Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Tis the Troll again -- Pain-free, drink--free, sorta -- but not rant-free ;>o

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just saw this today.

Dave, it's very clear to me that the person who attacked you completely misunderstood, possibly judging you based on your user name.

There was an apology, as Rose mentioned, and thank you, Rose, for your very kind words.

Dave, your criticism may have some truth in it. Maybe the MS forum has been too cliquish at times. But in this case I assure you it was a mistake that would be only too easy to make.

Suppose you're on a board where you see mostly familiar user names day after day, and suddenly you see a post by someone named HellBoundTroll. If you were in a hurry or not feeling up to par just then, you might have a kneejerk response to the name. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Not everybody thinks to look into a person's Profile and see when that person registered or read previous posts. I'm sorry that you weren't remembered but it happens very often.

Anyway, I hope you won't give up on all of the BrainTalk boards just because of one misunderstanding.
    Last edited by agate; 05-25-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default dear Dave

I found you in the "Party Room". Not sure that is the right name. I asked a dear friend by the name of Mark who you were. He told me and I must say he was very kind and he also said he missed you and hoped you would come back more often. I think I posted to you a few times, but I haven't been there much lately myself.

I found dear Rose in another forum that I didn't go to, just saw her name, liked her and started talking to her. You see, I have been here since 1999 and I begun to wonder why I didn't know you. I was caring for my MIL who was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease & was in that forum for much of my time until she passed.

As Rose said many people left, many didn't come back, but I didn't find Face Book interesting. I have a number of illness's and I am in constant pain. We'll not spend any time on that. The heart break that is first and closest to my heart right now is my # 2 grandson took his own life 2 months ago.

I am trying to get back to coming back to BT because I find my strength and love comes to me from those that do still come here. It was very hard for me to write this post today. Dave, I read your post and I felt your pain. I hope you will find it in your heart to come back often.
    It is hard to come back after being absent so long.So, how about it? Two more people and who knows how many more would follow us? Take care , Julia

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Julia)))))) ~

You are always so sweet and thoughtful ~ bless your heart for reaching out to Dave.

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved Grandson. I pray for your healing, strength, peace and comfort.

You have many friends here, who love you. Lean on us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Julia,
    I'm usually on the MS forum but happened to notice your post. I'm so terribly sorry about your grandson. That has to be truly heart-breaking, and only two months ago.

I hope you'll find some friends here. This was a much busier place years ago, wasn't it? It can be unsettling when so many have scattered and gone elsewhere. Some of us are still here though.

Like you, I don't find FaceBook so very interesting or useful. Hope you'll decide to keep posting here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12