Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: Nov. 2017

Distinguished Community Member

I had been doing very little in the house this week because I felt really bad, but maid came in Tuesday and helped out and I did do a little.

Today I felt better, so I got out for several hours. I went to jewelry store and had a battery put in my watch, then I drove to a Babyrus store and bought my great niece a gift for her baby shower on December 3rd. I bought a diaper bag that she wanted and there was no box for it. I got through the counter to pay then I saw a table where you could wrap your gifts yourself, so I stood there and wrapped it as best I could. The table was high and no under leg or chair. Anyway, I then went to the grocery store and bought groceries. I came home and brought them in and put them away. Then I went to Whole Foods and bought 3 bottles of wine (I'll explain that) then to Panera where I bought supper and got home about 5:45. I left around 2:20 to 2:30. I was tired.

Okay, so about buying 3 bottles of wine. Last week I stopped in Whole Foods for something and passed some wine that was $2.99 a bottle. I have heard that some of that wine is good and I just decided that I would try some. It is Pino Grigio and the name of it is Three Wishes. Anyway, I liked it better than any I had been buying in the grocery store for much more. So while they have it I went back and got 3 bottles which should last about 3 weeks. I was glad they had put out some more. I wish they would keep it in stock all the time. I don't mind paying that much for a bottle of wine that I like.

So that was my day. I bought my niece a really nice diaper bag that she had on her register. It is a very pretty Laura Ashley, but was more expensive than I had wanted to pay. I have also ordered a book that Nuthatch recommended that I can write a note in. I wish I could find a picture that I have somewhere of the day that her Mother was born. I was at the hospital later that day and held her and there is a picture somewhere of that - if only I knew where.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Whew! You’ve been busy Virginia!

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Swam 1/4 mile plus 50 Yards today

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

BBS that wonderful!

Let me tell y'all about my day. I had a hair appointment at 3 this afternoon, and I also needed to pick up a prescription at Costco. So, I decided to leave home at two and give myself an hour to get to Costco, pick up prescription and get back close to my house for hair appointment. I do not go to Costco, other than to Pharmacy, due to the amount of walking in there. I thought Monday would be a slack day. Well, I got there and the parking lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. I couldn't just sit in car and wait for someone to get in their car and leave because I was afraid I would be late for hair appointment. I finally parked way away from door (well for me anyway). There were 18 car spaces between me and the door. After the 18 spaces I had to walk across a cross walk into Costco and thru the store to Pharmacy, then I had to go back out the same way. By the time I got back to my car I was feeling sick on my stomach, my legs were barely moving on the pavement. I then had to get car out of parking lot and get to hairdresser. I made it in time, but she asked if I wanted to make another appointment for another time because I looked like there was something wrong. I told her "no way" because I was already a week overdue. That was the most walking I have done in a long time. For most people it would be a hop, skip and a jump away, but it was a long walk for me. That was my exercise for today.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I understand this, Virginia. You did the impossible because it was necessary.

Take tomorrow off.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hear you, Virginia. Now I hope you can rest up for a while and get over that "challenge."
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Whoa Virginia. That was quite a hike. No way I would’ve done that. That’s exactly why I no longer go to big boxes, and try to do groceries in early morning. I skip it if there is nothing close to store.

You deserve a square of dark chocolate.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

does the coffee they like in NW give them MS?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does the coffee they like in NW give them MS?
    Unsure I follow you, can you say more?

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought clouds z was joking. Apparently Seattle or the entire Pacific NW has earned a reputation for drinking coffee in recent years--probably because of the many Starbucks places popping up all over.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast