Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Hurricane Matthew Check In

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

And the stench when the waters recede will be just plain horrible. My town stunk for months after Jeanne. And also, you could not get this odd sour smell out of anything that was not metal or plastic. At least you could bleach metal and plastic. I had never smelled that before Jeanne in my life. And not since the town fully recovered which took years.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

How awful. PU...
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh. I am there with all of you hit by the hurricane. I want you to know I am personally sending my well wishes.

Here in CA (SF area for 48 years) we don't get the wind of hurricanes, but we do get earthquakes; Big ones.
    We do at times get flooding, mudslides, etc... Like in 1982 when El Nino rolled in with a vengeance and just dumped rain until the ground until it wouldn't hold any more, and kept on coming... So I do know what it's like to experience widespread chaos and destruction. It can be very, very, scary.

With these bits of experiences of disasters in my life, I feel I can at least empathize with what you are going through, and I hope you are all safe and able to (re)connect with your loved ones.
    "The Most Determined Win!"

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you David for taking the time to respond. I know that California has certainly had their share of natural disasters, so many there would be able to empathize with what is now happening in the State I live in. Some people think when it is over, it's over. But for many it is just beginning.

As our Governor said, many of the people who were hardest hit here are the people who did not have a lot to begin with and now they have absolutely nothing.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I hope they'll get aid that will help them to recover--food, shelter, heat, transportation, clothing, medicine--all of that is probably gone or very difficult to get for those who have been hit by the storm.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, people seem to be responding pretty well. They are loading trucks here where I live of food and vital things that people need. The flooding was wide spread as far as how many small towns were hit. It is my understanding that one town may no longer exist or be able to rebuild. I hope this will not turn out to be the case. I just wonder how the people who are on medicine that is a must are getting by. I don't really know.

At one point they were getting to some towns by boat, but I never did understand where the people were staying, or where they all had been evacuated to. By tomorrow I think it is suppose to be getting out of what they call MAJOR flooding and begin to go down at some point. But what then? The homes have been condemned.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Thanks David so much for responding.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678