How does the dura actually heal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the dura actually heal?

Hi Everybody I was just wondering does anyone have a clear understanding about how does the dura heal under the blood patch, will it actually heal or scar over & be permanently closed?

My leak is from a lumbar puncture.

((((((mattrc7)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. We have a couple of new members, who have experience with lumbar puncture and blood patches, so perhaps they might be able to answer your question. I hope that they will stop by with some advice.

Of course, if you are concerned about your healing from the blood patch, your best bet would be to consult your physician.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Okay so I was going to have my question here, I'm going to have a blood patch with dr Shiv on Friday with his team my problem is I two hours away from Cedar Sinai Hospital and I'm wordering after I go through the blood patch andr wasn't the 4 hours after should I let my sister drive me home which could be a three-hour trip with traffic or should I just get a hotel for the weekend, I don't want to risk the blood patch being for nothing due to being in a car for 2-3 hours? Thanks

Comment

Sorry typed that on my phone!

So I'm going to have a blood patch with Dr Shiv on Friday with his team, I live two hours away from Cedar Sinai Hospital and I'm wondering after the 4 hour recovery following the procedure should I let my sister drive me home which could be a three-hour trip with traffic or should I just get a hotel for the weekend, I don't want to risk the blood patch? thanks

Comment

((((((mattrc7)))))) ~

It sounds like you'd feel more comfortable staying in a hotel than risking a problem with the blood patch. Less stress is probably important after this procedure, so if worrying about driving home for 4 hours in traffic is stressing you, then you might want to go ahead and book a hotel room. Just check reviews for hotels on line to make sure you find a hotel/motel with a good record of cleanliness.

Another benefit of staying in a hotel/motel is ~ if you should have a problem with the blood patch or the procedure, you will be close to Cedars to go back in to be checked.

Sending healing thoughts and positive energy that your blood patch procedure goes well on Friday.

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Yeah just looking for people that might have been in the same boat but definitely sounds like a good idea thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X