Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q & A RE: BrainTalk Communities & CannaTalks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The director of the site, Firehorse, is listed as "director BrainTalk Communities.org." Does this mean that CannaTalks is a subdivision of BrainTalk?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

[QUOTE=agate;57645]The director of the site, Firehorse, is listed as "director BrainTalk Communities.org." Does this mean that CannaTalks is a subdivision of BrainTalk?[/QUOTE

Make no mistake, "Firehorse" is only a username, & I am not the only one that uses it either. You got lucky on this.

For what it's worth, BrainTalk Communities and CannaTalks are currently totally separate entities.

If this ever changes, and I'm not say it will or it won't. Though it will be made public I assure you.
    "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by David Hosobuchi View Post

Make no mistake, "Firehorse" is only a username, & I am not the only one that uses it either. You got lucky on this.

For what it's worth, BrainTalk Communities and CannaTalks are currently totally separate entities.

If this ever changes, and I'm not say it will or it won't. Though it will be made public I assure you.
      Thank you for explaining. I did notice that there has been someone with the user name Firehorse registered on BT who appears not to be the same Firehorse on the CannaTalks forum.

Might CannaTalks be a sort of trial balloon? Maybe envisioned as an adjunct to the BrainTalk board--an alternative board that people from BT can go to if they wish?

I guess my concern was that the plan might be to dissolve the BT board and replace it with CannaTalks, which might not appeal to everyone who is active on the BT board. Some of the people here aren't inclined to join other message boards, often because of physical limitations when it comes to learning about different formats.
      Last edited by agate; 10-20-2016, 04:23 PM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
        Thank you for explaining. I did notice that there has been someone with the user name Firehorse registered on BT who appears not to be the same Firehorse on the CannaTalks forum.

Might CannaTalks be a sort of trial balloon? Maybe envisioned as an adjunct to the BrainTalk board--an alternative board that people from BT can go to if they wish?

I guess my concern was that the plan might be to dissolve the BT board and replace it with CannaTalks, which might not appeal to everyone who is active on the BT board. Some of the people here aren't inclined to join other message boards, often because of physical limitations when it comes to learning about different formats.
        Firehorse, as a user, predates me at BT as an Administrator. He seems knowledgeable about epilepsy. I will say no more than that.

CannaTalks can not, and will never replace BrainTalk because it's not a neurological community. Not if I have any say in it. As a De Facto Director, of BrainTalk Communities, I do.

Yes I founded CannaTalks. Currently this is technically a project of my private company, that I have started for the purpose. There are obvious similarities between CannaTalks & BrainTalk. There are several reasons for this. Yes, I used vB, in part so BT members would feel more comfortable, also because I was used to it!
        I do wish to make clear that BT has a goal that we are working towards; Selfsuficiency as a nonprofit organization. Though CannaTalks future is not written yet.

Appearances can be deceiving. CannaTalks may have been founded by a Director of BT, I warn against making any further assumptions about the future of BT. Stress is not a good thing!

I will be moving all these discussion posts to a new discussion thread on this subject in the Forum Feedback, leaving this as the Useful Links thread. Please allow me a couple of days to get to this, as I am getting older and don't move as fast anymore.

Thanks for your feedback,

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Earlier this year I established my own company, a private LLC for the purpose of creating an online community; One big reason was in the spirit of one of our old members.

This community is called Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....

That member was Grassman. In my opinion, he showed through his post here his longstanding determination his use of the drug to combat symptoms and relieve side effects. I can't help but applaud such devotion to quality of life. That's just me, I don't necessarily justify or condone fracturing laws. I just see the pursuit of quality of life for the sick and disabled as just that. Other reasons include that I also have seen cannabis as a valuable medicine. I have personally seen it control seizures in kids from over a 100 a week, down to a handful in the same period of time. I can't ignore this.

CannaTalks, like BrainTalk, is the first of its kind on the internet. It has the potential to be groundbreaking. For those here that are interested, I do hope you will visit. For those where it has no relevance, then of course, there would be no reason.

When placing this in the useful website thread in the MS Forum, it immediately received questions about the ownership, whether it was an extension of BrainTalk, or even if it was going to replace BrainTalk.

This thread is here to answer any questions you may have on this subject. I have moved the posts questioning it from there to here to preserve the "Useful Website" forum.

Thanks,
          Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 10-21-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Well, I forgot that when moving things around, that they would be arranged by post date! The post I wanted to be at the top is now below the ones I moved that were made on dates preceding it. Oh well. I hope this is not confusing for you!

Comment

CannaTalks sound like a fresh new idea. Thank you for taking the time to explain in more detail.

Comment

Working...
              X