Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whiney-wimpy Thread!

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Default Whiney-wimpy Thread!

Don't have PT here at the home anymore. Too weak and arthritic now.
    I do as much as I'm able. Bed exercises are just not as fruitful as floor exercises.

I hate my life now. Sorry to be a downer, but nursing home life is not for me.
    Some can learn to enjoy it and maybe I can, but not yet. I'm too young for
    This...LOL. Some have been living here for over 20 years and are younger than
    I am. Pray for my strength please.j
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jen's Solitude's Avatar

Nothing wimpy about this thread Sally! I'm glad you feel free to share your feelings rather than keeping them bundled up inside. I can attest to the power of prayer to enable us to endure difficult situations beyond our control. I hope you keep asking for divine help since we are assured that our Heavenly Father truly cares about our suffering. "A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject." (Psalms 51:17)
    DAR
    R/R 1993
    So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles. (Matthew 6:34)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a shame about losing out on the PT. Is there any way that you could change that? Was it somebody's decision that you're no longer "entitled" to PT? Could there be an appeal on that decision?

If you know you need the PT, and you do, I hope you'll stick to your guns and get it.

Did you look into ways you could go home? If you didn't get any help through an ombudsman or social services coordinator there on the premises, what about agencies that provide home health care?

Do you know anyone who uses or has used an agency? That person might have some ideas about which ones are good--reliable, trustworthy, reasonably priced, sending out capable people who can provide genuine help.

Or maybe you used an agency when you were at home? Why not give them a call and explain what you want and need?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Sally I am sorry you are not getting PT. Like Agate said maybe you can get them to reconsider. You are in my prayers daily and I will add some more. Thanks for sharing your feelings. We love you. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey sally !

I wrote about this in the "activism and advocacy" forum a few years ago. I don't know if your pt services are provided by medicare, but if they are, you can appeal a decision to stop pt. pt can't be stopped even if the patient shows no further progress, as it can be used to maintain current mobility.

here are some websites to check out to see if you can get medicare to redetermine your case:

http://www.medicareadvocacy.org/self...erapy-denials/

http://blog.ehealthmedicare.com/2015...ing-home-care/

https://www.webpt.com/medicare

i hope this helps and if you're not covered by medicare, sorry for taking up space here. i understand your frustration and yes, you are too young to be bed-bound. when my mom was in the nursing home, they asked me to sign papers that let medicare discontinue her pt. this was before the court decision that decided that medicare can't deny services even if pt will not improve the patient's condition. my mom mostly liked pt, especially when this one cute therapist was working with her. i thought the interaction and attention from the therapists was a good thing for her, too.

i'm glad you can vent and get support here. so many people care...

thank you for sharing,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

I'm so.sorry. as you know, nursing homes and I don't get along, either. You're right, bed PT isn't nearly as effective as actual.PT. I hope you consider tic chicks excellent post about appealing, and see where it might take you.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

You whine away, Sally.

You are definitely entitled given how many unfortunate changes and sacrifices you've had to make lately. Vent, whine, complain, cry...whatever you need to do. Life is not fair.

D@mn MS.

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You whine away, Sally.

You are definitely entitled given how many unfortunate changes and sacrifices you've had to make lately. Vent, whine, complain, cry...whatever you need to do. Life is not fair.

D@mn MS.
    As usual Suz put it much better than I could. T/C has some excellent links. I am of the opinion that moving is important. And the PT people are trained to get you moving. They know what works and what doesn't work. It sure sounds like you need a patient advocate to help.

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

How aware is your daughter of your situation. When my MIL was in nursing home the last two years of her life, I was her constant advocate and got her what she needed. When she got hit by a car before that, I advocated for her and her two roommates -------so, Don't be afraid or shy about leaning on your kid--- tell her what you need her help for.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Sally my girl, U have every right to whine, and suggestions, are very helpful,,hang in there,, {Sally}
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast