Keep on Moving: March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airports are a lot of work!

I swam today, and tried an extra 100 yards, putting me within 50 yards of half mile. Mistake. It triggered spasm at bottom of ridge cage, but not too long, and weakness in legs for a few minutes. Back to 750 yards...I have MS and MS DOES have me.

Comment

Pedometer readings for the past week:

2198!!!

Not so good but I've been keeping up with the other exercises and am resolving to do better on the walking.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

2198! You deserve a prize.

What can I give you? I have a lot of snow here at Mom's and at home. That's the ticket!
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I see 2198 on there. I may have days I walk that much, but most days, like today, I'm sitting on the bed watching TV. Doing it daily is what REALLY matters. Keep it up!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, you win snow, too!
            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Is Howie shooting for the prize for Top Couch Potato?

I'll be rolling in all that snow and making snow ice cream. It may be high calorie but I've earned it.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Wonder if he'll look like this soon?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

That's a lot of steps Agate! Good going.

I went surfing this morning. The ocean was freezing cold, about 69°. It was cold outside too. It made me feel tough to be out there. I caught this one very nice waist high wave, which made it worthwhile getting up so early. Round two is tomorrow. Surfing is a good sport for MS. I hope I will be well enough to keep on surfing. Unfortunately, that is out of my hands.

The Marinol is helping me. My legs are much less spastic surfing on the Marinol, and my recovery seems much faster. I do notice some muscle weakness this morning. My arms easily tired as though I have been paddling for 12 hours. Perhaps that is a side effect of a combination of baclofen and Marinol, or perhaps it is a new symptom. Whatever.!

Comment

Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
                    Wonder if he'll look like this soon?

He may already look just like that, Vicky. You'll notice that he doesn't post photos of himself.... so we can't know for sure.

Only his hairdresser knows for sure, if anyone remembers that ad.

Comment

And my hairdresser loves my long flowing hair, and wouldn't tell anything bad about me. I would take a picture of it, but my camera needs a battery and "film", and right now, I am broke.

And about me being a couch potato, you are way off about that. In this area, we are called couch taters. Don't even say it if you can't say it right!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I went surfing today. The conditions allowed these beautiful rainbows to form in the spray that was coming off of the tail of the surfboard taking a wave. And I think it was a tarpon I saw leap out of the water flipping its tail.

Maybe I did more paddling than usual, or maybe it is the start of something. I got into trouble walking onto the beach out of the ocean, I could tell my legs were going to collapse or spasm. I made it to the bench and then the shins and feet became painfully spastic. Scary because I didn't know how long it would last or progress.

It eased up in about 10-15 minutes, and my buddy followed me home and helped me clean up the gear. Since then, I have been mostly resting. The legs feel awful. Luckily my neuro is on vacation all week.

I really hope that it will recede by the morning. I won't surf this week and won't exercise until I get some good days.

I hate this freaking disease. And to think, my version is the mild version.

Comment

When you finally have your last day at work BBS you will probably start to get better. At least I hope so.
                          Virginia

Comment

I only worked two hours last week. But its a mental drag for sure.

The MS is trying very hard to take away surfing too. It already took away traveling, work, and so forth. I imagine my MS is not as aggressive as what everyone here has to put up with, though.

Comment

Feeling 80% recovered today :) skip swim today and see what happens.

Comment

Still not recovered enough to exercise. Am thinking this is a flare, not a pseudo flare. So, instead of exercise, I am focusing on moving, which is hard since standing up is rough on my legs and feet.

The past two days I negotiating stairs in house, likely 5 flights spread across the day. I watered my herb plants and repotted one, some minimal walking from the car to two buildings. That will have to suffice.

Comment

Working...
                                X