No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went surfing this morning. It was lightly raining for a bit which turned the waves glassy, shoulder high. What a beautiful view and then a rainbow came out. When the waves are so glassy, it's just beautiful to paddle over the face of the waves. You can nearly see through it.

The larger the wave, the farther away from shore they break at this kind of beach. This can be unnerving because I get worried about being so far out and get in spasms. So, I was very pleased to tamp down the fear and get out there. I was paddling for this beautiful wave and just missed it as it rolled under Me. Itnwiukdve been a gorgeous ride with a great drop to it. No worries. I was just feeling pleased that I went out there. The pre attack me would've just waited for another one. But, I decided to paddle in and not tempt fate.

It's amazing to me how dedicated surfers find work that allows them to go surfing for a couple of hours when the ocean is pumping.

I can't wait for the morning. The forecast looks good for perfect size clean waves, not so far from shore.

Comment

Chasing waves must be an exciting way to live. I'm glad if the surfers can arrange their work schedules so they can get their surfing in at good times.

This blog post might be of interest (from Multiple Sclerosis News Today). It's about a woman with MS running around in Antarctica wearing an AFO but the blogger has his own take on it:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I was going to ask what an AFO was, but I see now. Foot drop is so creepy. I've had it, but fortunately, it passed when the exacerbation passed. There are so many devises I've never heard of, but it's good to know they are available.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

My sibling has Parmanent foot drop from a knee surgery that nicked the nerve.

Comment

Agate, I especially like what the author said,

"Very few of us can be Cheryl Hile, who is off to run the Tokyo marathon next. Running a marathon is about as possible for me as making a trip to Mars.

But, as Cheryl writes on her website: 'I hope my mission encourages you to create goals to move, whether it means walking 7 miles a week or using your cane to walk 7 meters from your front door to your mailbox.' This past year I worked up to 10 minutes on a stationary bike. More recently, I’ve given myself the simple goal of trying to walk some each day and use my scooter less."

Comment

The ocean was wonderful this morning. I was able to catch three funwaves. One was a keeper. I got up to my feet well, and was able to bend my knees and stay low while taking the drop and then ride the face of the wave. I love that sensation.

Now I am in a big state of peace.IMG_2612.jpg

Comment

Yesterday was my third straight day in the ocean. Day one was a choppy mess, mainly just paddled around for the fun of it. Day Two was cleaner and I just rode waves on the inside.

Day Three was gorgeous. The waves were glassy at a beautiful sunrise, shoulder to overhead perfect waves. I steeled up my courage and paddled way out to the lineup. It's something to be out so far in huge waves knowing at any time your legs and midriff can seize up. Or stupid, take your pick.

I spotted a rolling shoulder high wave and paddled for it. I caught it! But I hesitated in popping up, which is a fatal flaw in surfing. I hung on for a brief moment as I dropped down the face of wave and then tumbled off into the ocean, spinning around, relaxing my body. Managed to take in a gallon of water but was okay.

Lesson learned: you gotta commit, no pull back, no fear or you're gonna eat it, to paraphrase a line from the original Blue Crush movie.

Comment

IMG_2621.jpg

Day Two sunrise

Comment

Beautiful!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4676[/ATTACH]

Day Two sunrise
                      Thanks so much for posting that....exquisite
                      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

You're welcome! It's hard to describe how special it is to get up early, drive 50 minutes, to witness the sunrise after first light...A handful of surfers in the water watching the sunrise, as they wait for their wave patiently....a couple of guys on the beach sharing natures wonder.

One thing I have learned about the guys who surf nearly every day, is how in tune they are with nature, tides, wind, moon phases, the sea life, the nuances of the waves and so on. They live a different kind of life in that regard than most of us.

Maybe farmers are similar in that regard.

Comment

Swam today. It felt good to glide along. Marinol makes it happen.

Comment

I thought I would bounce this back to the top, or you might forget what month it is. I have a little trick to remember what this month is. Say "April showers bring May flowers". See how simple that is? You don't? Well March yourself up to your room right this minute!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I went for a nice swim again today.

Comment

Two airports today.
                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Working...
                                X