One Opiate a Day Time to say goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Opiate a Day Time to say goodbye

Hi Ive been shot 3 times stepped on a mine have RSD Fibro and Rheumatoid Arthritis no opiates I cant do it ,IO had it since 1968 ,Good Luck To All

((((((rsdno)))))) ~

While I can't even begin to imagine the pain, trauma and suffering you have endured, I offer you my sympathy and empathy. I hear the desperation in your post, and it concerns me greatly for your welfare and well being.

Have you explored all options, including natural ones, such as acupuncture, a vegetarian diet, meditation, even cannabinoid oil (CBD oil or medical marijuana)? I have RA, and after I became a vegetarian, I found great relief from my symptoms. Eliminating dairy and meat and following a Mediterranean diet has been beneficial for me and for my husband, who also has RA.

Opiates will numb the pain center in your brain, but they will not conquer the causes of your pain, and they may well interfere with your systemic healing by causing you adverse side effects. Opiates won't reduce inflammation, a common cause of fibro and RA pain.

You might be amazed at how your body responds to proper nutrition and the absence of inflammatory foods and the introduction of anti-inflammatory foods/herbs. CBD oil/MMJ also provides anti-inflammatory properties.

Please, ((((((rsdno)))))), consider the options, the natural options available to you to ease your pain and suffering. I will be here to help you and cheer you on. The internet is overflowing with information on alternative treatments for pain and assorted conditions. This isn't quackery. I'm living proof, as I was diagnosed with RA in 1972, and I provide 24 hour care to my 46 year old son. Total care, which, you as a nurse, can understand completely, I'm sure.

Last year, my husband had an RA flare, which was excruciating. There were many times we both thought he was dying. He'd stopped taking his vitamins and supplements, without my knowledge, and he wasn't eating properly. Once we corrected all of that, including extra Vitamin D3, he began to improve. And he continues to improve, with much less pain, and the ability to do far more than he could last year. Last year, he was gobbling Advil. This year, he is taking nothing for pain, because his pain is manageable.

We also wear compression gloves, knee braces, elbow braces, which help.

And, we're probably about your age, possibly older.

So, please consider your options, before you say "Good Bye."

You are loved. Remember that.

We've never met, and I love you. And I'm praying for you. For strength, for healing, for clarity, for guidance, for relief of your pain.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

RSDNO,

Welcome to the BrainTalk communities. As you see, there are already people who care about you and your suffering, even thought you just became a member.

I know someone with RSD. He is in constant pain. He started a group for people with chronic pain and they get together and talk weekly.

If you are thinking of suicide, please call: 1 (800) 273-8255 the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Just talk to someone at least once. You might have options other than suicide, but if you end your life you will not have those options.

Suicide should be your last resort.

Please keep posting here. We will always listen, but of course this is your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by rsdno View Post
        Hi Ive been shot 3 times stepped on a mine have RSD Fibro and Rheumatoid Arthritis no opiates I cant do it ,IO had it since 1968 ,Good Luck To All

Oh my Lord rsdno:

You have suffered more than I can imagine.

Why won't the docs give you OPIATES?

I myself have Secondary Progressive Mutiple Sclerosis, RSD, Migraines, depression, severe internal problems, & constant pain.

I know alot of people here, they are good people. We can empathize, comiserate, talk, & try to help.

Please continue posting.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Peace & Good Vibes going out your way!

Hugs
        The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by rsdno View Post
          rsdno, I just saw your post and hope you're not saying that you're thinking about putting an end to your life. Maybe you're just saying goodbye to this board?

If you're having thoughts of killing yourself, I hope you will call a suicide prevention counselor or crisis line and talk to someone there. They are there to help you and can often give you suggestions you might not have thought about.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X