Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, he has made a number through the years. I know he has made 3 this season. However, he plays good and then he drops back. He is all over the place. Hope in the next couple of years he steadies out and plays well. He is extremely good golfer, but suffers from "social anxiety". This makes things hard for him when he is in the spot light. But he loves the game and keeps on going. Besides there is no where anyone could begin to make the money he is making right now and certainly not at age 23. I think it is a shame that athletes are paid so much, but of course I root for him. I am watching on TV, but can't figure out where they are right now. It was late coming on and I can't tell if they are catching up or what is going on.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, there is a forecast of 80% chance of rain Sunday and full sun on Monday.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I don't know why, but the weather forecasters in this area are wrong more than right. So for what it's worth, they say 0 chance of precipitation Sun. and Mon, but 60% chance today, and the sun is shining away!
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wishing your nephew the best of luck, Virginia!

I've had a couple of holes in one but we're talking miniature golf here. Is that the same as putt-putt that Howie mentioned?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Grayson is tied for 5th place (about 6 p.m. Eastern Time) with Phil Mickelson and two other golfers. Here's the Leaderboard on the PGA website:

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-leaderb...ur-leaderboard

You can also watch the tournament live on the site:

https://www.pgatourlive.com/this-wee...utm_source=pga

Good Luck to Grayson! A hole in one is an awesome feat!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, it's all officially "miniature golf" but some like "putt-putt" were a business name they were called by the parent company. There were many that went by different names. We use to go now and then when I was a kid. They were good clean family fun. I don't know if they even exist anymore.
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

There are three within 5 miles of my house right now. Still very popular.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Rose, thanks a lot. I had figured that out - finally! They had over a 100 playing today and after the cut I think they said on TV there will be 81 or something like that. I was watching TV because I wanted to see him, but I guess he finished before it came on here. He must have had an early tee time. That means tomorrow I think he will have a late tee time. That is not always good for him and Ann is saying that rain is almost certainly going to happen tomorrow. So now it is a wait and see. However, he made the cut and that is a lot to be said for that. This is the third of the Championship games. I think there is one more after this. Then I suppose the season will be over.
    I think they will start on 2018 season sometime in October or November. They make money if they just make the cut, but that is not all of it. It is rankings for the year and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Thanks Ann for the update on the weather there.

I also played a lot of miniature golf with my husband back when we were young. We both enjoyed it. My Nephew would laugh at that. I don't know how long one of the miniature holes are, but he can easily hit over 300 yards, so I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that I played miniature golf.

Last week he did not play too well. He made the cut, but did not come out overall very well. He called his Dad (my brother) and said he was wasted and just didn't want to play anymore. Of course, you can see that was short lived.
    Last edited by Virginia; 09-02-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I have been reading the book that the lady from the book club brings me each month. I really was not interested in starting this one, but finally it was time I needed to read it and get it back to her. When she brought it to me she laughed and told me who in the blub had recommended it. The lady who did is really nice, a friend and I like her a lot, but she is very different. The one who brought it to me said "I am sure it will be funny". I am afraid that I have not found it to be. I am 2/3 through so have another 100 pages to go. Anyway, the title of the book is "The End of Your Life Book Club".

Where is Cat? I do not recall hearing from her lately.

Oh well, no one is going to talk to me, so I am going to bed. Howie is probably watching a movie.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Virginia, you are so right, I am watching a movie I think BBS should see. It's called Monster From the Surf. An old black and white film, and I think it's really scaring Sam. She just wants to curl up on my lap, and close her eyes!

So BBS, all I can say is, don't go into any caves you see right on the edge of the beach. You never know what might be in there!
    Roswell was a gift.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast