Physical Therapy experiences and Stiff Person Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical Therapy experiences and Stiff Person Syndrome

I signed up for PT to help with back pain and also Stiff Person Syndrome muscle spasticity in my ankles and shins.

Big mistake. After the visit, the spasticity increased for hours, and the following 4 days after each PT homework assignment had increased spasticity. So, I stopped PT.

During the PT session, he also had wanted to try low current electric stimulation in the muscles. Glad I turned it down, as it didn’t seem appropriate for Stiff Person Syndrome !

Internet suggests “passive”PT and ultrasound could help Stiff Person Syndrome....Dunno. Not taking a chance at this point.

A fellow Stiff Person Syndrome Warrior is starting PT now. Will be curious about its impact and side effects.

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Case report on PT and Stiff Person Syndrome

Comment

My fellow SPS warrior said the PT is making it easier to walk. It does create more stiffening and spasm.

Comment

Go to this web page and listen to Dr Newsome talk about PT for Stiff Person Syndrome, in the Management of Stiff Person Syndrome window of this web page

Comment

Good pdf of case report. Bring it to your PT!

Comment

Research article on PT for Stiff Person Syndrome:

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                My fellow SPS warrior said the PT is making it easier to walk. It does create more stiffening and spasm.
                Glad the PT is helping with SPS. In CP PT is a mixed bag with the stiffening because parts of it loosen muscles and other parts cause tension without the PT meaning to cause tension.
                Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
                X