No announcement yet.

OT. iPad Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of these days Vicky, one of these days.........TO THE MOON!!! (Honeymooners fans know what I'm doing as I say that)

I have a computer I'm saving because it's super old, so I'm holding on to it as an antique. It does have some games on it, but wasn't set up to go online. The Net probably wasn't even available when it was made.

Gary, I do have the HDMI plug on this laptop, but never used it yet. I can see this screen okay for now, knock on wood! But that's good to know.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I use the HDMI cable to watch DVDs in the living room via my laptop. Sometimes a 32" screen is better than a 15".. those times when size really DOES matter. lol
      s
      Jendie
      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

Hi there,

I am sitting here with my iPad contemplating the best answers for this topic. One, I love to mirror the content from either my iPad/iPhone to my big screen using AirPlay (wifi) and the AppleTv, at an added cost of less than $100, it connects with a hdmi cable to the screen. This of course allows you to see everything better, and share content with everyone in the room.

Though am thinking of trading in my current iPad (32gb, version 3) for a new one. Every time I update the iOS it gets so much slower! After 3 years, I think that this hardware is too obsolete for the iOS.

Seasons Greetings,
        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

And to you David.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

That would be hard to do at my nursing home David....LOL!
            Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

I have a keyboard for my iPad. I use it while sitting on the couch with it in my lap.
              Fwiw Susan
              Be the person your dog thinks you are

Comment

Susan, WebTV was that way. The keyboard was wireless. You could sit anywhere as long it was pointed in the general direction of the WebTV box. I still have all that stuff, may be worth a few bucks one day.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                  Linda, I have an iPad, just recently acquired, but am finding it probably won't really replace my desktop PC that has a real keyboard. It takes much too long to enter letters on the iPad--and I've worked hard at learning shortcuts on that onscreen keyboard.

I like the iPad for a couple of games, and reading e-mail is easier on it. Being able to magnify the screen easily is great too.
                  I have a keyboard that synchs with the iPad.

Comment

Best wishes of the season to you too, David!

ssusan and BBS1951, your posts mean a lot to me! So it is possible to use a real keyboard with an iPad.

I'm looking into it, and someone showed me that my iPad already has Bluetooth on it--needed for the keyboard for the iPad, I think?
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                    X