidentally they found hydro in my brain ( 3 ventricles were dilatated and 4th vent was enlarged too but not as much as the first three ventricles. the neurosurgeon said it is arrested hydrocephalus because i had no serious symptoms like vomiting ,severe headache and urinary incontinence .. but i have problems with fatigue ,hormones, concentration ,mood changes ..I lost 3 years ago 40 kg very unhealthy.(Starvation,DEHYDRATATION,USING COFFEINE FAT BURNERS).
    MY FIRST QUESTION IS : 1. Should i worry about the hydro because my ventricles look the same as the last year on MRI
    2. Can dehydratation(severe) cause hydrocephalus... THANKS

Wow, I just saw this! Did you get another opinion? I hope so. Dehydration doesn't cause hydro, but it can result in serious symptoms for us. I hope you got help!

Comment

Thank you for replying, LIZARD66. It's a shame that kashfi has had to wait for over 5 years for a reply.

It would be nice if there were more people here who could give prompt, knowledgeable replies but we can at least let newbies know that we're here and reading what they say.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hello.I think I remember your name Agate. I have been dotting in and out since @2000 but not been here for a few years now. So many names have gone. Was diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus 2/3 years ago but not severe. Don’t need a shunt and cognitive abilities remain good so far thank goodness. I do as much as possible to stay well and healthy but I guess I’m crumbling a bit now. Just turned 73, and have usual aches and pains. My lovely husband died last year. Miss him dreadfully.
        it’s vital not to become dehydrated as we get older. I was in hospital recently and I kept waking up during night to find another elderly lady in my bed! She was confused and suffering from a urine infection, dehydrated and just a little bonkers!
        Happy New Year all.

Comment

Welcome back, hannah44!

I'm so sorry about your husband--and about your hospitalization too. We're here for you if you'd like to drop by more often. We try to be here though there aren't the large numbers you probably remember.

Happy New Year to you too!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X