Wow...It has been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...It has been a while

I'm glad to see BT is still around although it looks like most forums nowadays and not as active. I don't know how many years I came here but it was a God send between my health issues and caring for my mother in law.
    Hope to catch up with everyone soon.
    hugs
    Karen

hey karen !

nice to see you! i hope everything is going well with you. there have been a lot of changes in your life and i hope they've led you to a more positive place .

is your mother-in-law still alive? if she is, how is she doing? do you see her at all? it's been 2 years a week ago that my mom died and almost 5 years since my separation. i live with my son and that's working out well. i have had someone special in my life for the last year and a half. life goes on.

i am hoping everything is good for you.

thanks for checking back in,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Karen and Jeannie, it has been a long time so I thought I would stop in and see who was still around. I am glad a few are still checking in now and then. I dropped out for a while, maybe will again, because the site got so slow with few new posters. I still struggle with my spine and pain but I do have some very good times that last for 6 to 8 weeks and then the intense pain and debilitating neurological issues come back to remind me I am still and will always be a spinie.

I do have two granddaughters now and my wife and I will be picking up our new golden Retriever puppy on Saturday. I keep trying to keep up with our small yard, we won the community pride award again this past month. As far as we know our home is the only two time winner since the program started four years ago. The house on the corner has a nice young couple moving in and they have been very nice to get to know so far.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

((((((Mark)))))) ~

Congratulations on your granddaughters, Golden Retriever puppy, and being a two time Community Pride award winner! Goldens are great family dogs and willing to be trained. I'm sure your granddaughters and puppy will get along famously!

I'm thankful that you get 6-8 week respites from pain, but wish that would turn into 52 weeks.

You've been a faithful supporter at BT, and I hope that you (and others) will consider dropping by every month or so just to say hello. If more of you did that, the joint might start jumping again!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Funny it use to be several times a day we would be on here and now it is like once a month...I blame our phones. I don't log onto the laptop often because most things can be done on the phone.

My mother in law passed away in in 2013. But thank you for asking Jeannie . I was with her and went with my ex to the funeral. Went back and stayed with him after the big goof broke his tibia and fiba trying to mow the lawn ( he had a complete spinal cord injury). He decided he wanted to travel in an RV, started a non profit to do that and although we were apart about six months we skyped all the time. He came back to MS in June of 2015 & I knew he was sick the second I saw him. We ended up taking him to NC ( his ''official "" residence) but after a month in ICU he chose to come of the vent and he died a year ago this past July. UNC had a trial program so I got to stay in the room with him most of the time unlike most ICU, and I was with him till the last. As weird as it sounds I think we were closer after the divorce and distance...he was defiantly still my best friend and I still miss him everyday. Our house was for sale, but never would sell due to people finding out my MIL died in the house and being silly, or the ''weird"" wheelchair accessible bathroom. So it got foreclosed on, I had an apartment was doing well enough but my father was put on hospice I guess two months ago now so I moved home to try and help out.

That is a lot of bad sorry...back is still a mess ...but I always told myself I was holding off on meds till I was 40 so I wouldn't ruin my kidney/liver etc. I turn 40 in January so new pain management clinic and I won't say no to any pill they wanna throw at me. I hope you all are doing ok and will try to remind myself to stop by more often.
          (((hugs)))
          Karen 

Comment

((((((Karen)))))) ~

BACK!

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your MIL and your ex-husband, and now you are a careprovider to your dad in hospice. That is so much heart break and stress to deal with in just 3 years. I hope that you are able to take time for yourself to grieve, to rest, and to recover.

Have you tried natural alternatives to relieve your pain? Cannabid Oil is now available on line, and it has many healing properties. Have you considered acupuncture or chiropractic treatments? (I don't know your medical history nor the problems you have with your back, so please forgive me, if these aren't realistic options for you.)

Sending a prayer for your healing, strength, peace and comfort.

Love & Light,

Rose
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

hey karen !

i'm sorry your mil died. i was wondering whether you had posted that in the alzheimer's forum, but i don't remember. anyway, i remember you posting less once you separated.

i'm really sorry to hear about your ex-husband! i forgot he had a spinal cord injury and wasn't doing well while you were taking care of your mil. yeah, sometimes we get along better with the ex's when we don't have to live with them. my ex and i can talk on the phone or in person without any bad feelings surfacing. it's great that your hubby had your support during his mil's death and during his own! you always gave your best to your mil and ex and i'm sorry your ex didn't see that at the time. i think he prolly realized how good you were when you came to support him when his mother died. there are always so many feelings left when you separate from a husband or longtime partner. i'm glad you were able to reconcile with him.

well, remember our caregiver's advice; always take care of yourself even when you are a caregiver to someone else! i hope your dad has a peaceful passing. i assume he has a terminal illness if he's in hospice.

it was nice to hear from you

take care of yourself, ((((karen))))
              jeannie
              WE ARE BT!
              "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
              "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
              "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Thanks Jeannie , it is my Dad's heart giving out on him along with lots of other age related problems so his passing won't be like my MIL. They want to call it pallative care instead of hospice now, but he has signed a DNR. I honestly don't recall if I posted to the Alz group when Skip died or not...that honestly feels like a lifetime ago not just three years. Thanks for the suggestions on alternative pain management Rose.
                ((hugs))
                Karen

Comment

Hi all!

If you are:
                  • 18 or older
                  • Have a physical disability that affects your ability to control or access your home environment
                  • Require caregiver assistance (unpaid or paid), you may be eligible to participate in our research study through the University of Pittsburgh.
                  You would complete two sessions one hour each. I will ask you about technology you do or don't use in your daily life, your effort to complete tasks, and your satisfaction with how you complete tasks. We will pay you $40 to thank you for your time.

If interested please contact Dr. Andrea Fairman email: andrea.fairman@jwu.edu phone: 401-598-4765.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X