2nd short form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd short form

I got the short form review last year, I filled it out sent it back and after 2months I got a letter stating they needed nothing further at this time. Today I got another short form cdr only after a year and was suppose to be reviewed after 5 years. I am listed as low on my profile. I am wondering if that has every happened to anyone else.

Thank you,
    Nancy

Originally posted by nancyrobenolt View Post
    I got the short form review last year, I filled it out sent it back and after 2months I got a letter stating they needed nothing further at this time. Today I got another short form cdr only after a year and was suppose to be reviewed after 5 years. I am listed as low on my profile. I am wondering if that has every happened to anyone else.

Thank you,
    Nancy
    In my experience Social Security makes mistakes. They probably mistakenly sent you the form too soon. If it's not too much of a nuisance, why not just fill it out and send it in? It might be easier than making the calls needed to find out who goofed up and why.

I never knew when one of those disability review forms was going to come my way. Just filled them out and sent them in, and figured that if they wanted to load down my file with still more paperwork, at least I'd have a nice fat file that wouldn't slip through any cracks.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're listed as low in your Profile though.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I sent it in friday, I will just wait and see. Thank you for responding to my question

Comment

Hello Nancy and agate!

I did a little sleuthing and found out what it means when you are "Low" profile.

Look at the top of the first page and you will see three rows of letters and numbers. On the second row, in the third field, you will see the letter “L” or “M” or “H”. That’s your profile code! It means low, medium, or high. The computer uses this code to help decide whether to send you a long form CDR.

Don’t worry. This code is not that important. It won’t change the decision that gets made. It is only used to decide which form to send you – short form or long form or both. If you are an H you are more likely to get a long form or both forms. If you are L or M you are more likely to get just the short form.
        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

This article also lists what the other codes mean on your update form.

Comment

I was a low 131. I wasit said every 3 years on the form. when I was given disability back to 2011 it said 5-7 year review. If you go back to the date they deemed me disabled my first review was 5 years. If it was when I got my first check it was over 3 years. This one was 20 months I looked at the last paper I had. Just seems weird!

Comment

I recall those disability reviews coming along at odd times, with no schedule as far as I could see. This was some years ago, and now they may be trying to do things more methodically.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X