Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 18436888108113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1189

Thread: Politics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not clear from this that this is actually happening but supposedly it will be his own money, and the charities are listed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ffb9c3f4172d
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I think his foundation is under investigation and the money can't come from there. If he does actually give this money the first of it will go to things like Franklin Graham and other Christian leaders who are his supporters. Good luck to the Red Cross and Salvation Army, but I could be wrong. I hope for the sake of the people of Houston that I am in deed wrong.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

And so it starts again - this time it is the Graham/Cassidy Health Bill. They say this one is the worse one of all.

I was glad to see Jimmy Kimmel come out tonight and speak about it. He had Cassidy on his program and Cassidy promised him he would not vote for a health care bill that did not pass the Kimmel test. Jimmy Kimmel said he lied to his face. He says this was has already got a number of organizations coming out against it - The American Cancer Assoc, The Heart Ass., The Diabetic Ass., The ALS Ass, the Multiple Sclerosis Ass., the Children's Hospital Ass. and on and on.

They want to ram it through before anyone knows what is really in it. If the House passes it, Ryan has already said he would get it passed. These people just do not give a tinker's damn about the people. They are asking that everyone call their representatives again.
    To reach them you can call 202-224-3121. Please call, Seniors will also be effected by this bill and once again Medicaid will be chopped. So disabled as well as Seniors will feel the effects.
    Last edited by Virginia; 09-19-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Honestly, I'm fed up with calling my legislators begging them not to pass a bill, which they KNOW will harm millions of people, and that the majority oppose, and which doesn't affect them or their families, friends or colleagues, because they have Cadillac policies on the taxpayers' dime.

My Senators are Democrats, and they will vote no, as always. My Congressional Representative will vote the Party Line, and he doesn't give a flying fig about how this bill will impact my son, husband or me. I've never voted for him, so he doesn't consider me a constituent.

Isn't it pathetic that we have to beg our elected officials to not kill us?

And why is Don John still in the Oval Office and embarrassing us on the world stage? I want him GONE.

Hurry up, Mueller!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Agreed. But it's all we can do. So, I emailed my Republicans reps. Once again. I do think they count the number of emails and phone calls. I wonder if visits to their aides local office with children or pics of children in tow humanizes their votes? Otherwise, we are just a number.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

McCain killed the Graham healthcare bill. A profile in courage.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Maybe it's too soon to say he's killed it but it's certainly far less likely to pass. There are a couple of rabbits that the Republicans can pull out of hats:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicH...45846d0r&pos=7

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yeah, I'm not counting it "killed" until they actually either vote and it gets defeated, or they pull it before the vote. I'm betting on Collins putting it over the top...but now that McCain has stepped up and announced his vote, there might actually be a few others willing to vote their conscience...
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

The medical journal that is probably the most highly respected among the world's medical journals, The Lancet, has come out with an editorial strongly favoring universal health care for the US:

http://thelancet.com/journals/lancet...e_email_Sept23

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I have a relative in England with a terrible illness. Her appointment was rescheduled from now until March, and 60'miles away from original site. Their NHS is broken and needs fixing urgently.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 18436888108113114115116117118119 LastLast