No announcement yet.

'Tis the Troll again -- Pain-free, drink--free, sorta -- but not rant-free ;>o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tis the Troll again -- Pain-free, drink--free, sorta -- but not rant-free ;>o

Dave here. Been a long while since I have haunted those hallowed boards...but...I just came in from working on my car (a hobby, I think I screw up more than I fix) and went to the refrigerator and realized I was reaching for coconut water, not whiskey (or it's relatives).

Then, I realized I have been pretty much pain free almost a month.

That seems very strange that I did not realize that before. And, you know, when the pain more or less left, it seems that I automatically cut back on the alcohol.

Now, of course, Mark and you others that know about pain, probably know that when I say no pain, the phrase is relative.

No pain for me, or a lot of you others, would probably be quite a bit for other folks. But, considering I am on NO MEDs, except what I buy over the counter at the local liquor emporium, that is something. I don't even take ibuprofen or aspirin.

Anyway, this whole "out of the blue" (I can't spell spontaneous) thing is actually a bit scary. I have to believe that God is playing with me and is going to come back and smack me pretty good here in a week or three.

Background: ACDF 5/6 -- never actually fused after surgery, but stablized, supposedly. Bi-lateral hand/arm pain. Neuropathy legs and feet
    --

Well, I will enjoy while I can.

And, I hope I keep reaching for the coconut water! Hmmm. coconut water and rum....I wonder --- STOP IT -- BAD TROLL

dave

Hey Dave welcome back! The news is outstanding :) I hope you'll stick around for a little bit and tell us more about your new routine.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Yuck, trolls don't like coconut water and rum....probably a good thing too!

Comment

((((((Dave)))))) ~

BACK!

And with such good news that you are pain free, according to your pain threshold, and that you're reaching for coconut water in lieu of alcohol.

If you can go a month without pain, why not two or three or a hundred months? Just take it a day at a time.

I don't think that God is playing with you. I think God is answering prayer for you. I think God is opening up your heart and mind to healing, and helping you to find your path to peace and physical and emotional relief.

And, if you want to try adding something to that coconut water, then try making a smoothie, with a banana, some blueberries, or strawberries, and even kale! You might be surprised how delicious and refreshing that is, and how much that fruit helps with your pain abatement and healing.

Stay the course ~

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Welcome back, Dave!

So glad you're bringing good news. I hope you continue feeling better and being painfree--and able to lay off the sauce as well. That's an achievement!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Aye, another day, another temptation, isn't it. I was working on my land (I have about 25 acres of forest) and something nasty decided to take a nip. Having spent much of my time hiking, working and generally roaming around the woods for some 50 years, never had anything like it. I have been stung by a few dozen yellow jackets at a time, nipped by a couple of snakes (not poison-type) and smacked in the face, arms, etc., by poison oak many times, but this was something different.

Neck swelled, jaw ached, path ran along the nerves -- heck -- I thought I had been bit by a zombie. Really painful. But, guess what -- I did absolutely nothing. It's been around 30 hours now and things are calming down, but I am still on the straight and somewhat narrow.
            Last edited by HellBoundTroll; 05-12-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Time to duck under the bridge again and go off into the wilderness by myself.

Mark, missed talking to you. Hope you are still around? Thought I might hang around the boards for a few months this time.

Actually, I think I am at a point where a supportive board might help me out a bit, at least for awhile.

Have a big divide that I may plunge back into or may just jump across (troll toes crossed), but as always, the clique thing here seems to come and bite me a bit and I don't want to deal with the drama.

A bit thin-skinned, well, yeah, but that comes from some of the damage along the way. Anyway, Agate, Earth Mother and Mark, if you are out there somewhere, the best.

Here's hoping I still reach for the coconut juice and that all your days are bright!
              dave
              Last edited by HellBoundTroll; 05-13-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

((((((Dave)))))) ~

I hope that you've fully recovered from the wild thing bite.

"... but as always, the clique thing here seems to come and bite me a bit and I don't want to deal with the drama."
                You lost me there, Dave. What clique? What drama? Very few members are left here, who post with any regularity.

BT experienced a mass exit of members after its last crash. Like you, many left and didn't return for several years. Even more members never returned. Sadly, without participation, we can't provide the kind of support we once did, when our forums were active. But those of us, who are remaining, are doing our best to support everyone in every forum.

It's unfortunate that you feel the need to leave again. But if you change your mind, I guarantee you that I will always welcome you back.

Love & Light,

Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

dropped in for a moment, since I am debating a can of Budweiser or six or a walk....hmm.

Rose, the deal is that I have come back a few times in the past several years and it seems that each time I get attacked -- mildly or major -- for no real reason other than that "I am new," although technically I have been on here since 1997.

So, I do not like it. It hurts. And I have done nothing to deserve it. Most recently the last blast was on a forum outside of "Spinal," but all I did was offer what I thought was good advice.

Anyway, not even sure why I ended up here today, guess I was holding the can of Bud and was trying to come up a good reason NOT to drink it. But, thinking of things here on the past...well...I do not want to get wacky. Some, like you, have been a great help.

Others, seem to want to have the forums as their own little playground. Fine, but not for me. dave
                  Last edited by HellBoundTroll; 05-21-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

((((((Dave)))))) ~

BACK!

I'm hoping that you chose the walk over the Bud. You've proven that you can get along without it. And you say that you've been feeling better. So there are MANY good reasons not to drink it. Stay the course.

I found the thread to which you were referring. Have you revisited the thread? A sincere apology is posted to you.

I know the members of this forum, as I'm sort of a "guest" poster there. They are a loving, caring bunch, and they have a sense of humor. They are close knit, for obvious reasons, as they share the same neurological condition, and they've been communicating with each other here for many years. Their forum is the most active forum at BT.

There have been some returning members, who seem as if they are new after their long absences, who began posting in the recent past on that forum. There were a few kerfuffles and some ruffled feathers. So, they are a little sensitive and cautious, and they are very protective of their forum and each other.

Just like you, they've experienced hurtful comments and attitudes. And that can make us defensive and can cause misunderstandings.

We're all human. We're all coping with a difficult neurological situation (or caring for someone with a neurological condition), struggling to find help, relief, answers, and comfort. And we need each other, or we wouldn't be here.

Don't give up on us. Don't give up on yourself. You do have friends here. I'm raising my hand!!

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

I just saw this today.

Dave, it's very clear to me that the person who attacked you completely misunderstood, possibly judging you based on your user name.

There was an apology, as Rose mentioned, and thank you, Rose, for your very kind words.

Dave, your criticism may have some truth in it. Maybe the MS forum has been too cliquish at times. But in this case I assure you it was a mistake that would be only too easy to make.

Suppose you're on a board where you see mostly familiar user names day after day, and suddenly you see a post by someone named HellBoundTroll. If you were in a hurry or not feeling up to par just then, you might have a kneejerk response to the name. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Not everybody thinks to look into a person's Profile and see when that person registered or read previous posts. I'm sorry that you weren't remembered but it happens very often.

Anyway, I hope you won't give up on all of the BrainTalk boards just because of one misunderstanding.
                      Last edited by agate; 05-25-2016, 09:18 AM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

dear Dave

I found you in the "Party Room". Not sure that is the right name. I asked a dear friend by the name of Mark who you were. He told me and I must say he was very kind and he also said he missed you and hoped you would come back more often. I think I posted to you a few times, but I haven't been there much lately myself.

I found dear Rose in another forum that I didn't go to, just saw her name, liked her and started talking to her. You see, I have been here since 1999 and I begun to wonder why I didn't know you. I was caring for my MIL who was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease & was in that forum for much of my time until she passed.

As Rose said many people left, many didn't come back, but I didn't find Face Book interesting. I have a number of illness's and I am in constant pain. We'll not spend any time on that. The heart break that is first and closest to my heart right now is my # 2 grandson took his own life 2 months ago.

I am trying to get back to coming back to BT because I find my strength and love comes to me from those that do still come here. It was very hard for me to write this post today. Dave, I read your post and I felt your pain. I hope you will find it in your heart to come back often.
                        It is hard to come back after being absent so long.So, how about it? Two more people and who knows how many more would follow us? Take care , Julia

s
                        Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                        'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

((((((Julia)))))) ~

You are always so sweet and thoughtful ~ bless your heart for reaching out to Dave.

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved Grandson. I pray for your healing, strength, peace and comfort.

You have many friends here, who love you. Lean on us.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Hi Julia,
                            I'm usually on the MS forum but happened to notice your post. I'm so terribly sorry about your grandson. That has to be truly heart-breaking, and only two months ago.

I hope you'll find some friends here. This was a much busier place years ago, wasn't it? It can be unsettling when so many have scattered and gone elsewhere. Some of us are still here though.

Like you, I don't find FaceBook so very interesting or useful. Hope you'll decide to keep posting here.

Comment

Working...
                            X