No announcement yet.

Keep Moving check in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I swam 800 yards in 24 minutes. Felt good. Had an ankle spasm at 2 am that settled down quickly, so I chanced it. DH was home. Just about 1/2 mile. 240 more feet.

Seem to be faring a bit better since last IVIG.

Comment

today I swam 800 yards in 23.5 minutes, despite a quick spasm a few hours earlier in wee hours of morning. thinking the cutback of Baclofen might cause it. I like cutting back, even the 5 mg less creates less side effects.

Comment

In an upside down morning, DH and I spontaneously decided to descend upon WalMart at 7 a.m. before the crowds to buy counter top small plug in appliances in prep for hurricane season.

This year we will not evacuate. With SPS its too hard to travel away from a hurricane. Flying would be the least difficult, but it comes with hardship as well in terms of getting handicap equipment at the other end..., having to haul all that medicine for a 1-2 week stay.

We have a generator, but the cooktop and oven are not plugged into it. The fridge is, as is the A/C, most lights, computer (which will be useless without WiFi at first)...

So, I swam after Walmart, about 90 minutes later. No harm no foul. I didn’t spasm. Swam 822 yards in 23.5 minutes. Felt fine, or at least, fine for me....Had woken up with ankles, feet and shins feeling like there were tight ace bandages around them. I was unable to wear a sneaker on one foot for about 10 minutes because the weight of it pulled the top of the foot down, feeling like it would trigger ankle spasm. That cleared up.

Comment

No swimming, no cooking today due to bad spasms last night and residual impacts of Ativan and Valium rectal gel. REally thought I sound end up in the ER.

Comment

Today I swam 880 yards, just short of 1/2 mile, 25 minutes. Cautiously I emerged from the pool >Doing fine now.

Comment

Today I swam 1/2 mile in 26 minutes.Then I went to grocery store and resting now. I have been doing better; maybe becasue UTIs have resolved...after resting, will put surf board into car for tomorrow. And pack up surf bag, plan for Ativan and Valium if emergency at ocean. Try to keep out of ER. Hope for pain, but no spasms.

Still hoping to go to beach tomorrow and (gasp) surf—first time since October, Used to go 2 times weekly...miss it.

Comment

The rest of the day has been overwhelming. I underestimated the work in getting ready, finding the stuff, remembering it, making lists, packing up meds for car and for beach, packing up the car with all the gear. I am beat. If it were today, I would have to bail. Let’s see how I feel in the morning.

DH was not home today, doing his hobby. He didn’t get to see the collapse...mental and physical. Just too much to think about, worry about, Gotta do some meditation.

Comment

what a rush! After totally running myself in the ground yesterday to prepare for today’s surfing, taking 3 hours to do a 20 minute job, I was pleased to wake up this morning restored! The med let me walk better and spasm free.

So off we went, with husband at the wheel. The R2D2 arrived right on time and my crew was there to help carry my gear andwheel me to the beach. What a beautiful sight: uncrowded gentle knee to thing highs, semi clean, just mild offshore winds.

The paddle out was a snap and it was great to get back in the ocean and see the spray come over the board on the paddle out (Love that!)— and the big waves from the locals in the line up, welcoming me home was a real nice touch.

Just being out there amongst friends and the ocean was indescribably as you might know. To me, the social aspect of surfing is what makes it so delicious. I don’t mean paddling over to a guy who clearly wants to be alone.( I mean trading jokes, How you doing buddy’s, complimenting rides, and sharing the awesomeness of being one with the ocean: that’s the socializing I love. And for those I know better, hearing the latest on the grandchild, or the job search, or working to give up smoking etc. — to me that’s part of surfing too, just as it’s part of life. )

So, I paddled for 2.5 hours— this med works wonders— with some spasticity, but no spasms. Hallelujah! And I chased about 10 waves: my timing is really off having been out of the ocean since October, but also being overexcited. I popped up on 5 waves: the first four the pop up was awful with both feet facing forward, so I lost the board. The last one, though, I nailed— feet were in place, and I got a nice little drop on a thigh high clean left: I couldn’t move my feet nimble enough to redistribute the weight, or shift my weight around gracefully, so the ride ended quickly....but I got that drop feeling that we all love!

But mainly I got pieces of myself back. I got a fun fun fun morning with friends in the ocean!Now, i am thinking of maybe being able to do it again as the body and med allows— before today, I had thought my surfing days were closing.

I might look like a kook out there : But I challenge anyone to strap 20lb weights on each ankle, five pounds on each arm, get good and dizzy by spinning around for 5 minutes, and have a gorilla squeezing your shin and ankle muscles, and then try to surf!

I am so lucky to be a surfer. And I know it.

Comment

Today I swam 740 yards in 23 minutes. Its been a too busy day. I am feeling disorganized with the upcoming bladder procedure in two days. Will chill tomorrow.

Try organizing the 24 meds in case Husband (or hospital if something goes wrong) can take over the dosing.Its overwhelming.

Comment

Today I swam 24 minutes, 802 yards. Did well . Getting ready for outpt bladder surgery tomorrow.

Comment

Today I swam 1/4 mile in 14 minutes. I stopped early as my leg muscle wanted to spasm. Good to be back inthe pool though.

Comment

Today I swam 800 yards in 22 minutes after a 2 am ankle spasm (ouch)..Ambition and Luck:

055736DD-A8DE-481F-AF8C-19F248A2D538.jpg

Comment

Today I swam 826 yards in 25 minutes. So far so good.

Comment

Today i swam 800 yards 24 minutes.

Comment

I swam 1/4 mile in 15 minutes. Still don’ttrust Legs after those massive spasms Mon-Tues.

Comment

Working...
                                X