Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychedelics and ADHD

-----

I’ve had ADHD since I was 7, and my parents have been saints in helping me cope with it. I’ve taken all kinds of meds (Ritalin, Focal In, Concerta), and I've had therapy forever. The medication pretty much works but it changes me so much. I didn't recognize myself. I’m very social, energetic and funny. But on the medication I would recognize situations where I’d normally respond in a certain way, but I didn’t. And it frustrated me so much. Anyway, I was not doing very well in school, until I took magic shrooms. My history grades changed from 3,4’s to 9,3’s and all my other grades raised at least one point. Eventually I almost graduated cum laude from high school, and I now study mathematics.

Tripping has created a certain calmness in my head. I’m a huge hesitator. I usually question everything (mostly about myself and how I come across) and I was always negative about myself. I always think everybody thinks I’m a bad/annoying person. My 4th trip was difficult. I completely re-experienced those feelings of being hated and feeling less worthy, but I talked with two good friends of mine who reassured me I was a good person and everything would be okay. Ever since then I realized that it was all in my head. So I moved (I had to for college) and started all over in a different city where I now realize I’m such a social bee. I still sometimes cope with the feelings, but I know they’ll go away in a while. I now take shrooms regularly because they cleanse my body of negativity and overthinking things and help me stay positive and concentrated. LSD has helped me realize who I am and what I need/what makes me happy, with an afterglow lasting at least 2,5 months. Tripping has helped me concentrate, learn and memorize better. I think without LSD and shrooms my (academic) future would have been so much smaller. It has also helped me overcome my uncertainty and (nearly depressed) negative overthinking. It’s just made me a happy and successful girl.

-Britt

-----

I had extreme difficulties concentrating during my first 2 years in academia, getting bad grades. After having a very deep experience when I was 20, with psilocybin mushrooms everything changed. I got my master cum laude now and still feel balanced and happier than ever. Without doubt these psychedelics played a major role in this process, but it must also be stressed that there are other factors at play as well. First, these concentration problems very mainly caused by a depression that haunted me for many years. The psychedelic experience resolved this depression - by seeing the roots of it - connected me with what what I LIKE and love in life, and thus resolved my concentration problems. Besides (very important), these changes all took place in a very supportive setting, with new friends, and an new exciting life.

-Manuela

-----

Regarding ADHD and LSD: I have an anomalous experience regarding curative effects of LSD on attention deficit disorder. The subject is my own experience. In the late 1960s I was failing academically, unable to focus or concentrate on the written word, and on mathematics. After a series of six LSD sessions, I had new motivation and I found I was able to read deeply and rapidly. Seven academic degrees later, I am reading in 5 languages. I went from a perpetually failing student to a ‘summa cum laude.’ My impulsivity was reduced and its energy seemed to be channeled into an academic and psycho-spiritual focus.

I know that the LSD experiences somehow either induced and/or supported a kind of “cure” of my attention deficit. It certainly boosted my academic potential, given what it was before any LSD experiences. I am wondering if there are others in this group who have had similar experiences. We now know the amazing creative influence and expansion of ‘intelligence’ that LSD and other psychedelics and entheogens have produced. With renewed interest in research into LSD and various medical and psychiatric disorders, I am wondering if anyone knows of specific literature on the effects of LSD on attention deficit disorder. It is a complex question, for LSD during and for usually a short time after can also make concentration difficult. But for me, somewhere in the space of 2 years and six sessions, I was cured of my ADD.

-Mikkal

-----

Let me start this off by saying the only mind altering substances I've done (besides my meds... I have ADHD) are LSD and mushrooms - no alcohol, weed, whatever. So I went into the first of those experiences having no clue what inebriation felt like. Luckily I had very experienced friends to help me through both trips, so my experiences were great.

The first trip (mushrooms) was one of the most profound experiences in my life. I remember sitting on the ground and my mind was QUIET! I could suddenly think without having thoughts race in and around my head and I was calm. I felt relaxed and I had the complete ability to focus on single things at a time and appreciate them without getting distracted. My body felt good and I felt good and happy with the world and my decisions.

Once I learned to control the visuals, LSD also quieted my mind. There was a long period of time where I was lying in my bed unable to speak, but able to have complete focus on the beautiful visuals. I'm on 70mg of vyvanse and I'm never able to have that much focus. Even though I had extensive babble sessions with friends, I didn't feel like I was having that scattered word vomit that I usually have when I'm off my meds.

For a month after taking mushrooms, my head was WAY clearer than normal. I felt like I didn't need to take my meds to effectively concentrate in school for the first week, and I lowered my dose for the next three. I got back on my normal dose once the month was done. My acid trip is (still) producing similar results. I feel clearer and far less fuzzy than normal. The effects have just about worn off, but it's been about a month, so that's expected...I guess?

I'm curious if anyone else with ADHD has felt similar results? I did a huge amount of research before I took both of these chemicals, but there is little information on how they effect those of us with ADHD. I would love to hear about other people's experiences, good or bad!

-sciencekitty

-----

I'm 36 now and I have since adopted regular LSD, Mushroom, DMT, and Ayauasca more recently and I’m a new man. I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 15. Since I opening my consciousness the first time I’ve lost 70lbs, I am starting my 5th company, and I've generated over 10,000 jobs with my start ups. I'm the happiest person I know, I make everybody around me better and I have success as a result. Thank the heavens for "the portals," as the indians call them….

-Sirmarksalot

-----

I have (had) ADHD. I didn't find out till my 20s. I took pharmaceutical amphetamines for a few years. Since the 2nd or 3rd time I drank ayahuasca I haven't taken any ADHD medicine(s). That was about 9 months ago. Now I feel better and less ADD'd out than when I was taking the pills. Aya fixed ADHD and anxiety for me. The difference has been noted by my employer. I've never been more efficient at work.

