Woman with SPS putting on one-act play about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman with SPS putting on one-act play about it

A woman with SPS is doing a one-act play about it, called "Stiff":Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Wow! How did you find this article?! If her Stiff Person Syndrome is like so many if us, the excitement of each performance can bring intense pain.

Comment

Ohhh! I'd love to see this play! Yes I would imagine performing makes her tight as it does for me with spasticity but if you play a character with your own disability as I did here Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... you tend to be more relaxed about the whole thing. Its much worse for disabled actors who are told to hide their disabilities when they perform.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

A while back I mentioned setting up a Google Alert for "stiff-person syndrome." I did that and have been getting occasional e-mails about it. (I've had an alert set up for MS/Tysabri/PML and for Ocrevus for a while, and some interesting items do turn up.) You could probably set up quite a few of these alerts if you wanted specific information about aspects of the disorder or suggested treatments for it or whatever.

Today's e-mail brought links to a couple of reviews of this woman's show:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Anyone who has Google can subscribe to Google Alerts on any topic. You just name the topic and you'll start getting e-mails about it. I was afraid I'd be deluged with e-mails but actually there are only a couple of them each week--and I now have 3 topics going.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

More about her show:

Comment

More news about Sherry Jo Ward and her show:

And this one from Dmagazine.com (Dallas, January 15, 2020) is more about her husband (and may be too political for use here) but she's mentioned in it:

Comment

Working...
            X