No announcement yet.

12 year old never-ending headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Mother 2 Angels, thank you for responding.

My sons hormones are off. His body isnt producing growth hormones so he has to take a daily shot of hormones. We took him off the shot for 2 weeks to see if they were causing the headaches...but they were not...which we thought would be the case since he has been taking those shots for almost 3 years & nothing has changed. We haven't had any other hormones checked specifically...He does blood work every 4 months. I would think something alarming would show up in those. But i will ask about this...because at this point anything is possible.

Scar tissue has been ruled out. Allergies & sinus problems have been ruled out by an ENT. I have asked about seizures but unless there are visible signs they wont do an EEG which makes me mad...i mean it is my money & my child...whats it going to hurt.

We went out of state to a different children's hospital and the neurologist there says he thinks it is another CSF leak...which would make sense. My son did have a leak after this first brain surgery. It feels like this might be it...but the Neurosurgeon re-reviewed his brain MRI and couldn't see a leak. I guess they are really hard to find on an MRI. So I begged them to do a spinal MRI and put the dye in his spine to see if this could be it. That appt is scheduled for April 11.

My son has also meet with a couple holistic doctors and they said his hips were a little off but after 3 adjustments nothing really helped. He does love getting massages and the peace he feels there. He has not suffered any kind of trauma to his brain. But all the headaches started as he was getting over alittle cold...which as i have read online could be a trigger to these never ending headaches.

Hopefully something gives soon & we can find answers or the headache will break

Thanks jpittman10

Comment

Hello to all!! Well the update on Marley is....it was hormones!!! She got her period and the headaches are now much more deal able and go away! Now at the most maybe 2 days and then gone! It has been life changing...she is so much happier and is living life like a normal 13 year old ( other then her airway issues)...thanks to all of you for your advice and caring.
      Hope everyone is doing well
      Kriss.
      Trying to send a picture...not sure if I did it correctly
      [IMG]182102[/IMG]

Comment

((((((Kriss)))))) ~

What great news! Thank you for sharing with us! Puberty and hormones can do a lot of strange things to growing bodies. When I taught tweens and teens, I referred to them as "hormones with legs."

I think members have to have 10 or more posts to enable the feature to add images/photos. Wish we could see your Marley! Post a few more times!

May Marley continue to thrive and be pain free!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
        X