Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

When you got Botox for incontinence did your doc give you antibiotics before and after the procedure?

Any problem with me driving the 20 minutes to and from the place?

Did you take a Valium 5mg before procedure?

Anything else Ishould know?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Calling Cat...come in Cat....

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling Cat...come in Cat....
    I sent her a pm too.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

No, no antibiotics were offered, none taken. No valium, either.

They put me to sleep -- light anesthetic. I get there, get prepped, given an anesthetic, and don't know anything is happening until I wake up in the recovery room. It's considered "out patient surgery" and you're treated as such. Nothing to eat after midnight the night before. They'll want to know what meds you're on, and some you shouldn't take until after the procedure. No powder or creams should be applies to the area before the procedure. In my case, it's done in the operating room -- although I don't remember being wheeled in there!

I have been very happy with it. Greatly relieved my bladder spasms without complications. After the first set of shots I did stay on bladder spasm meds for about 6 weeks, then stopped, and haven't taken anything since. The only times since stating this that I've had bladder incontinence was once when my catheter was blocked -- I have a history of bladder stones, and once when I had a UTI. Otherwise I've been dry. A very good thing.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes well.

No, don't drive yourself there! The anesthetic does take awhile to dissipate, you'll be a bit groggy. Get someone to drive you to/from.

I have had no after effects -- been done 4 times now. No pain or discomfort, just the grogginess until the anesthesia wears off.

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Linda, just in case your hubby drives you and it is a morning appointment remember to tell him that TC takes Cat to lunch afterward. Good luck!
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Oh...one more thing: don't be alarmed if your urine is bloody right after the procedure and for the next 24 hours. That's common. If longer than that, call the doctor. And if course call when f you experience anything else unusual.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Good luck, Laz, hope it goes well and you get the same wonderful results that Cat does!

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, no antibiotics were offered, none taken. No valium, either.

They put me to sleep -- light anesthetic. I get there, get prepped, given an anesthetic, and don't know anything is happening until I wake up in the recovery room. It's considered "out patient surgery" and you're treated as such. Nothing to eat after midnight the night before. They'll want to know what meds you're on, and some you shouldn't take until after the procedure. No powder or creams should be applies to the area before the procedure. In my case, it's done in the operating room -- although I don't remember being wheeled in there!

I have been very happy with it. Greatly relieved my bladder spasms without complications. After the first set of shots I did stay on bladder spasm meds for about 6 weeks, then stopped, and haven't taken anything since. The only times since stating this that I've had bladder incontinence was once when my catheter was blocked -- I have a history of bladder stones, and once when I had a UTI. Otherwise I've been dry. A very good thing.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes well.

No, don't drive yourself there! The anesthetic does take awhile to dissipate, you'll be a bit groggy. Get someone to drive you to/from.

I have had no after effects -- been done 4 times now. No pain or discomfort, just the grogginess until the anesthesia wears off.

Thanks. I don’t know why I am worrying about doing this. Maybe I am concerned that my luck handling my MS and the meds is going to hit a bump in this long road. I read too many unhappy experiences and read too much of the literature that describes only limited benefits. However, with your info. I am shaking my worries off and forging ahead.

The procedure for me is different. I go to the building that houses the urology group and not the hospital. She is only using a med. that numbs the area...I remember thinking it was like a novacaine(sp). I can take a 5mg Valium an hour before if a I want. They want me to stay an hour after the procedure but it is not required. If I do not take the Valium and I am not in great discomfort I can then drive the 20 minutes home.

I am just worrying too much. I want it to work...to be over..no infections or need to learn to cath..Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-13-2018 at 05:53 AM.
    Linda~~~~

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Good luck tomorrow!

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Linda, can you phone the doctor's office and just ask them what HER stats are, ie, how many times she's done this, how many people has it been successful for, how often do the patients use or forego valium, how often side effects occur, etc.

It might boost your confidence if you learn that she has a very good track record and much success?

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast