No announcement yet.

OT September Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat,, you amaze me,, and I bet you amazed yourself,, so proud of the steps you took to get back , to a level where you can maintain,, its been a ordeal,, but glad,, you never used up your 9 lives yet,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

((((((Cat)))))) ~

You have survived an arduous journey, and I admire your strength and bravery through it all. May you continue to improve and regain the most normalcy possible. Be well and happy.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Good morning all!

It's only Thursday. The next few days don't really exist for me, just time holding up payday. I really don't know where my money went. I fear I got ripped of by someplace I ordered from online. We'll see when I get my bank statement.

Next week will be a great one for me besides getting paid. I'm going to take Pinky out, maybe daily while the weather holds, and it looks like it will. In the 70's and no rain.

Having coffee, and watching ANOTHER Japanese monster move. They sure do put a lot of labor into such a bad movie. They have been running all week, mostly Godzilla VS every other Japanese monster ever made.

Everyone have a monsterous day!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

The end of the month can be a lean time.

I have a Sacagawea coin around here. Most of them are worth only their face value but there's a rare one that will bring a couple of hundred dollars. Mine isn't one of the rare ones, I'm almost sure, but if I run out of money, I'll dig it up and take a better look at it.

Flu shots were being given in the building this morning. I've always gone to a pharmacy or supermarket or my doctor before but this year I signed up for the flu shot here. About 15 people had signed up for it but I didn't wait long.

Just filled out a couple of forms with insurance and Medicare info and got the shot.

Now I wait for the groceries. I've just finished washing the wool clothes and am putting them away today.

Soon I'll have to start taking cuttings from some of the outdoor plants and starting them indoors so they will be ready to go out there in the warm weather next year. It means maybe 5 or 6 extra pots in here but that's OK.

Howie, would you cheer on a driverless racing car? This news story is a month old and may be really stale by now but I was wondering if car races would be as interesting to the spectators if the racing cars were driverless....

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          Last edited by agate; 09-29-2016, 10:40 AM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I'd love a driverless car! One of my favorite TV series was "Knight Rider"...the protagonist had a car that he could jump in to, tell it where to go, and off they flew. nThe car would talk back to him :) A car like that...wheelchair accessible....the possibilities are endless!
            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
              I'd love a driverless car! One of my favorite TV series was "Knight Rider"...the protagonist had a car that he could jump in to, tell it where to go, and off they flew.The car would talk back to him :) A car like that...wheelchair accessible....the possibilities are endless!
              Wouldn't that be great? I've been trying to find out more about wheelchair accessibility in driverless cars--so far I haven't found much. I should think that a lift-equiped vehicle could do the lift automatically, but if you fell off the lift, I'm not sure how you'd get untangled from the resulting mess.

Maybe the kneeling feature that buses have would work better than the standard wheelchair lift that vans have. Less of a drop if you fall, anyway.

Or a drop-down ramp might work well. You just propel your chair up the (not very steep) slope and there you are, good to go.

I'm assuming that somehow the tiedowns could work automatically as well. Somehow the chair has to be secured in the vehicle.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

And having David Hasselhoff being Night Rider's constant driver didn't have anything to do with it being a favorite, did it Cat?

Taking the driver out of a racecar kills the whole meaning out of the sport. It's pitting your car and your ability to drive it, against other teams and cars is what it's all about. What's next, the Robot Olympics?
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I seriously doubt it's possible to make things safe and easy for everyone. If it was, though, boring wouldn't be far behind.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

That car's name was, "Kit."
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ohhhhh, we have another fan do we?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Maaaay-be.

ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          Good morning all!

It's only Thursday. The next few days don't really exist for me, just time holding up payday. I really don't know where my money went. I fear I got ripped of by someplace I ordered from online. We'll see when I get my bank statement.

Next week will be a great one for me besides getting paid. I'm going to take Pinky out, maybe daily while the weather holds, and it looks like it will. In the 70's and no rain.

Having coffee, and watching ANOTHER Japanese monster move. They sure do put a lot of labor into such a bad movie. They have been running all week, mostly Godzilla VS every other Japanese monster ever made.

Everyone have a monsterous day!
                          Just a thought, Howie, based on something that happened to me today. Out of curiosity I went looking for that Sacagawea coin, and in looking I ran across $20 I didn't know I had!

I thought the coin might be in one of a couple of change purses and I took a good look in both of them, something I hardly ever both to do because I don't use them much, and there was this $20 bill!

Sometimes if you really take a good look around, you get a pleasant surprise!

Comment

:) Cat I am glad you are doing so good. Today I went to get my hair done and my ramp door would not close. I managed to get the ramp and my scooter in and I drove to the mobility place with the door open.

On the way the ramp fell out and I had to put on my flashers and brake to a stop on a main road at 4 PM. Luckily the ramp came back in but still the door would not close. They put a relay switch in and charged me $132.34. The door closes but the van kneels down and it was in the kneel down position and it won't come up.

It is 17 years old and they want you to buy a new van from them and not fix old ones. Any bump I hit now something on the bottom hits. I think I will take it to my mechanic and see if he can get it to rise up. Glad I have Visa.

I came home and got Lacy and took her to get her nails clipped and the groomer was not there today. Also the battery in one of my key fobs that works the ramp quit so I stopped at Radio Shack. This is my first outing in over a week. Andy is coming tomorrow and go with me to get batteries in both my scooters.

I hope no more problems pop up. I'm praying for some energy. Jeanie :)

Comment

I actually didn't pay much attention to the human...I was in love with Kit!! :)

Comment

Here I am, just waking up from a LONG nap. I ate, and fell sleepy afterwards, like I always do, so was going to take a short nap. WAS! Now it's tomorrow.

Sleep well all!
                                Last edited by Howie; 09-30-2016, 08:20 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X