No announcement yet.

SPS and overreactiveness to noise, emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate TV's in medical settings. During the aftermath of the Boston Bombing, the local bank put in a TV so peeps could watch while standing in line!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
      I finally started wearing noise deadening head phones in doctor waiting rooms and at the IVIG infusion center to block out TV squeals, sudden speech.

It may look odd, but it helps a lot.

Why do most docs have TV in the waiting rooms? Some have incendiary FOX news and CNN shows. So rude.
      I had the same problem at my cardiologist. The TV blasting left my nerves shot so my spasticity went crazy and he wondered why my blood pressure was up. Its like "Dude you live in this body and then tell me if blasting depressing news stories before EKGs is a good idea." :(
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Today I showed up for my blood work at the Lab. I had an appointment. They blare TV in a crowded waiting room.

So, I took headphones with me which helped, but the TV was still loud.

Well, they were running 45-60 minutes late. All the while, my legs were stiffening from the noise.

F$#k this, I thought. So I got up and left. Will try again later this week at an early morning appointment.

Comment

Thinking of you today, Sunshine. I am in my mom’s doctor’s office and the TV is blaring. It’s medical info but very annoying.

ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

So obnoxious! Docs ought to be sentenced to being in the waiting room for an hour with the noise!

I bring noise cancel headphones to my IVIG, like today. It’s necessary! It blocks out the tedious conversations, the noise from people’s devices. For eight hours!
            Last edited by Sunshine; 07-25-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Pushing this on to page 1

Comment

Working...
              X