Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Donna ~

Such great news that Nick's health is stable. May it continue to be so. How is your mom? What is your assessment of her current status? It's so difficult to watch our parents age and lose their abilities. I know, and I send lots of love and strengthening prayers to you.

Thank you for your suggestion about silver nitrate. We have a treatment for granulation ~ eucalyptus oil, which we used successfully with Michael's granulation around his G Tube stoma. But I don't know whether it would be safe to use around Jon's trache. Silver nitrate can be painful, and the tissue around his trache stoma is very sensitive. So we have to be careful. His nurse will be changing his trache on her next visit, so we'll discuss it then.

Happy Canada Day! Hope you all had a fun day celebrating.

Tamie ~

Finally, an appt. for the Urodynamics test! I'll pray that Tyler remains well, so that he can have the test, and that the test will reveal helpful information to diagnose and treat his AD.

I'll also pray that Tyler tolerates the altitude, so that you can have a fun week at the cabin. The mountains should be lovely next week, since we're in a cooling trend.

I worry about the fireworks and our dry land/brush/trees, etc. With fires raging already, I just wish we could forego fireworks. A few years ago, our City Council stupidly allowed private fireworks again. We listen all day to bangs and what sound like gunfire and bombs. Not only am I worried about fires around us and across the state, with all of the violence going on in the world now, the last thing I want to hear is that sound.

Stay cool and safe and have fun at the cabin.

Our Update ~

Jon's peeing has really slowed down, and his belly is distended with fluid. Temp is between 100 and 101, keeps fluctuating. SATS 94/Heart Rate 112. These episodes usually don't last that long, so we're trying not to become anxious or over-worried.

Our goddaughter texted me today that she was taking her mom to ER for a CT scan, after she bumped her head and has been dizzy, nauseous and unbalanced since Weds. She has a severe concussion. At home resting, while goddaughter takes care of her.

Then a dear friend emailed me that her precious dog had a stroke!

What the heck is going on here?!?!

So, I've added a prayer to my long list ~ "Please, that's enough! Thank You!"

I'm off to the

Smoothies available for everyone ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Jon's peeing has really slowed down, and his belly is distended with fluid. Temp is between 100 and 101, keeps fluctuating. SATS 94/Heart Rate 112. These episodes usually don't last that long, so we're trying not to become anxious or over-worried.

Our goddaughter texted me today that she was taking her mom to ER for a CT scan, after she bumped her head and has been dizzy, nauseous and unbalanced since Weds. She has a severe concussion. At home resting, while goddaughter takes care of her.

Then a dear friend emailed me that her precious dog had a stroke!

What the heck is going on here?!?!

So, I've added a prayer to my long list ~ "Please, that's enough! Thank You!"
      Rose, The dog had a stroke?! Is the dog still alive? If so, dogs tend to get strokes in their balance or motor regions but adapt much better than humans do, especially emotionally because dogs accept what is. These links may help Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I saw 2 vet documentaries where 2 dogs had pretty bad strokes and returned to either normal function or nearly normal function. Tell your friend not to give up on their dog too soon!
      I pray your goddaughter's mother has a quick recovery from the concussion. Those are rough. Your "what the heck is going on!" remark is exactly how I felt when one of my best friends nearly choked to death just weeks after my teacher's stroke.
      Last edited by funnylegs4; 07-02-2016, 09:13 PM.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

((((((funnylegs4))))))) ~

Thank you for the links. I also looked up info on dog strokes, which I sent to my friend. As far as I know, her dog is recovering.

My goddaughter's mom (who is also my dear friend) was texting me Friday night. I gently told her to put down the phone and rest. Everything I've read about concussions advises to give the brain a rest ~ no TV, computer, texting, reading, etc. No thinking essentially. So I haven't heard from her, and my goddaughter isn't replying to my texts.

So, I'm waiting and praying. Thank you for your prayers!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
          ((((((funnylegs4))))))) ~

Thank you for the links. I also looked up info on dog strokes, which I sent to my friend. As far as I know, her dog is recovering.

My goddaughter's mom (who is also my dear friend) was texting me Friday night. I gently told her to put down the phone and rest. Everything I've read about concussions advises to give the brain a rest ~ no TV, computer, texting, reading, etc. No thinking essentially. So I haven't heard from her, and my goddaughter isn't replying to my texts.

So, I'm waiting and praying. Thank you for your prayers!

Love & Light,

Rose
          You're welcome! My teacher with the stroke said the constant resting was incredibly boring and sometimes he would do things that were not exactly recommended to try to deal with the boredom as he felt he might lose his mind from being bored.(Hence why I always worried if he would actually listen to his body or not in my old posts where I was so emotional.) Maybe your goddaughter's mom was kind of doing the same thing. I had a colleague who got a concussion from falling on a title floor when she fainted which was terrifying and she wasn't allowed to use electronics at all either. In a week or so she was back to normal and I pray your goddaughter's mom and your friend's dog continue to recover and return to their usual selves.
          Last edited by funnylegs4; 07-06-2016, 07:26 AM.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Earth mom to angels, I don't know where you're located, but if you're in Texas, there is a lymphedema Institute outside of Houston in a town called Webster. My fiancé has lymphedema in both legs, and he uses a pneumatic compression pump for an hour a day at least once a day. He supposed to do it twice, but sometimes just doesn't feel up to it. He's wheelchair-bound, and we're still trying to figure out what his true diagnosis is. Please private message me if you have any questions.

Comment

((((((lauren54)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

I'm glad that you found us. We live in California, so Houston is a wee bit far for us.

Thank you for your suggestion about the compression pump. That has been suggested to us by Jon's GI doctor, but we haven't pursued it, because Medicaid has been denying equipment to Jon over the past year. Recently, his feeding pump was denied renewal. That's being appealed now.

Does your fiance' show improvement with the pump?

We use compression stockings, which just seem to push the fluid up into his gut and chest, which then causes respiratory issues. We do the lymphedema massage, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on Jon.

Looking forward to getting to know you and your fiance'.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
              X