Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The only guy

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool The only guy

I'm the only guy on the forum, or at least the only guy that posts.

But maybe because I'm old, it makes no difference. I see everyone as a fellow human being that deals with this weird disease.

I take nothing, never have, never will, until there is a cure. I'm so very lucky to still be taking care of myself, and my great cats, after.....I'm counting.....oh my, 20 years of this.

I can still walk, still drive. And most important, can take care of my cats. Fresh food and water, MY turkey and cheese which I never use for me.

Yes, I talk to them all the time. But they ALWAYS hangout with me. Sam is on my lap, and Seven is curled up right beside the keyboard. They keep me going.

When they pass, I'll get no more. I would hate to pass my cats to someone else. No one can love them, and treat them like gold.

I think all of you have a significant other, and that's great. MS has to be a test of how much they really love you.

But don't feel sorry for me. I've been a loner since I was a kid. I liked being left alone. I was raised in the sticks, and my fondest memory was a Saturday morning, early morning, and sitting, and drinking in the beauty of the World.

Okay, all done. I hope it made sense.
    Last edited by Howie; 11-21-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

:) Howie many of us do not have a significant other. I live alone, but I have Lacy for company and she sleeps with me and likes to stay on my lap part of the day. Lacy can go out two doggie doors and into the fenced backyard anytime. She also has two pee pads in the Florida room just in case.

I too won't get another pet even though my sons would take them. Jim would take Lacy as he has three Chihuahuas and she loves him. She loves Andy too but his place does not have any way for Lacy to get outside unless he is home and he works. Jeanie :)

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, I think you are not the only male. Funnylegs4, is a guy. I think he said his name was Mike but I am not sure.

And you are not the only one without a significant other. I'll let them speak for themselves.

You are very right in thinking that cats and carrying on conversations w them are important. They keep me sane during the day and recently when Peter was traveling. He was an only child so his favorite thing is to be left alone. Especially with some newspapers and a radio.

We are glad to have you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

The "thanks" buttons have gone missing again.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

I have a "go to hell" button, but I'm saving that for the administrators in case they don't fix your problem!

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howie, I think you are not the only male. Funnylegs4, is a guy. I think he said his name was Mike but I am not sure.

And you are not the only one without a significant other. I'll let them speak for themselves.

You are very right in thinking that cats and carrying on conversations w them are important. They keep me sane during the day and recently when Peter was traveling. He was an only child so his favorite thing is to be left alone. Especially with some newspapers and a radio.

We are glad to have you,
    ANN
    Hi, sorry to say I am female. LOL. No worries. I'm not upset or anything that you thought I was male. For some reason when I post online everyone thinks I'm male. Maybe I write like a male? If you go to my signature and click the link to my website you'll see my real name etc but I prefer to addressed via my username here. :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Howie, you may be our only posting male, but we just treat you the way we do the others, except that I think we treat you a little more special and are a little more prejudiced toward you.

I do not have a significant other and I live alone. Would love to have a dog, but that is impossible. Rules of the neighborhood are that I have to be able to walk the dog, so I will continue to live alone. Like you, I would not want anyone else raising my dog but me and I am not likely to outlive one unless I got an old dog. Then there are a lot of Vet bills, so guess things will remain the way they are at my house. I also do not have children or sisters.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What about all of those "guests"? And there are males who drop in from time to time--Random Thought may still be one though he has some newer name that I don't remember.

Not everybody has a significant other. I don't, for one, and others have mentioned that they don't. Significant others just aren't always part of the picture.

Virginia, that dog-walking task is one good reason why I wouldn't get a dog. I've noticed that all of the dogs who live here get walked--in all kinds of weather. They wear nifty little dog sweaters but some of their people aren't able to walk them sometimes and somebody else has to do that for them.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

What a beautiful and heartfelt note Howie.

If it comes to the point of having no cats, why not adopt an older cat from the Shelter? They often euthanize them.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

BBS, that's an idea. Jeanie and Ann, I had no thanks button on, but did on the rest.

MODS!!!

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast