Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15406585105110111112113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,147 of 1147

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

We have a lot of other far better people to be memorializing should we want monuments in public spaces. I say we should move all these to one of his golf course where he and his cronies can admire them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I needed to laugh today and this line of yours did it for me!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

40,000 marched in Boston yesterday against white supremacy, hate. And probably Trump.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

A friend asked why I support removing the statues, and isn't it denying history?

No, I said, statues and street names are reserved to honor important people for their positive impact on our world. I said, we wouldn't put up a statue of Hitler in Berlin because of his historical importance, now would we? We don't name a street after Jeffrey Dahmer just because he was famous.... or a statue of Mussolini in Italy?

We do not erase these evil people from history, we study them, put photos in history books, and history museums. But we don't put statues up honoring them.

Lee's claim to fame was that he led an insurrection against our nation, in order to perpetuate slavery. It is different than Washingtons statues, although he too was a cruel slave owner. He formed our nation, fought against being named king etc.

People who March to keep these statues up are racist, or ignorant, pure and simple, IMO. It's no accident that the Nazis and KKK showed up, armed.

And that was not exercising free speech. It was inciting a riot. You can't yell Fire in a theatre and claim it's free speech.

Now that Don John is losing money by the cancellations at. His property, and losing adulation, perhaps he will find an excuse to resign.

This is a national nightmare, leaving us vulnerable to attack by our enemies within, and internationally.
    Last edited by BBS1951; Yesterday at 07:47 AM.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He could find many reasons to bow out gracefully, and many people wouldn't mind in the least.

He could plead health reasons. Or he could say he wants to spend more time with his family. He could even say he's nearing the end of his life and wants to make the best use of his remaining years, and why spend several of them serving a bunch of people who clearly don't appreciate him?

He could have ever so much more fun, golfing and playing Monopoly with hotels.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Agate, remember his ego will not let him quit!!! He will instead go to Phoenix on Tuesday where the officials of that city have asked him not to come. He will hold one of his rallies and his adoring fans will go out and yell him on, and this will energize him unfortunately.

I truly dislike Pence. Do you realize that he is so spineless that he came out and said he stands with the Prez. What a coward.
    Virginia

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

A friend sent this, and I just wanted to share:

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 8.50.25 PM.jpg

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That's funny Rose!
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15406585105110111112113114115