Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else noticing a problem with pages not loading?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Is anyone else noticing a problem with pages not loading?

Pages are slow to load for me on this site or won't load at all. I started noticing this a day or so ago and wondered if anyone else is having a problem?Other Websites are working fine for me--it's just BrainTalk. I've cleared the cache but that didn't help.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Not me, Agate.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 01-19-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((agate)))))) ~

With Spectrum, I have internet connection problems daily. But BT loads up for me on a regular basis without a problem. It's usually graphic intense sites or video sites (like YouTube) that take a long time to load (or not load) for me. I wonder what could be the problem with BT not loading for you. I hope Mike will stop by with help.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Rose, I have Internet connectivity problems too, almost daily, and by now I more or less know them when I see them. If there's an Internet connection problem, it affects all Websites, maybe with a brief exception here and there. But for the last couple of days, the only Website that has given me trouble has been here at BT. Right now it's purring along nicely though.

I might get one page of BT OK but can't move on to any other page.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((agate)))))) ~

When you can't move onto another page at BT, do you click out of BT and try loading another site? Could be you're having connection problems, while you're here. That does happen to me. And if I try to go to another site, and it doesn't load, I know it's the connection issue. Do you check your modem when you have trouble loading BT pages? The flashing lights should indicate whether it's a connection issue with your ISP.

Computers and the internet are wonderful, until this kind of stuff (and other stuff some of us have been through recently) happen.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Rose, other Websites are working just fine after I have the problem here. That's why I suspect it isn't my connectivity problem. I have a number of ways of coping with that connectivity problem:

Clear the cache. Restart the computer. Shut off the computer and then turn it back on. Pull the power plug on the modem for a minute (this is a last resort I hate to have to use). I go through this routine often--every other day or so, sometimes several times a day. My Internet service provider tried and tried to fix it and apparently can't. I've spent hours on the phone with them about it. That was over a year ago. I haven't felt up to more hours on the phone with them lately but one of these days I'll try again with them.

I think it has something to do with my location and the traffic on the Internet, but that's just a theory.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((agate)))))) ~

I hear you! I do what you've described every day, every time I use our computer! It's maddening. A Spectrum service tech told us a few months ago that we had to have all of the cables replaced in our house.

We have two attics, and access is in our office. We converted our walk in closet to a library and "cafe" with a counter, where we have a small fridge, coffee maker and tea kettle. I had to clean out everything in the closet to allow access to our attics, which took me days. Then, life started to change again in our family, and I haven't pursued the cable replacement.

But, in truth, I think that needing new cables is a ruse. I think we just have a lousy server, a gigantic company that doesn't care about its customers and charges a fortune. I would lay odds that a majority of Spectrum customers would agree with me.

And I know about the agonizing hours of trying to get these computer problems solved. Just know ... you are not alone.

Love & Light,

Rose

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I've come to the same conclusion about CenturyLink. They've figured out how dependent on an Internet connection many people are and are charging whatever they can get away with, without bothering to provide the needed tech support.

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I haven't had any more problems with slow or unresponsive page loads here (knock on wood). Whatever the problem was must have fixed itself.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I went over the logs and did not find anything that indicated the server was having problems. This leads me to believe that the connection between you and the server was having trouble somewhere along the way. Keep in mind that your computer doesn't just connect straight to BT, it must go through dozens of other computers and switches to get here and back to you.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast