Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 103050555657585960

Thread: Jim's Update

Distinguished Community Member

Enjoy your evening Rose. Happy Anniversary.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following user says "thanks"

Happy Anniversary!

4. The following user says "thanks"

Happy Anniversary!

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you all so much for your good wishes for us.

We were married in our backyard, which Jim had transformed into a beautiful deck and stage. He built an altar for us. He laid carpet for our aisle, over the grass.

Jim and I went to a wholesale florist, and they were so touched by our story that they made a giant basket of flowers for our altar as a gift to us. Just magnificent!

A close friend, who is in the music industry, set up a sound system for us. Another close friend, who has a beautiful voice, sang 4 of our favorite songs throughout the ceremony. Another friend did a smudging ceremony with us. All of my bridesmaids read from Corinthians. We had candle lighting and drinking from a Native American wedding vase, which we'd bought on our only vacation from the gift shop in Zion National Park.

The 50 guests sat at round tables, with a cooler at their table for beverages. We had a punch fountain. And a 3 tiered cake.

We began with a garden party, while I finished getting ready. When the ceremony began, Jim walked down the aisle to "If Tomorrow Never Comes," by Garth Brooks (we were into him then). Then I walked down the aisle to "The Rose," by Bette Midler.

I thought I would fall apart, but I looked at all of our loved ones gathered, and they were smiling, with tears streaming down their cheeks. Then I looked toward the altar and I saw my uncle tending to Jon and Michael, and my uncle was crying. Then, I looked at Jim, and he was crying. I was the only one there, who was holding it together, and I fought back those tears.

Our service lasted 1 1/2 hours. Later, a friend told us, "That was the Woodstock of Weddings!"

Jim promised me the wedding I had always wanted and then some. And he absolutely delivered.

When I paid the caterers, the three of them surrounded me, hugged me and were sobbing. "That's the most beautiful wedding we've ever seen. And we've seen a lot of weddings."

The day was exquisite, perfect weather, perfect sunset, and as we bid our last guest farewell, we saw a shooting star. Perfect.

I wish you had all been there!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 103050555657585960