-BundleflowerPower

-----

LSD has helped me significantly; it alleviated my ADHD symptoms, and helped me get over my substance dependency issues over few low dose trips.

Psilocybin helped bring clarity, motivation in my life, love for nature, and helped purge out some negative emotions by crying.

Ayahuasca has been the most therapeutic; it allowed me to revisit very early childhood memories I'd completely forgotten about, which later helped my interactions with my family and friends. It also showed me why I was born, which helped give me a sense of direction, purpose in life.

-kurage

-----

I had ADHD before I took psychs. I don't have problems focusing any longer. I don't know if the psychs helped, or I just grew out of it (which is entirely possible too). What I do know is I feel so much more intelligent when I'm on CID. As for Shrooms... Well I feel like I'm not smarter, but with more compassion and commitment towards other's well being.

-FakePlasticSky

-----

I am a female college student with ADHD who had previously never taken any drug, so after doing extensive research on psilocybin and it's physiological/neurological/chemical effects I decided to take some. I was a bit nervous going into it, seeing as it was my first experience being inebriated in any sort of way, but the fact that I had gone camping with friends to a beautiful area and was with my boyfriend who has much experience with these sort of things, was able to calm me down.

Once the psilocybin kicked in, I have to say it was one of the most profound experiences in my life so far. I remember sitting on the ground and my mind was QUIET! I could suddenly think without having thoughts race in and around my head and I was calm. I felt relaxed and had the ability to focus on single things at a time and appreciate them without getting distracted. My body felt good and I felt good and happy with the world and my decisions. When the effects started to wear off, we all hiked back to our campsite and I was very pleased with my experience.

Yet, the lasting effects are what really struck me as exciting and wonderful. For a week after, I had little need to take my medication (I am on a very high dose too) and I felt like I was much happier with myself and my life. Since then, I resumed taking my meds to be able to focus in my classes and when I am working in my research lab. I have noticed that the crash at the end of the day is much much less of an issue and that I continue to feel not as ADHD-y on the weekends when I don't take my meds. I can't fully describe what exactly changed and how the experience helped my ADHD, but psilocybin is now a source of ongoing academic interest to me. I do strongly recommend not taking your medication the day you want to take the drug, and if possible, make sure you have a benzodiazepine with you just in case things start to go bad.

Overall, I saw only positive effects towards my ADHD after taking psilocybin and this is coming from someone with a very severe case of the condition. Hope this helped!

-snarkologist

-----

I had ADHD all through childhood. I was just somebody always always always thinking. That to me is ADHD. All through middle school and some of high school I was always getting
    sent to the principal because I just couldn't sit still. Seriously, if I didn't get sent to the office going to school everyday...it was a miracle and my parents were so thankful. I couldn't control myself.

I couldn't ever shut off my mind...it was hard for me to find a sense of peace because I always viewed myself as 'never good enough' and had to always learn more and do more. First time I ever even heard of mushrooms (which was from Harold and Kumar) my obsession started immediately. Months later I had a small grow going on in my closet, I took my bike to all these different places to get all my supplies and had a few poor man terrariums and a shotgun terrarium too.

That first trip enabled me to see all these thoughts and realize my position in the world...just sitting outside for hours that day was the most blissful feeling ever because I just felt so connected to my true self. Something I needed so badly. To this day I use all sorts of psychedelics to deal with this "ADHD". It's actually what made me quit taking adderall and gave me something to center me for some time and look forward to every/every other week. Mushrooms truly are a beautiful thing...and definitely only for selected individuals... people who I believe are real thinkers. Pretty sure I read online somewhere there is a correlation between high IQ and people who use psychedelics.

-Jvells

-----

I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2002. I was taking psychiatric stimulant medication for a year or so. And then one day I journeyed with psilocybin mushrooms. I was so intrigued by my lapse in attentional problems that I stopped my medication, and journeyed with a psychedelic once or twice a year since then (mostly mushrooms, cannabis, but LSD once, and DMT and Mescaline this coming march). No relapses of attentional difficulties.

-Jason

-----

For about a month, I stopped taking my ADHD medication and started microdosing LSD. It helped me think differently. Everything was coated in a thin layer of significance. Then I went back o my ADHD meds. I compared my scores on my tests between the two months. They were about the same. But, honestly, I liked the LSD better. It didn't have as many nasty side effects.

-Matt

-----

ADHD is commonly treated with stimulants. Non-stimulant medications are available, however, they are less commonly prescribed. Stimulants and non-stimulants present side effects such as nausea, headaches, dizziness, dry mouth, moodiness, trouble sleeping and loss of appetite. Medications may cause underlying tics from childhood to resurface. Potential side effects such as these should raise questions on whether or not the risks associated with treating ADHD is worth the benefit.

Stimulant medications can be separated into two categories; methylphenidate-based medications such as Ritalin, Methylin, Concerta and Daytrana Patches, and dextroamphetamine-based medications such as Adderall, Vyvanse and Dexedrine. They work by increasing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. It is difficult to judge the exact dose from person to person due to biological differences.

If the prescribed dose is too high, these chemicals reach levels that cause the brain to stress. This can result in negative side-effects including problems such as sleeping, eating issues, delayed growth and cardiac risks. The combination of multiple negative side effects can lead to depression and can actually worsen the symptoms of ADHD.

The actual labeling of a patient with a mental disorder can have negative health effects also. Telling an individual that they have a disorder that interferes with their life creates a stigma in their own mind and in the minds of their peers, which can lead to depression, in turn worsening the symptoms of ADHD.

Therefore, alternative treatment methods must be explored. Psychedelic substances such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), also known as acid, have been shown to treat symptoms of ADHD when consumed in microdoses. A microdose is calculated as half of the absolute threshold for psychoactivity. This means the amount of LSD consumed at a microdose does not cause any of the effects associated with recreational use.

Other psychedelics of the tryptamine group, such as psilocybin, also known as magic mushrooms, have been shown to treat symptoms of ADHD when consumed in microdoses. Also, sufferers of depression and anxiety have shown positive results when treated with psychedelic substances. Due to the limited ability to research these illegal substances, however, it is difficult to determine if they are viable substitutes to current medications.

Currently, LSD and psilocybin are labeled as Schedule I substances according to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). Criteria for Schedule I substances include the substance having no accepted medical use in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision. The laws surrounding these substances must be reconsidered in order to further explore the medical benefits they provide.

Researchers have been unable to conduct experiments within the confines of a laboratory and have been forced to rely on the testimony of assigned subjects. Subjects are given instructions on how to properly microdose the substances and log the effects they observe in journals. Subjects report an increased ability to focus, increased productivity and energy boosts.

Psychedelics researcher Dr. James Fadiman reports, “People do it and they’re eating better, sleeping better, they’re often returning to exercise or yoga or meditation,” in reference to microdosing psychedelics.

These benefits show that psilocybin and LSD need to be considered for legalization for medical research. If medical research shows that these are alternative treatments, patients will receive relief from the possibility negative side effects of today’s ADHD medications.

-Logan Pearce

-----

I took Iboga at a center in Costa Rica with a traditional Bwiti Shaman. I went on two treatments over a week's period and it cured me of my depression and reduced my ADD to about 50% of what it was. My mind has seemed permanently clear and my fatigue is also gone since I took it several months ago. An amazing and relatively unknown treatment I recommend above all else!

-anon

-----

Microdosing and ADHD

The high pressure startup culture of the Bay Area leads many participants to view their bodies and brains as machines to be optimised using all of the tools available – meditation, yoga, Soylent, intermittent fasting, so-called “smart drugs” (including off-label ADHD and narcolepsy meds), microdosed psychedelics and legal nootropics.

The trend for using “smart drugs” can be traced back to schools, where Ritalin and Adderall prescriptions are rife, explains Anjan Chatterjee, a professor of neurology at the University of Pennsylvania. Children even at preschool age find themselves in competitive environments with dense schedules of study, tutoring, music lessons and sport.

Those who aren’t already prescribed ADHD medication can buy it easily; a series of surveys suggest that around 20 per cent of US college students have abused prescription stimulants. It’s something Lily, who has been prescribed ADHD medication since she was six, can relate to. At university she would share her prescription with friends seeking help focusing on assignments – something that she continued when she entered the working world. “It’s what fuels not just the tech community but any millennial trying to work really hard and make it,” she says.

At the start of her career working in a tech startup, she found Adderall useful. “It helped me launch a company. We went from three cities to over 30 in six months. I felt like a rockstar but I was being an *******,” she says. Lily started to research microdosing psychedelics after experiencing unpleasant side effects from the amphetamine-based drug. “My heart would be racing when I took it, and when I didn’t I’d experience withdrawal and feel really dumb – like my brain was slowing down.”

Even though magic mushrooms and LSD are illegal in many countries, Lily views them as safer than her legal meds. Not only are the doses small and infrequent, she has found no evidence that psychedelics are physically addictive. “I don’t think we’re going to find out that microdosing ****s up your liver,” she says.

Lily still takes her ADHD medication, but microdosing magic mushrooms has allowed her to substantially reduce her dose. “In a perfect world I don’t want to take Adderall at all,” she says.

-Tyler Durden

-----

1P-LSD vs Adderall

I am diagnosed with adult ADHD (the inattentive type). I am a college professor and had often been called "scatter-brained" or the "absent-minded professor". I have been on 20mg XR Adderall for about 1.5yrs. At times the effects diminish, yet I don't want to increase the dose. Instead, I will take days off or have 1/2 dose days. I have no other "serious" issues like bipolar or depression.

After reading this thread and others related to the therapeutic value of a microdose for ADD, I decided to give it a try. I have now tried it 5 times and think I have a general sense of its pros and cons. Overall I think there are pros and cons for 1P-LSD vs Adderall related to ADD and I plan on using both for different reasons.

1P-LSD advantages:

To my surprise, the microdose gave me increased energy and motivation that rivaled Adderall. As well, the microdose gave me focus and clarity, yet in a very different way than Adderall.

With the microdose, I was able to relate and organize things very well. For example, when I was making out my "To-do" list, I noticed how the list was scattered and I jump around doing unrelated tasks. It was so obvious that I could chunk together related tasks and budget time blocks to make things easier, more fun and efficient. I know this is probably "Time Management 101", yet with my scattered brain, I never saw this (even with Adderall).

I often avoid small tasks until I'm pressed on a deadline or the task is no longer relevant. On 1P-LSD these tasks seemed quite simple and easy (e.g. sending off a quick email to a colleague to promote a collaborative project, ordering a few reagents to get things moving forward in my lab, asking IT to install some software on a computer etc). As well as following up on these things.

An increase of inter-relatedness and creativity. Preparing class lessons is often engaging for me and it was lots of fun microdosing. It was more obvious how various concepts in the course inter-relate and where students were having difficulties. I created a fun mnemonic story to explain frog embryogenesis (including characters like "Debbie Disheveled", "The Mad Scientist" and "Boney Men Psychedelic"). It had a mostly positive student review. There was student engagement, laughter and one student asked in amazement "Where did you find all those photos? They are perfect for the story".

An increase in social engagement and empathy (also a negative at times). Quite often, I feel busy and students can seem like a hindrance. Sometimes advising is just about going through the motions to get schedules set as fast as possible and move on. Yet, on a microdose, I had music in the background, students became interesting, and I notice their image, their vibe. We talked about their extracurricular activities. I learned one of my advisees is bilingual and we spoke 30min in Spanish (I am learning Spanish). We had fun and were both smiling. I was more "in tune" with the needs of my students.

My normal procrastination escapes like playing Pokemon or reading political blogs are not as appealing.

1P-LSD disadvantages:

My ability to focus and analyze a single task was compromised. I had difficulty doing math and figuring out dilutions and molarity. I had difficulty reading primary literature, analyzing data and figuring out results. 1P-LSD was great for seeing the "big picture" and inter-relating things that I already knew and expressing those ideas. It sucked for a focused analysis.

The increased empathy included some distracting insights. I felt more "in tune" with others, yet not always in a way that is good for social interactions.

The set and setting is important for microdosing. On a busy day that included lots of structured tasks and grunt work that I wasn't into, I just became more irritable.

Some of those creative ideas while microdosing seem a bit silly later on.

Cumulative tolerance builds quick. After the above two weeks, I had to take a ridiculous amount of ETH-LAD + AL-LAD for a recreational effect.

Adderall pros: Adderall is better than 1P-LSD for sustained focus on a single task, especially if it is new, complicated material I am analyzing. I can tune out other distractions. Grunt work was worse with 1P-LSD and not so bad with Adderall. Adderall also gives me a considerable energy and motivation boost.

Adderall cons: After MDing, I realized there is much less color in life with Adderall. Often, I have no background music on. I have less of a desire to interact with others, to be outside, to appreciate life. It's almost like I am a machine doing whatever task is in front of me. With 1P-LSD, it was like I was doing what I wanted to do. With Adderall, it's easy to focus on whatever is in front of me - even if it is not important (like spending over an hour writing this essay). I've also realized that Adderall doesn't help my disorganization. On 1P-LSD it was so obvious how my disorganized office effects other areas of my life (wasting time looking for things, my office is not a great atmosphere for students to enter etc. I actually started organizing my office microdosing). Yet, with Adderall, I can enter my office, sit down at my desk and push piles of junk aside and focus on a computer task for hours - totally unbothered by a disorganized environment.

For me, there are pros and cons with both 1P-LSD microdosing and Adderall. I am structuring my days to get the maximum benefit of each. 1P-LSD is much better for days where I have more open/flexible hours with tasks that involve integrating ideas, creativity and some social interactions. Adderall is better for sustained machine-like sustained focus on specific tasks (including complicated tasks) and busy days with little flexible time. Ideally, I hope to create a weekly schedule of 2 days 1P-LSD and 3 days Adderall (and maybe a day of Modafinil).

-serotoninluv

-----

Having ADHD myself I've tried microdosing LSD and it works wonders! I feel like it's what I've always been looking for.

-standinghampton

-----

I was diagnosed with ADHD. I spent a month microdosing LSD. It was one of the happiest and most productive months I've ever had. Good luck!

-dakobah

-----

I have ADHD. I found mushrooms to be more foggy-headed and sedating, definitely not helpful. I have, however microdosed LSD many times and it works well.
    It gives you a natural-feeling energy for 6-8 or hours and can increase focus and both creative and analytical thought.

-FreeManBeat

-----

I actually use microdoses of LSD (10-15ug) to treat my ADHD. It acts in a very similar way to Vyvanse or Adderall, without the side effects. It works wonders for me.

-cmg

-----

I've got ADD and I'm prescribed a stimulant, but I prefer microdosing LSD. It feels cleaner and more natural, and I don't feel drugged on it like with stimulants. And often
    I can be crazy productive when I take it. In small doses it's pretty much the perfect drug for me.

-YeahButThatsNothing
    Last edited by Sherman Peabody; 09-23-2017, 11:44 PM.

ADHD is commonly treated with stimulants. Non-stimulant medications are available, however, they are less commonly prescribed. Stimulants and non-stimulants present side effects such as nausea, headaches, dizziness, dry mouth, moodiness, trouble sleeping and loss of appetite. Medications may cause underlying tics from childhood to resurface. Potential side effects such as these should raise questions on whether or not the risks associated with treating ADHD is worth the benefit.

Stimulant medications can be separated into two categories; methylphenidate-based medications such as Ritalin, Methylin, Concerta and Daytrana Patches, and dextroamphetamine-based medications such as Adderall, Vyvanse and Dexedrine. They work by increasing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. It is difficult to judge the exact dose from person to person due to biological differences.

If the prescribed dose is too high, these chemicals reach levels that cause the brain to stress. This can result in negative side-effects including problems such as sleeping, eating issues, delayed growth and cardiac risks. The combination of multiple negative side effects can lead to depression and can actually worsen the symptoms of ADHD.

The actual labeling of a patient with a mental disorder can have negative health effects also. Telling an individual that they have a disorder that interferes with their life creates a stigma in their own mind and in the minds of their peers, which can lead to depression, in turn worsening the symptoms of ADHD.

Therefore, alternative treatment methods must be explored. Psychedelic substances such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), also known as acid, have been shown to treat symptoms of ADHD when consumed in microdoses. A microdose is calculated as half of the absolute threshold for psychoactivity. This means the amount of LSD consumed at a microdose does not cause any of the effects associated with recreational use.

Other psychedelics of the tryptamine group, such as psilocybin, also known as magic mushrooms, have been shown to treat symptoms of ADHD when consumed in microdoses. Also, sufferers of depression and anxiety have shown positive results when treated with psychedelic substances. Due to the limited ability to research these illegal substances, however, it is difficult to determine if they are viable substitutes to current medications.

Currently, LSD and psilocybin are labeled as Schedule I substances according to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). Criteria for Schedule I substances include the substance having no accepted medical use in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision. The laws surrounding these substances must be reconsidered in order to further explore the medical benefits they provide.

Researchers have been unable to conduct experiments within the confines of a laboratory and have been forced to rely on the testimony of assigned subjects. Subjects are given instructions on how to properly microdose the substances and log the effects they observe in journals. Subjects report an increased ability to focus, increased productivity and energy boosts.

Psychedelics researcher Dr. James Fadiman reports, “People do it and they’re eating better, sleeping better, they’re often returning to exercise or yoga or meditation,” in reference to microdosing psychedelics.

These benefits show that psilocybin and LSD need to be considered for legalization for medical research. If medical research shows that these are alternative treatments, patients will receive relief from the possibility negative side effects of today’s ADHD medications.

-Logan Pearce

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

-----

I’ve been experimenting with microdosing psychedelics for about 2 years. It has been one of the more important personal growth and mental health practices I have had on hand in that time. This video shares my perspectives and experiences between magic mushrooms (psilocybin) and LSD and the differences in what they have offered me, including my comparison of microdosing LSD to Adderall and Modafinil for ADHD and ADD.

-James Jesso

-----

Microdosing 1P-LSD - a surprising ADHD fix

1P-LSD, a close chemical cousin to LSD-25 and ALD-52, promises to be a very potent ADHD remedy. Daily intake of miniscule amounts can alleviate the full spectrum of core symptoms, i.e. inattentivity, impulsivity, irritability, depression, craving and procrastination. My dosage is about 6mcg, or 1/16th* of a 100 microgram tab, each morning. When prolonged attention is of the essence, a second dose of 6mcg can be taken about 8 hours after the initial one.

Because of a distinctive tolerance effect, it might be preferable to reduce the very first dose by half. This can avoid a somewhat awkward feeling on the first day. Psychedelic microdosing is very cost-effective. At the aforementioned measurement, two 100mcg 1P-LSD tabs (at about 1 EUR each) last roughly a month, totaling in an annual cost of approximately 25 EUR.

I had been trying out magic mushrooms (or rather magic truffles) with...`interesting' results. But they are of tremendously repellent taste, and the reliable occurrence of nausea makes them unfit for daily utilisation. It was only then that I found out about 1P-LSD, a novel lysergamide that had entered the market only this very year and, being not yet statutory regulated, was being sold legally across Europe (and in some countries, still is). After reading up on it, I came to the conclusion that, judging by the majority of reports out on the interwebs, its biochemical response was indiscernible from that of its famous twin, LSD-25 (cf. ALD-52 hydrolysis). Excitedly, I ordered a sample from a research alchemist, and hence, few days later, I received mail.

A period of experimentation followed, and I had some profound experiences with this substance. But my original purpose was to investigate the merits of microdosing for its antidepressant effects - and I was positively shocked about it. While it did support me through the valley of suffering - the real revelation was the unexpected attenuation of my ADHD symptoms. Not only was I able to focus much better, both at work and university. Mood swings and impulsive behaviour basically vanished. During conversations, it has become easy for me to subdue my urge to interrupt, instead patiently listening to the other person and replying in a concise and considerate manner.

Overall, interpersonal relations are more positive and inspirational, and my slight social anxiety has disappeared. The scourge of procrastination, relentless destroyer of dreams and aspirations, has become a lot more manageable. I find myself able to eat *just one* bloody cookie, and taking the right decision at the right time much more frequently than ever before. I (nearly) stopped showing up late to class, work and appointments, and I haven't missed a single transportation link since starting daily microdosing. What's more, a confident calmness and vivid appreciation of life and all living beings penetrates my consciousness, allowing me to more positively handle difficult people and cope with disappointments and woes. What a life-changer these little tinctured squares of cardboard are! I wish I would have met you much earlier in life, my dear companion Delysid. The future is once again much more attractive.

-eMPee584

-----

The only thing that really seems to work for me: psychedelics

I've been prescribed adderall. It gave me energy, it gave me focus. It became easier to respond to external requirements. I'd get that paper done, I'd do the extra work. But boring routine activities were just as boring. Socially, I would become more talkative, more prone to getting caught up in unexpectedly long conversation, but still ineffective at achieving my social goals.

I've taken the occasional xanax, I've used phenibut, I tried kava kava once, and of course I've consumed alcohol. All those substances had slightly different effects, but none of them would really ring a bell with me. Essentially, they lowered my inhibitions to the point where I could act toward strangers more like how I would act toward my friends. So maybe I'd feel less awkward about the conversation drifting off, long silences, and self-disclosure, and I'd approach people more readily as I would with friends. Still, something is missing.

I don't really know what the best label for my 'condition' is. The disorganization, chronic tardiness, underachievement and difficulty following instructions might suggest ADHD. The oversleeping, indecision, feeling that life is mostly boring and bland, and lack of strong emotions might suggest depression. The awkward presentation, inconsistent eye contact, not having anything to say and a proven difficulty in making human connection might suggest anxiety. But for me, personally, there seems to only be one problem: lack of feeling of purpose, structure, meaning.

That something can be temporarily fixed by any psychedelic. 25-I, LSD, DMT, shrooms, LSA. It's not perfect. Especially when I took a plant form rather than a purified form. I would sometimes end up with nausea, stomach pain, mouth dryness or vasoconstriction. I also don't get the amphetamine level of motivation. I would not persist at something unpleasant for as long as I would on adderall and it would not be easy for me to focus on something like a paper for 2 hours straight. The improvement I experience is unlike what any other class of substance provides, but happens to be the most valuable one for me.

Essentially, when I take a psychedelic, life just "makes sense" for a few hours. Not in a spiritual way. I don't talk to god. I don't contemplate how "everything is a fractal". It just becomes clear what to do next. If I go to a party having ingested a moderate amount of psychedelic, I won't be at my smoothest. Better than 'sober' because I will at least have things to say and I'll make good eye contact, but experience shows that I come across as nervous and eccentric to others on psychedelics. Still, it's a small price to pay for what I get. I can finally think about what I am doing in real time.

Even academically psychedelics help. Finally, there is a sense of 'good enough'. It becomes possible to write an essay that is 'good enough' by my own judgment. Not that I have an inferiority complex about my writing, but my work always feels incomplete even if my thoughts seem complete. With psychedelics, there is finally a sense of "hey, you know the question asked, you know you are confident in your answer, you know your essay communicates your answer, therefore you should be confident that your essay is complete". It's that third step, (feeling that my essay is a pretty good reflection of what I think) that only works for me when I take psychedelics.

But this is an everyday problem. Psychedelics are a legally risky and inconsistent solution to the problem. Unfortunately, relief is limited to the 4-12 hours that a psychedelic might last. I might feel great the next day, but I'd be mostly back to my former capabilities. So with tolerance to take into account, I can only feel in full control of my life 15% of the time. Is there a nootropic stack that can get me there on a more consistent basis? I'm not one to think that psychedelics are magical substances created by aliens to enlighten humanity. They are chemicals like everything else. I don't feel like I really need to intensely enjoy music or feel pleasant vibrations in my whole body. I just want that feeling of purpose and agency.

It seems their main activity is on 5HT2A receptors. What does this mean? How can a 5HT2A agonist do for me what months of hard work, adderall, and good advice cannot? No nootropic that I've tried has been able to do this for me on its own. Not piracetam, not phenylpiracetam (thought it did make the world feel more real!), not L-theanine, not PRL-8-53.

-burnlife

-----

Treating ADHD with psychedelics

By Ben Parker Karris

Jacob is off his medications. This is intentional, though he admits he stumbled into it accidentally.

He tells me he recently began treating his depression, anxiety and ADHD with psychedelics in lieu of the pharmaceutical medications he was prescribed. Basically, he's been replacing his daily intake of antipsychotics and amphetamines with weekly doses of psilocybin mushrooms. And he’s never felt better.

“I was prescribed antipsychotics such as Klonopin for the depression; Xanax for the anxiety and amphetamines like Adderall or Ritalin for the ADHD,” Jacob says. “I was told I would have to take these pills for the rest of my life.”

The pill diet seems to be the story for many people suffering from depression or ADHD. And it helps. In thousands of cases, medications have improved the lives of the people taking them.

Not for Jacob. Which is what led to an unplanned experiment in self-medication.

“I felt like my artistic identity was dwindling, and that I was chasing my own tail, or just trying to recreate work on the same level that I had been making it previously,” Jacob tells me.

“I wanted to try psychedelics to 'spur my creativity,' so to speak. After I started eating mushrooms, I began to notice a sense of clarity that I hadn’t felt in ages, even after I came down from the trip."

A few days after his first psychedelic experience, Jacob realized he hadn’t been taking, or even feeling the need to take his medication. This unexpected sense of well-being was a welcome
    side effect to his renewed artistic focus.

“At first, I didn’t tell my psychiatrist that I was taking mushrooms until I had more information, but I did want him close by," Jacob says. "I’ve tried to go off my medications before this and would always end up ‘going crazy’ again within a few months. When I did end up telling him, he was intrigued. But of course, these are illegal drugs; so he had zero experience in this form of treatment.”

When I visit Jacob a few months later, Los Angeles is cooling down and his psychedelic trips are less frequent. He isn’t taking his medications either.

Jacob knows he hasn't cured himself of his diagnoses, but he feels a hell of a lot better than he once did. And it shows.

"I’m not filling my prescriptions anymore. I don’t even drink. I have a baby on the way, and I’ve never been happier or felt more level headed.”

-----

Microdosing for ADHD

I highly recommend microdosing psilocybin for ADHD. I've taken it 3 times before work, multiple times in my free time or before making music and before taking photos. I love it. I feel so passionate and emotional and present. It just makes me much more present and focused on what's at hand. I also feel like it's an anti-depressant.

-raresnakes

Last edited by Sherman Peabody; 10-08-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I've taken many different drugs for ADHD, and not one of them has come close to LSD

I was diagnosed with ADHD and a generalized anxiety disorder. Doctors said I was very bright, but I would need to learn to apply myself. My psychological tests showed that I had above average intellect. I found it very hard to stay motivated in school, especially with subjects that didn't interest me or challenge me enough, and this would lead me to score low in and even fail many of my classes. I believe this was partially due to my ADHD, but also partially due to my using cannabis.

I was becoming more ok with the idea of failure, and instead of focusing on improving my life, getting high became one of my top priorities. I would actually lie to myself a lot, and trick myself into thinking that I hadn't developed an addiction, and that smoking wasn't a problem in my life. I knew deep down that smoking regularly was not beneficial in my life, but a sort of cognitive dissonance per se, was fueled by my psychological addiction, and led me to find ways to justify my escapism.

~9:20 PM: I dropped 200ug of LSD. My setting was in my own upstairs bedroom at night. It was raining outside and somewhat cold.

~9:50 PM: I begun noticing changes in my visual perception. Colors were brighter and the walls were slightly breathing and warping. Slight thought acceleration.

~10:20 PM: I felt a strong euphoria begin to pulse through my body. I can only describe it as the most peaceful sensation washing over my tactile senses. The visuals were really kicking in. I can definitely say that this was one of my most visual trips. I began seeing closed eye visuals when I focused. Everything had a very surreal, sort of bright look to it. The tracers were quite strong at this point. I would move my hand in front of my face and see it trail for about a foot behind, like lagging frames in a video game.

~11:00 PM: The thought acceleration was really taking over at this point. I went over to my window to smoke 2 bowls (0.3g) of some high quality cannabis. This completely changed my trip.
      I began to feel my ego split and become a part of my surroundings. I commonly experience this on lower doses of LSD, especially when combined with cannabis. I have never experienced ego death or came even close to it, but I do experience a decent amount of ego suppression and bias suppression during most of my trips. After smoking cannabis I laid down on my bed facing up, with my eyes closed.

~11:30: I was really starting to catapult head on into the peak of my trip. I was a little bit scared, but I reminded myself that this trip was going to make me better, even if I had to confront some of my demons, and believe me, I did. I was listening to music at this point (Tame Impala, Blockhead, Boards of Canada, Pink Floyd). The music was adding so much to the intensity of the trip, and it was really making the visuals.

~12:00 AM: The CEVS were insane at this point. I experienced really good CEVS from this trip. I felt like my brain was lighting up and my neurons were firing together with the music. It was extremely euphoric and uplifting. A lot of negative demons were confronting me at the same time. I became very introspective, definitely more introspective than I have been during my other trips, partially due to the fact that I was alone, and I think also because it was night. I felt like all of these demons I had been packing away and covering up were just pouring out all over me, and it felt so uncomfortable yet so relieving at the same time.

I faced the fact that I was abusing cannabis and I needed to make some changes. I also need to figure out a way to finish school, or at least get my GED. I faced the fact that I was going to have to grow up and be a man. I could no longer run away from my problems and cover them with a cannabis smoke veil. I needed to stand up and take control of my life, instead of letting it control me. I believe LSD has amazing addiction suppression qualities, and this was actually one of the reasons I originally wanted to trip again. At around this time during the trip, and continuing up until now, I haven't felt the slightest craving to smoke cannabis, or use any other drugs or forms of unhealthy escapism.

LSD has taught me that instead of escaping my life, I need to embrace it. I will constantly be stuck in cycles of addiction and temporary happiness if I don't learn to have self control and impulse control. Permanent happiness comes from the achievement of ones values, and the fulfillment of our goals, not from a hit off your bowl, or a drunken night at a party.

I think the addiction suppression qualities of LSD come from its amazing potential to cause you to care more about your life. I was in a very dark place where the death of my friend and my substance abuse were eating me alive, and this trip really helped me face these problems and overcome them instead of running away from them.

Like I said, it was definitely not one of my most comfortable trips, but it was one of my best trips for sure. I learned so much during these few hours, there are no words to describe the things I saw and the revelations I had.

~12:40 AM: At this point I'm just about getting over the hump of the trip. I am plateauing, and on the verge of coming down. The visuals are still very strong, and I'm still introspecting a lot.

~1:30 AM: I am definitely coming down now. I feel as if I came down a lot faster from this trip than I have from a lot of my previous trips. The peak only lasted about an hour or so, and after that, the intensity was much easier to handle. My thoughts were beginning to decelerate again, and my ego was taking form. I begun trying to understand what I had just experienced.

~2:30 AM: At this point I felt like I was already starting to integrate this trip into my life. I had recollected a lot of my revelations and thought about how I could apply them to my life. I kept on coming down, introspecting, and texting my friends about what I had experienced. At this point I decided to turn my music off so I could think more linearly and clearly. Music is great on Lucy, but I think it can definitely be overdone. I enjoyed the silence of my room and of a quiet house. I enjoyed not needing to listen to or watch anything to be entertained. My own thoughts and introspection were enough to keep my mind occupied. I felt extremely at peace with myself and the world.

~4:00 AM: At this point I've mostly come down. The visuals are about gone by this point but I'm still experiencing a significant psychedelic headspace. I began researching some of the revelations I had, finding others who had similar experiences. I thought a lot about the dualistic nature of the world we live in. I think many people struggle to find balance in their lives, and LSD works to sort of balance you mentally. We struggle in this world with dualism. Constant struggling polar opposites – subjectivity vs. objectivity, life vs. death, love vs. hate, peace vs. war, rich vs. poor, escaping vs. embracing. I think many peoples depression stems from imbalances in their life, and LSD allows you to see that their is another side to the coin, to all of your personal biases. The walls of opinions and psychological filters I have built up over years crumbled right in front of me, and I was able to be more honest with myself and open minded about many things. I stopped lying to myself about a lot of problems I was facing, and instead of pushing them away, I began embracing them.

~7:00 AM: I had just about completely come down at this point. I was very tired and mentally overwhelmed by what I had just experienced, and my head felt a little foggy. I drifted off to sleep over the course of about 30 minutes of tossing and turning. I slept good.

The Next Day: I awoke at about 12:30 PM and got out of bed, and all I can say is wow. LSD is amazing. I believe that this substance has truly changed my life. Since I woke up today, I feel little or none of the general anxiety that I normally experience almost every day. My depression has subsided to an extremely noticeable degree. My cravings to smoke have completely gone away, 100%. I still smoked today, but not because I felt the need to, but for once because I simply wanted to smoke out of curiosity and boredom. I thought it would be fun, and it was. I don't feel like smoking is a part of me anymore, I feel like I can occasionally use it as a tool for relaxation and intellectual expansion, but I don't need to use it to escape my life anymore.

I don't plan on purchasing any more weed for a while now, I have better things to focus on. I learned to love myself for the first time in a while, and I feel like less of an apathetic ****head. I feel alive. I feel emotions coursing through my veins for the first time in what feels like ages. I feel so motivated. I want to go down a path of self betterment and stop destroying myself. My depression was causing me to go down a very self destructive path, and LSD smacked me in the ****ing face and taught me that my life is precious, and that all lives are precious, and you should treat your body and mind with respect.

Conclusion: I learned a lot about myself during this trip. I learned that things are not so black and white, and I was using cannabis and other drugs for all the wrong reasons. I learned that I was denying myself of love, and I learned to love myself and accept my flaws and insecurities instead of running away from them. I learned that I was unhealthily obsessing over many aspects of my life, and I needed to let go of some things, and be more tolerant.

LSD is the most amazing substance. It may not be for everyone, but I think it should at the least be regulated and available therapeutically. I've taken many different drugs for ADHD and depression/anxiety throughout my life, and not one of them has come close to LSD in terms of making my symptoms subside, and helping me improve myself.

-Nick

Comment

Before taking iboga, I wasn’t addicted to any drugs, but I did have my share of compulsions. I also have ADHD, experienced partly as a constant excess chatter in my mind combined with a vague anxiety and restlessness, and to calm this I’ve self medicated many times with alcohol and cannabis. After taking iboga, I had absolutely no desire to drink alcohol or smoke. On Monday I had dinner with a friend and she wanted a beer, so I got one too, but could only bring myself to drink half of it. It absolutely did not interest me, and still does not, nor does cannabis. The most surprising thing is that my ADHD seems to have significantly improved. I was not expecting that, and maybe it won’t last, but after a week the excess chatter and restlessness are still far less than they were before my trip. My focus is enormously better, and I’ve had an unusually productive several days. Could iboga be a treatment for ADHD? This truly is an amazing medicine…

-Michael Vipperman

-----

In 1976, Albert Hofmann considered microdoses of LSD (10-25 micrograms) to be a great euphoriant and antidepressant and believed it could have also replaced drugs like Ritalin, a toxic and highly addictive amphetamine derivative used to treat ADHD. His positive presumptions seem to come true, for many people microdosing on LSD nowadays report that it helps them to improve the quality of their lives by giving them more energy, emotional clarity and enhanced creativity. Being both a stimulant and calming agent in low doses, LSD balances body and soul.

-The Lucid Movement

-----

Microdosing LSD for ADHD

By Patrick Smith

A smartly dressed, relaxed-looking man greeted me on the other end of the Skype call, in Seattle’s early morning. I apologized for calling him so early. “Not a problem,” he replied cheerfully. “I’m usually up around this time for work.”

I don’t know what I was expecting from someone with adult ADHD, but Mike didn’t stick to any stereotypes. Although anyone who has turned to psychedelics for self-improvement is unlikely to be much of a conformist.

Mike, a Territory Manager for a building materials manufacturer, had reached out to me in the hopes of spreading his message: “I have a lot to say about how microdosing helps combat the negative effects of living with adult ADHD.”

Over our video call, Mike described how taking a tiny dose of psychedelics every other day helps his work performance, enriches his daily life, and has, remarkably, helped him quit his ADHD medication.

Mike was diagnosed with ADHD at only 7 years old: “I remember being told that I had ADHD very vividly; sitting on my bed in my childhood home as my mom broke the news.” He describes
        his ADHD symptoms as “A mix of impulsivity with lack of mindfulness. An inability to focus on one thought… it can be very difficult to do anything.”

He was immediately prescribed Ritalin and remained on medication until he was 16. It was when a friend described how he “lost his personality” every time he took Concerta that he decided to leave the medication behind. Ultimately, he preferred his ADHD symptoms over being an identity-free zombie.

Mike found himself back on medication at 22 after struggling to find focus at college. After several years of switching between Adderall and Vyvanse, he ran into problems. “That was when my tolerance went through the roof. I briefly decided to attain a second script because I thought I needed more amphetamines.”

It was at this crisis point that Mike found himself at the Golden Gate Park, taking 110ug of LSD, with a group of close friends. It was an experience that changed his life. “I have a firm belief that my first dose of LSD cured me of the hyperactivity of ADHD. In some way it allowed me to take control of my uncontrollable symptoms."

“I noticed that I had so much more control over myself, my thoughts, my physicality, my movements, my emotions, everything was slowed down and kept my focus. I was able to follow a single thought for much longer. With ADHD I could hardly stay with one thought, let alone finish it out and reflect on it later. This was what I was able to do throughout the entire trip.”

Having experienced a clear perspective on his ADHD for the first time, Mike decided he wanted to make the most of the benefits LSD gave him. He began microdosing, taking less than a tenth
        of the Golden Gate Park dose, allowing him to reconnect to the feelings of focus and calm he experienced then:

"I have been microdosing since November 2016. Most of the time I am microdosing 8-10ug every other day. It works for me, and I never feel faded, tired or worn out."

-----

Having ADHD myself I've tried microdosing LSD and it works wonders! I feel like it's what I've always been looking for.

-standinghampton

-----

I was diagnosed with ADHD. I spent a month microdosing LSD. It was one of the happiest and most productive months I've ever had. Good luck!

-dakobah

-----

I have ADHD. I found mushrooms to be more foggy-headed and sedating, definitely not helpful. I have, however microdosed LSD many times and it works well.
        It gives you a natural-feeling energy for 6-8 or hours and can increase focus and both creative and analytical thought.

-FreeManBeat (Reddit)

-----

I actually use microdoses of LSD (10-15ug) to treat my ADHD. It acts in a very similar way to Vyvanse or Adderall, without the side effects. It works wonders for me.

-cmg (Reddit)

-----

I've got ADD and I'm prescribed a stimulant, but I prefer microdosing LSD. It feels cleaner and more natural, and I don't feel drugged on it like with stimulants. And often
        I can be crazy productive when I take it. In small doses it's pretty much the perfect drug for me.

-YeahButThatsNothing (Reddit)

-----

I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2002. I was taking psychiatric stimulant medication for a year or so. And then one day I journeyed with psilocybin mushrooms. I was so intrigued by my
        lapse in attentional problems that I stopped my medication, and journeyed with a psychedelic once or twice a year since then. No relapses of attentional difficulties.

-Jason

-----

I learned about "microdosing" from your post. I did a bunch of research, placed an order, and wow! I feet great, and energized. I've taken Adderall for ADD and this is way, way better. It was like I was hyper-focused on what I was doing. The focus and positivity is great, but the coolest thing was being able to talk to people and actually listen to what they were saying!

-trollyroll3r (Reddit)
        Last edited by Sherman Peabody; 10-08-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X