Keep on Moving: March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    When you finally have your last day at work BBS you will probably start to get better. At least I hope so.
    I've been thinking that too.

If there's been one thing that has helped me not to get worse than I am over the years, I'm pretty sure it's being in charge of my own time. Hard to do that when you're working.

To be able to rest when you want to rest--that's very restorative.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I swim yesterday and it felt really good. It did not cause any muscle spasms thankfully. I was going to swim again today after my visit with the marijuana doctor. However, beginning last night, I've been having trouble breathing. Each time I taking a breath I get deep muscle aches in my upper back and in my chest. Thankfully, advil gets rid of it. But I thought I would take a couple of days off from exercise to see if it resolves. The marijuana doctor did EKG to be sure it was not my heart, and she did a blood test to be sure I did not show markers of clots in my lungs. I thought that was nice of her. It's always something!

Comment

BBS, I am glad you already had the appointment with the marijuana doctor, so that you at least got "kind of" checked out with the breathing and upper back and chest thing.

If I were you I would lay off the surfing for a few days.
        Virginia

Comment

The problem has miraculously disappeared. Am wondering if it was a version of the MS hug, tightening muscles across upper back and chest. Advil made it go away twice. And it hasn't reappeared again today. So I went for a short swim. So far so good. And the breathing problem resolved.
          Last edited by Sunshine; 03-30-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I went surfing this morning and purposely only surfed 30 minutes. As always, it was fun and a good distraction. A huge spinner shark leaped out of the water 60 feet away from my buddy. Wow! Somehow I missed it, I was busy catching a nice wave so it happened behind me.

Comment

Sharks would be best appreciated at a distance, seems to me. Glad your shark wasn't all up close and friendly-like.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                Sharks would be best appreciated at a distance.
                Folks say the same thing about Sam.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh man. A dude just sent me a foto he shot of me on todays big chest high wave...how lucky is that?

I had quite a wipeout today. The wave was big and steep, I popped up but couldn't move my feet and shift my weight so the nose of the board dug under the wave, leading me to,slide off the front, tumble around and around, took in a lot of salt water through the nose.

Finally surfaced, looking for the board. Here comes another big wave about to crash into me .. the board was between Me and the wave. Oh boy, please don't get hit by the board. Please don't let the fin slice me. Managed to dodge it. Took the next wave in and sat on the beach a few minutes.

That was a week's worth of salt intake. Easily.
                  Last edited by Sunshine; 03-31-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I love these stories. Glad you were not hurt.

ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Sure glad you are safe and sound. Unfortunately, too much excitement for me. I wish that was not the case. I might not go surfing, but I would find something exciting to do.
                      Virginia

Comment

You and I could sit on the beach and watch those adventurous people out there, Virginia. I for one would be glad someone else was having all the excitement and challenging experiences.

Comment

Agate I would certainly be happy to settle for sitting and talking. We could laugh when BBS pulled one of her stunts (as long as she didn't get hurt). Then we could stop everyone that went by and tell them that brave lady has MS and is still surfing.
                          Virginia

Comment

We could be her cheering section--while we put together a sand castle or worked on our tan.

Comment

Working...
                            X