No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I amaze myself sometimes. But I simply HAVE to do it all because these darn cats don't help out a bit!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Today was laundry. Eleven one flight trips between 2nd floor (bedrooms), first floor and cellar ( laundry).
      I have ice on my right knee.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, have you tried a heating pad instead of ice? Just wondering, not advising. Howie is curious about everything.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I use ice for inflamation in regard to the knee. For many other things, I use heat.

ANN

Comment

Just as predicted it was too windy to surf. The board would've been like a kite, too dangerous. But it was nice to sit and watch it with a friend.

I took the opportunity to start to clean out my storage room at home. Some wonderful memories, mostly discardable junk. It was good to do it, but I am guessing it will be followed by a four hour rest, of which I am an hour into it. So ridiculous. But such is MS.

Comment

My teenager went grocery shopping with me yesterday. He went into the grocery store and jumped onto one of the electric scooters and brought it out to me. Then we went in and shopped for needed stuff and then some goodies. I finally got some of the ice cream that was on sale. Now I just need one of my friends to take me to Walmart or Costco so I can get some dental chews for my dog. Both are about 15 miles away from where I live. The stores in town only sell them in the small size for smaller dogs.
              s
              Jendie
              I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

I was a "slack butt" today. A term my brother learned in the Navy that seems to mean I did no meaningful work or exercise.

Some days are like that. Some months, too.
                ANN

Comment

Ann is a slack butt, Ann is a slack butt......

Albert Einstein

Comment

Pedometer readings for February shows I averaged 1344 steps/day, less than January's average of 1479.

What's my excuse? I can't think of one. I'll have to get with the program.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate is a slack butt, Agate is a slack butt......

Albert Einstein

Comment

I deserve that.

I have kept up with the exercise routines though, otherwise. In fact, a year or so ago I was noticing how odd my legs were looking. They ballooned out at the thigh just above the knee. Since the PT and the exercises though, some of that weirdness has gone away. Maybe it was a loss of muscle tone, and some of the tone has come back.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I'm just being silly as usual. You keep up your exercise routine, you're doing more than I am.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I doubt that, Howie. I don't go to stores the way you do. That takes energy even if you use one of the carts.

Comment

But that's only once a week. I usually go to the dump, a dozen steps, then to the store, I walk in, they let me take the cart all the way out to my car, and sometimes one of them walks out and takes the cart back in the store.

Other than that, I clean litter boxes every other day, make the cats and myself a good meal, and the rest of the day, it's computer and TV, both from my spot on the bed.

I still say you out do me!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I swam 750 yards today, still 100 yards short of half mile. Gotta get out before the spasms start...Used to swim a mile daily before this attack. Current goal is to swim a half mile with no spasms.

I was determined to swim despite some breakthrough spasms in middle of last night. Hoping I won't pay for it. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X