Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary Chit Chat

Hello out there,,

Hows everybodys weather doing ?,, Iowa has gone from extreme cold to 50 degrees, and then back to extreme cold,, and thunderstorms,, we never know what to expect,,

Well I went for my infusion today,, and to be honest,, they say 7 hours,, I was done in 4 1/2 hours,, and it went real good,,. the infusion nurse was so nice,, another one to due July 31st,,.lets hope this keeps working,,,

not much else.. grandkids are growing up to fast,, I have to get a recent picture up,, Farmer Joe is always busy,,....................

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, I'm so glad you were able to have that infusion at last and that it went well!

Weather here has been wonderful for this time of year. A couple of days it was nearly 60'. Rain most days but it hasn't been so cold and so has been much easier to put up with.

Now that the roofers are done, after 3 and a half weeks, I was able to move the plant stands back onto the patio. On some days it feels almost like spring.

Birds singing! Flowers blooming! Green leaves on trees! It will all happen!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

3. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello out there,,

Hows everybodys weather doing ?,, Iowa has gone from extreme cold to 50 degrees, and then back to extreme cold,, and thunderstorms,, we never know what to expect,,

Well I went for my infusion today,, and to be honest,, they say 7 hours,, I was done in 4 1/2 hours,, and it went real good,,. the infusion nurse was so nice,, another one to due July 31st,,.lets hope this keeps working,,,

not much else.. grandkids are growing up to fast,, I have to get a recent picture up,, Farmer Joe is always busy,,....................

later then
    Here in western MA the weather is as uneven as you describe. I had bought a Toyota Tundra and a plow to handle snow but have not had much practice. When we did have snow Farmer John felt ok and plowed with the big John Deere which has a huge plow. (No cab so it has to be warm)

We have been busy ordering seeds and planning. I love farming for that continual cycle of life and death and life again.
    For the first time ever we have a mechanic servicing all the tractors during the winter so they should be ready to start moving around in March. The mechanic comes here every day to work on machinery. Life is darn good!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

5. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

They're predicting snow for next weekend so you may try out your plow then. I'm hoping for light snow myself. I'd prefer none though.
    Last edited by Frog42; 02-01-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Peg, my IVIG infusion was supposed to last most of the day. I was surprised when it was done in 2 1/2 hours. I learned that a quicker infusion meant more side effects. The nurse had just decided to make it go faster even though the doctor had not ordered it that way. This was a year ago,

I wonder if this could be the same for your Ocrevus?

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yeah, the weather in the Midwest has been strange indeed. Yesterday it was in the mid 30's....today it is barely above -0. It got down to minus 25, here! Now THAT's cold!!

Haven't had much snow, though..and no real snow in the forecast. A couple of inches...maybe....over the weekend, but otherwise na-da. Bare ground in a lot of areas.

All for now..

11. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peg, my IVIG infusion was supposed to last most of the day. I was surprised when it was done in 2 1/2 hours. I learned that a quicker infusion meant more side effects. The nurse had just decided to make it go faster even though the doctor had not ordered it that way. This was a year ago,

I wonder if this could be the same for your Ocrevus?
    Usually the first infusion goes slowly and they keep ramping it up as long as you are ok. But it should take about 6 hours. The one you get two week later goes faster because they are not so worried about you having a reaction.
    That is the standard for rituxan and for my friends in my support group doing Ocrevus...

When I did IVIg they used the same idea and started slowly and kept setting it to go faster and faster about every half hour.
    Since I did 70g each time it would take a long time! (That is 7 hours at the fastest rate. )I used the fastest rate from the beginning of the day because, after a year, I did not have any reactions. I went on to do this for 2 day’s each month for 8 years.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good February everyone! Here's how I started the month. I went to bed at 4am, and woke up at 4pm. Drinking coffee all day does that, doesn't it? So I plan to just stay awake all night tonight, and hit the dump, bank, and store at 7am. Then the day is mine. I'll try not to nap, but we'll see. Have a great evening!

15. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

It's 8:05, and I'm back home, and done for the day. I stayed up all night, and when I stepped out the front door and fell, I knew I should have gotten some sleep.

It wasn't coffee to blame for not sleeping, but the night before payday. Having been absolutely broke for weeks got to me. I'm going to be broke this month too, but not as bad.

So everyone have a great day!

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Good morning and happy February everyone!

Were you hurt, Howie? I STILL have the marks from my tumble down the stairs, what, 2 years ago? When I think about it, I'm VERY fortunate I didn't develop a hematoma from how hard the back of my head smacked against the concrete at the bottom. I think I may have got off lucky with just marks on my girlish legs.

We kids have to be careful, you know?

I've been reading here a bit, I hope to participate more. I really hope nuthatch lives nowhere near Montecito, I think she's farther north?

Let's hope the groundhog does whatever today that will bring spring quicker, but a mild hurricane season for Jeannie. Hugs to all!

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast