Thread: New to this site-hello

Default New to this site-hello

Hi my name is Shania

Ive just posted my issues on another thread but wanted to say hello and hoping for some support.

Glad to be on the forums!

Also happy new year to you all

Shania

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi welcome to BT. You might want to look over the list of forums and please don't be shy about posting in more than one forum. Especially when you want (need) answers. And finally dont be shy about asking a question. You will be surprised at how many have experienced the problem you are facing. T

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Shania)))))) ~

To Braintalk!

We're glad you found us! We're a nice bunch of folks, and many of us have been here for a decade or more. Please join in our conversations and make yourself at home.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Welcome to BT Shania
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Thanks and happy new year. I really hope I can find some answers here so I can move forwards and try to enjoy life.

Thanks for your lovely warm welcome

Shania

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WELCOME, shania!

You must have known discomfort most of your adult life. I hope that some answers can be found for you. I'm sorry I know almost nothing about your condition but you might find people here who are better informed.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.