No announcement yet.

Keep Moving check in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swam 31minutes today , 1/2 mile. I swam yesterday too, a bit more.

Comment

Today I swim half a mile in 31 minutes. It seems to take my legs a few minutes to recover afterwards before I can safely walk back to the house. The new house pool will be a few steps from my living room, so much easier.

I have rides lined up for Saturday for surfing.

Comment

Today I swam a half mile +80 yards. It felt pretty good! I can tell the IV I G is wearing off, though.

Tomorrow I have a ride to go surfing! It’s always a very fun morning. Every time, I dread it. I make myself get ready because I always Have a good time.

Comment

Today I went surfing again. It’s the first time since the horrible spasm last week when I had to ditch the plan to surf that morning.

These were leftovers from Florence. She has been sending down swell from the northeast all week long, up to 6-9 ft on Thursday. By today the surf was down to knee to thigh high with waist highs coming through, glassy.

This was an exercise in controlling my fear. i was fearful while awaiting my ride to be away from my emergency help, but I went anyway, even though I dread it.

Being on the beach and spotting the wonderful looking waves was a big temptation. So I paddled out. I was petrified the whole time of a repeat spasm. But I paddled out nonetheless, wondering why I do this....Nothing big was happening, a few rides on my stomach, several missed rides; the missed ones take a toll on me, so I paddled back to the wheelchair to tame down the twitching muscles. On the paddle back, my left thigh tried to rotate. Scared, i got out.

It was in the wheelchair where I questioned the whole enterprise, as the legs were really chattering to me with way too much feedback. No one was nearby, they were either in the water or walking the beach 1/4 mile away. But I do keep the muscle relaxants on the wheelchair, so there was that. But, feeling adrift and in a situation where it would be a while if someone noticed me.

My legs settled down. So, i paddled out. And glad of that I was. I took 4 standing up waves in. Two were very satisfying! I was pleased that my pop up still works, stood up without going to the knees first. And on one wave, I was surprised my knees could bend deeply without tiriggering a spasm in the shins. This was a real delight! Suddenly, i was less petrified! something about the board going up and down with the wave energy allows me to do things I cannot do on land without a spasm.

We left about 15 minutes earlier than usual, a wise decision because i am pretty sure I was pushing the limit.

Comment

You are making wise decisions. I which you could tell the fear to take a hike but maybe it helps keep you safe.

ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Yeah, I know!

Swam 1/2 mile plus 100 Yards today, 32 minutes.

Comment

Yesterday I lifted hand weights for ten minutes.
                Today I swam 32 minutes, for 1/2 mile plus 103 Yards. Hoping to last through morning errands.

Comment

Had IVIG yesterday for eight hours.

Today I swam a half mile, 30 minutes, then drive an hour round trip, wheelchaired 5 minutes on a carpeted med facility. Walked 125 steps into and in the book store. I was determined and lucky was able to do all this. One more errand then done.

Comment

I had a spasm very early Friday morning so I didn’t swim that day. And I canceled surfing this weekend.
                    Yesterday I went back in the pool and swam 20 minutes.
                    Today I swam 31 minutes, 1/2 mile plus 75 Yards. So far so good.

Comment

Today I swam 31 minutes, 1/2 mile plus 80 Yards. Pool has cooled to 81. When it drops below 78, time to head to the public pool for the winter, or until I move!

Comment

Today at 3:15 a.m. ai woke up with both legs in spasm mode. Tizanidine 8 mg settled it in about 30 minutes. Now they’re buzzing and weak. So, I will not exercise today or leave the house. Hoping for the best. Will not surf this weekend either.

You guys know what this is like and how it feels....all too well....
                        Last edited by Sunshine; 09-25-2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Today I swam 1/2 mile in 29 minutes.
                          I tried a new strategy to prevent the 2-3:30 a.m. spasms...Inset an alarm for 12:30 am and took 4 mg Tizanidine to get me through the 12:30-4:30 time period, as I normally awaken at 4:30. Maybe it did the trick?

Comment

I swam 1/2 mile in 29 minutes. I’ve been setting alarm for 12:30 am two nights now to take a Tizanidine to prevent a 2:30 a.m. spasm, which has become a problem. So it raeally chops up my sleep badly.i gotta keep messing around with this for a happy medium.

Comment

Swam 1/2 mile, 29 minutes today. So far, no spasms.

Comment

After re spasm early Saturday, I skipped swimming etc the rest of the day. Then today, I did a partial swim of 15 min and 1/4 mile. I did fine.
                                Last edited by Sunshine; 09-30-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X