Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: Nov. 2017

Distinguished Community Member

I had been doing very little in the house this week because I felt really bad, but maid came in Tuesday and helped out and I did do a little.

Today I felt better, so I got out for several hours. I went to jewelry store and had a battery put in my watch, then I drove to a Babyrus store and bought my great niece a gift for her baby shower on December 3rd. I bought a diaper bag that she wanted and there was no box for it. I got through the counter to pay then I saw a table where you could wrap your gifts yourself, so I stood there and wrapped it as best I could. The table was high and no under leg or chair. Anyway, I then went to the grocery store and bought groceries. I came home and brought them in and put them away. Then I went to Whole Foods and bought 3 bottles of wine (I'll explain that) then to Panera where I bought supper and got home about 5:45. I left around 2:20 to 2:30. I was tired.

Okay, so about buying 3 bottles of wine. Last week I stopped in Whole Foods for something and passed some wine that was $2.99 a bottle. I have heard that some of that wine is good and I just decided that I would try some. It is Pino Grigio and the name of it is Three Wishes. Anyway, I liked it better than any I had been buying in the grocery store for much more. So while they have it I went back and got 3 bottles which should last about 3 weeks. I was glad they had put out some more. I wish they would keep it in stock all the time. I don't mind paying that much for a bottle of wine that I like.

So that was my day. I bought my niece a really nice diaper bag that she had on her register. It is a very pretty Laura Ashley, but was more expensive than I had wanted to pay. I have also ordered a book that Nuthatch recommended that I can write a note in. I wish I could find a picture that I have somewhere of the day that her Mother was born. I was at the hospital later that day and held her and there is a picture somewhere of that - if only I knew where.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Whew! You’ve been busy Virginia!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Swam 1/4 mile plus 50 Yards today

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

BBS that wonderful!

Let me tell y'all about my day. I had a hair appointment at 3 this afternoon, and I also needed to pick up a prescription at Costco. So, I decided to leave home at two and give myself an hour to get to Costco, pick up prescription and get back close to my house for hair appointment. I do not go to Costco, other than to Pharmacy, due to the amount of walking in there. I thought Monday would be a slack day. Well, I got there and the parking lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. I couldn't just sit in car and wait for someone to get in their car and leave because I was afraid I would be late for hair appointment. I finally parked way away from door (well for me anyway). There were 18 car spaces between me and the door. After the 18 spaces I had to walk across a cross walk into Costco and thru the store to Pharmacy, then I had to go back out the same way. By the time I got back to my car I was feeling sick on my stomach, my legs were barely moving on the pavement. I then had to get car out of parking lot and get to hairdresser. I made it in time, but she asked if I wanted to make another appointment for another time because I looked like there was something wrong. I told her "no way" because I was already a week overdue. That was the most walking I have done in a long time. For most people it would be a hop, skip and a jump away, but it was a long walk for me. That was my exercise for today.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I understand this, Virginia. You did the impossible because it was necessary.

Take tomorrow off.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hear you, Virginia. Now I hope you can rest up for a while and get over that "challenge."
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Whoa Virginia. That was quite a hike. No way I would’ve done that. That’s exactly why I no longer go to big boxes, and try to do groceries in early morning. I skip it if there is nothing close to store.

You deserve a square of dark chocolate.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

does the coffee they like in NW give them MS?
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does the coffee they like in NW give them MS?
    Unsure I follow you, can you say more?

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought clouds z was joking. Apparently Seattle or the entire Pacific NW has earned a reputation for drinking coffee in recent years--probably because of the many Starbucks places popping up all over.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast