No announcement yet.

Keep Moving check in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiff Person Syndrome has a domino effect. We are not on our feet enough, or exercising enough which can contribute to osteoporosis in older patients, emergence of cardiac and cholesterol problems due to lack of walking and aerobic exercise.

Comment

Yesterday’s IVIG is reaping benefits. I was able to walk from the car to the pool capably without frantically looking for supports in the way.

I was able to do 650 Yards in 21 minutes uneventfully, still not brave enough to risk spasm by doing more. The warm air helped since there was no shivering;)

Comment

Good suggestion on the Velcro.

Truly feel bombarded now a days. I carry foam ear plugs with me to help tone down the noise. I refuse to give up everything. Hibernating which is what feels easiest just is not worth the other price. Got to push ahead. Continue to educate friends, family and care givers.

Comment

You and I seem to be in the same page. My psych health is always better if I have at least one trip away from my house cocoon.

Which ear plugs work for you? So far I can’t find any.

Am starting a lobbying for FAA to clamp down on touch and go flights by flight schools. It will be a slog and it creates pain.

Comment

I swam 21 minutes today. 700 yards

Comment

Today I swam 700 Yards, 22 minutes. The heart and soul wants to swim more, but the leg muscles were starting to bounce around. Being careful of spasms, I stopped. It was warm out which made clean up easier after.

Comment

I swam 600 Yards today in 20 minutes. It was 80f outside. Locker room was about 65.

My muscle behind the hip bone is clenching. Don’t know if it’s a back problem or Stiff Person Syndrome flaring. Or both.

Comment

Taking day off swimming today. Moving consists of picking up groceries, lifting 8lb weights. Will have to suffice that no aerobic being done.

Comment

I swam 15 minutes today, 550 Yards. The thigh muscle clenching ended it.

Comment

I swam 21 minutes today, 750yards. I could barely walk getting out. My bad right leg wanted to spasm and felt rubbery. Sat down, rested ten minutes, skipped shower and drove home, still recovering.

Bummer.

Comment

It was a beautiful Florida winter day with air temp 75, zero wind, cool ocean 76F. The waves were clean and turquoise, thigh to hip high , breaking gently.

I was frightened to go what with my traitorous body and recent crisis swimming. My DH said, you will see your friends and you don’t have to get wet if you don’t want.

But of course, as he wheeled me to the ocean and a buddy strapped on my leash, just looking at the water got me frothing. The paddle out was so easy, just gliding out to the lineup.

Am happy to say I got two nice floaty waves, one easy wipeout, and one had to bail after popping up as a dudette was coming right at me. It was her wave, my bad.

There were plenty of sharks out there.

I have learned to stop with the slightest muscle warning. So, while it would’ve been nice to keep on out there, it was great to have had the fun.

Comment

That was an all day recovery from beach and making supper. GEESH. So, today, no exercise, stay home and regroup.

Comment

Well, I did lift 10and 12 lb weights today to strengthen bones and keep veins from collapsing from constant infusions

Comment

Skipped swim today. Just handled 8 flights of stairs spread across day in activities of daily living.

May try swim tomorrow , but short one.

Comment

Mindful of the crisis last time, minutes and that’s 350yards. Clenching began the last two minutes. Cut it 100 Yards short of 1/4 mile and averted a crisis.

Odd that warmer water better for Stiff Person Syndrome and cooler for MS.

Comment

Working...
                                X