Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT. iPad Question!

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

DD go the iPad for me cause she thought it would be easier for me to manipulate it while reclined in bed n she was right.
    l do miss my Mac Air tho. It was much easier to type, copy, paste, n anything else, but so hard to handle in bed.

thanks for al your replies. I did Google lt n thought it too completed, soooo maybe later gator. LOL!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Linda, I too miss WebTV. Simple to use, virus proof, and hooked to your own TV, seeing it was easy.

isn't the Pro the one that's about the size of a book? I've never used one, and don't know anyone who has one. Go for a laptop. You would learn how easy it is to use. Don't let it being a "computer" stop you.

The iPod and iPad are computers too. So was WebTV. If you can type, you can use a computer. I'm a one finger typing nut, yet here I am.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Howie's a nut no matter how many fingers he types with seems to be the general consensus.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

F.Y.I. if you have HDMI ports on your TV and laptop as well as a USB port you can get a wireless mouse and a HDMI cable and hook them to the TV. That is what I do.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can understand the "maybe later," Sally. I'm reminding myself to see about that copy-and-paste deal when I'm up to it. When I read this:

A minute amount will then be highlighted in blue with dots or tiny circles around it. Put your finger on a dot, one dot at a time, and drag it in the direction of what else you want highlighted. When the passage is highlighted, touch the screen by it, the word Copy pops up. Touch Copy.
    I realize it's something that would be very useful to know, but putting my finger on dots, one dot at a time, is the kind of thing I'll wait to try when I'm really really up to it.

"Slow but steady wins the race"?

Howie, it looks as if the iPad Pro is 9x12". My iPad is 8x6" and so the Pro would be considerably larger.

An iPad is absolutely great for situations where you don't have access to a computer, and it IS a computer, basically--just a mobile one.

I feel much more at ease having an iPad as a backup. I'm very very dependent on my computer and the Internet, and if they fail, I have problems. Now with the iPad at least I can pay bills, order groceries, send messages as needed if my computer goes out.

People are relying on their smartphones now but I don't think I'd do well with one of those. I now have a cellphone that lets me send text messages but that is an experience I'd prefer to skip, after trying it a few times. To enter the letter "b" you have to tap the "ABC" button twice, and for a "c" you tape it 3 times, and so on. You do get fairly fast at this but it's still slow.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

One of these days Vicky, one of these days.........TO THE MOON!!! (Honeymooners fans know what I'm doing as I say that)

I have a computer I'm saving because it's super old, so I'm holding on to it as an antique. It does have some games on it, but wasn't set up to go online. The Net probably wasn't even available when it was made.

Gary, I do have the HDMI plug on this laptop, but never used it yet. I can see this screen okay for now, knock on wood! But that's good to know.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I use the HDMI cable to watch DVDs in the living room via my laptop. Sometimes a 32" screen is better than a 15".. those times when size really DOES matter. lol

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

I am sitting here with my iPad contemplating the best answers for this topic. One, I love to mirror the content from either my iPad/iPhone to my big screen using AirPlay (wifi) and the AppleTv, at an added cost of less than $100, it connects with a hdmi cable to the screen. This of course allows you to see everything better, and share content with everyone in the room.

Though am thinking of trading in my current iPad (32gb, version 3) for a new one. Every time I update the iOS it gets so much slower! After 3 years, I think that this hardware is too obsolete for the iOS.

Seasons Greetings,
    "The Most Determined Win!"

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

And to you David.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

That would be hard to do at my nursing home David....LOL!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast