Upcoming clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming clipping

Hi, I have 2 aneurysms that I am due to have clipped within the next 2 weeks. I am starting to get quite scared. I am not afraid of the surgery, pain,not walking up etc. I am more afraid of complications such as a stroke or epilepsy. Just recently I have read various posts on the Internet where there have been such complications with elective surgery.I struggle sometimes to see success stories but do wonder if those who feel goid do not come on the forums???- reassurance needed please x

((((((boozysuzi100)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

You're probably correct that people, who don't have complications, don't frequent forums to share their experiences. Those, who do share their positive outcomes, are likely existing forum members, who began posting, pre-surgery, as you are, established relationships with other forum members, and returned to report their experiences to their forum friends.

We've had some recent activity on the Aneurysm forum, so I'm hoping that those members will stop by with reassurance. You might also check the archives for this forum from the days, when Braintalk was more active, to see if any posts exist there with the answers you're seeking.

Sending you healing thoughts and positive energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi, I do not have aneurysms and my understanding of them is limited but I just wanted to offer you a bit of comfort. Whenever someone I know has a medical condition I tend to internet search it and by the time I'm done I'm TERRIFIED but once I see the person again things are usually not as bad as I think because a lot of stuff on the internet is rare worst case scenario. I hope the same will be true for you. Yes strokes are a risk but I have heard stories of people who have recovered almost completely from aneurysm related stroke like Kevin Sorbo. He wrote a book about it called "True Strength". Have faith and pray. I'm sure you will be fine.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Thank you

Thanks - I know you're right- I have my.up and down days

Comment

((((((boozysuzi100)))))) ~

It's so natural and normal to be scared. And funnylegs4 is right. Sometimes the internet can scare us. Be sure to discuss your fears with your physician/surgeon, as that reassurance is also very important to calming your concerns. We're here for you and sending you healing, positive energy and prayers for a successful surgery and rapid recovery.

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by boozysuzi100 View Post
            Thanks - I know you're right- I have my.up and down days
            You're welcome! I completely understand. I have had 2 surgeries for my disability and I still have fear of surgery! When you are dealing with the unknown you will always have good and bad days. Feel free to vent here as I did when I had various fears of my friends' dying from their medical conditions(they all turned out fine!!!). Sometimes venting really helps. I'm praying for you too!
            My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

boozysuzi100, by now you might have had your surgery--? Just dropping by from the MS forum where I usually hang out because I noticed your thread and understand your concern.

They've been doing amazing things with aneurysm clipping in recent years, I think. I hope that the surgery went well for you!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Rupture, coiling and then clip aneurysm

I had a ruptured aneurysm in November with a coiling. This past Sunday had to go back in and clip new aneurysm as well as coil. I have to admit another surgery was daunting, but am glad i did it. Doctors said i would not survive another rupture most likely. I had magnificent doctors and supportive family and friends. I am healing slowly and the pain is under control, but I do not like staying at home during the day by myself. I hate to impose on family and friend even more. They are calling and checking on me.

Comment

Originally posted by clbmcaninch View Post
                  I had a ruptured aneurysm in November with a coiling. This past Sunday had to go back in and clip new aneurysm as well as coil. I have to admit another surgery was daunting, but am glad i did it. Doctors said i would not survive another rupture most likely. I had magnificent doctors and supportive family and friends. I am healing slowly and the pain is under control, but I do not like staying at home during the day by myself. I hate to impose on family and friend even more. They are calling and checking on me.
                  I checked in on my friend everyday after he had a stroke. I was happy to do it and I'm sure those who love you do not think you are imposing. Glad you survived and I will pray you do not have another.
                  Last edited by funnylegs4; 02-27-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

It is normal to feel scared and worried though there is a chance of complications. I guess being brave and positive person will reflect too on your procedure and be strong and pray hard the successful operation without any complications. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X