Social Security COLA will be 0.3% in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security COLA will be 0.3% in 2017

No, that's not a 3% increase in Social Security benefits in 2017. The COLA increase in January will be 0.3%, which will amount to an average of $4/month in extra income per recipient.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Don't spend it all at once!
    Last edited by agate; 10-18-2016, 03:45 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Howie could get the cats some cheese and still have money left over!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Sorry Sam, that's only $4 extra, so no chainsaws this year, but you can have some more cheese!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

My increase is $2.84/month. WHEE!

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

As much cheese as Sam eats, that tip about grating cheese yourself could save me $100's a year. AND I actually have TWO graters. I'm livin' large now!!!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

We'll all be living high off the hog as of January!

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeee Haw!!! Ribs and hog jowls fer everone!!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

That's about $50 per year though! Nice! And $500 for ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                  That's about $50 per year though! Nice! And $500 for ten years.
                  That $500 over ten years--that's whopping!

[humming "Happy Days Are Here Again"]

Comment

In 10 years, a hog jowl will cost that much!

Albert Einstein

Comment

But think of all of the interest accruing over the years. It all adds up.

Oops. If you're spending it on the items that cost more because of the rising cost of living, you aren't banking it, and so I guess you wouldn't be getting the interest.

Comment

That sounds...interesting.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I now declare myself to be rich. I will get $7.58 more. That is because I get the same increase on the money my husband left me from his Army pension as I get on Social Security. Now, let's see they will take out $1.00 more in Federal taxes from the Army. I should get about $6.00 a month more. My medigap insurance plus my medicare part D went up $12.00 a month, so I am only $6.00 in the hole on those two items. I will see how many of my other bills go up the first of the year, then I will see how much I have to cut back to break even.

Howie, gets to buy more cheese for the cats, but I think I am going to have to cut back - hmmmmm!
                          Virginia

Comment

Sam tells me a day without cheese is like a day scratching fleas.

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Hooray! Now Jon can buy that yacht he's always wanted!

I'm Jon's Representative Payee, and annually, I have to complete a form indicating how much of his SSI was used for food, housing, clothing, and "other" expenses, and how much was saved. SAVED? HA!

One year I wrote in the "Comments" section of the form: "Jon isn't allowed to have a savings. And SSI is below poverty level, so how can he save a penny? Why do you even ask this question?!"

Oddly, Social Security never responded. And every year, the form is exactly the same.

Meanwhile, the rich get richer ...

Love & Light,

Rose
                              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
                              X