Thread: losing weight and scared

Distinguished Community Member

Default losing weight and scared

My partner has lost 25-30# or more. this is very scary. I have lost about the same. I do have an abnormal Thyroid - a couple of points higher the the norm but they cannot or don't want to spend the mpney to find out her problem. People, I am scared to death - If I lose my partner in life for over 20 years at least, I don't know what I will do. She has kind of given up - and to me - well more later as I am starting to cry.
    Blessings to all
    Hope everyone is doing well
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, losing weight that quickly can be scary but I have a question - have you already been on your gluten free diet and if so how long. I don't know much about the diet so I don't know if rapid weight loss is normal. From what you have written lately the biggest concern I am getting from you is that your partner has given up on life and as you are finding out there isn't much you can do to change that. Is she open/have available counseling to help her through this deep depression [at least it seems like deep depression]? I hope she is willing to talk to someone but often people in her mindset don't even want to do that. I wish you well and I hope your partner takes a turn for the better.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

3. The following user says "thanks"

Thank you Mark - I am so blown away at your insight as you are right on time. Thank You - I and yours, hope this finds you well.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Alex)))))) ~

In September, you posted that your partner had lost 20 or more pounds in 2 months. Is your partner continuing to lose weight? You also mentioned that your partner was consulting a nutritionist. Did she meet with the nutritionist, and did the nutritionist have any advice or ideas as to the cause of your partner's weight loss?

What other symptoms does your partner have? That might help to rule in/rule out potential causes.

Perhaps you should try the ER again?

I'm sorry that things are not improving for you and your partner. Keeping you in my prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Alex, I hope your partner gets better. Wishing you and your partner all the best.

Eva

8. The following user says "thanks"

t is. Myself - don't ask - not to be rude Thank you to Everyone! Yes , she is getting better. Slowly since she went Gluten Free. She has gained 5# so she is happy about that. Doctors are problematic - as in distance and the Medicaid cab took over two hours to pick us up - ridiculas - we now drive even though it stress our budget but the stress of waiting was too much. we are doing the best we can, the holidays are , well it is what it is. Hope this finds everyone well. Happy Holidays. the e-room did nothing for her last time - we have a friend at this hospital 11 broken ribs and a broken femur and tibia - they give him 15 mg. Morphine about every four hours,- what a joke I feel for him. I will be there in prayer for him. Happy holidays for all.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot