Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: Sept. 2017

Distinguished Community Member

Bbs,

Does stiff-person syndrome act like auto-immune diseases? Does it get worse w stress?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

It is an autoimmune disease. Good and bad stress impacts it. But it's even worse: extended conversation stiffens the muscles. An animated conversation does it. Certain noises trigger spasms. The brain amplifies certain clattering noises. Being out in public worsens it.

So, you can see how being out of my home Ann very noisy places is tough.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you'll need to cut yourself some slack for a while, BBS. Having to relocate on account of Irma has to have been stressful and physically demanding.
    Yes, and the hardest part is wanting so much to help DH secure home, clean up, etc. He of course just wants me to let him take care of it. It all is me wanting it.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

i did alot. I want the credit. Painters came at 8 AM yesterday for painting that was for first job next Spring. I wanted this summer but it's been very wet. Anyway, they called, I said yes and it's happending. So up early yesterday and today.

Yesterday I had an Primary Care appt. i took bus up but walked home as app kept saying bus was 4 minutes away even after 9 minutes. Standing is as hard for me as walking so I walked. All the way home. The bus did not pass me.

This AM, up w painters and then PT appt at 10:30 A. Problem w deconditioning but especially adductors and abductors which bring your legs together and allow them to part. Very hurty R adductor. I have homework to do but hurt too much to do it again today.

I have been out in the yard talking w the painter and looking at the colors in the sun. Going blind w the choices.

Also went up and down stairs too many times.

So, yeah, I want points.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Lots and lots of points for Ann - who may have just done too much in the past couple of days. In fact I think she has. Maybe this week-end you might want to skip MIL altogether. I am sure she and Peter would understand.
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I ironed 3 1/2 blouses today. I had gotten about half way through one when I saw a spot on it that I needed to try and get out. I don't think I will be able to because it kind of looks like hair color. Sometime if I am cold I do not put cape on at the beauty shop, but keep regular clothes on and I am very careful to hold everything real tight around my neck after she drapes me. It is pink and I have another one exactly like it, but I like it so much that I still need two.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, I have both hands full of points for you. On my very best days, I couldn't do all you did. Way to go!

I've done nothing today but drink coffee and watch TV. Compared to Ann, I might be dead. Someone poke me with a stick to be sure I'm still alive.
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I have not ironed in years. I buy permanent press things and hang them right out of the dryer. I gave away all my ironing clothes. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I've never ironed in my life. I never wore clothes that needed ironing. I have always dressed for comfort.

I've always wanted to ask. You're going to someplace you felt needed ironed clothes, and you sit in the car for half an hour. Do your clothes look ironed when you step out of the car?
    Last edited by Howie; 09-14-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, that's amazing! Three cheers!

Today I stood up much of the day, walked around the house to do stuff, even hasd a stand up conversation st the produce stand. It's the most I have done since evacuation for Irma La Douce!

Maybe will swim in a.m....no surf this weekend, waves are huge, but the park is still closed due to debris, I almost never go a week with no surfing. This will be the second week! Crazy!

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast