This is just a "rant thread" ignore it if you will -- Neck Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just a "rant thread" ignore it if you will -- Neck Pain

So, since there are hundreds of you reading this , I may have to remind some that I sometimes resort a bit too much to the liquid cures -- ie -- tequila, etal.

But, honestly, and why not be honest, since I don't really know any of you, I am doing pretty well on that issue. I still have a drink or three -- but no more than three -- each day. Which is one or three too many, but better than 15, right? The issue of going absolutely dry somewhat scares me, because that would mean I actually am admitting I cannot be trusted!!

So, I am good, well not good, but better, except for Sundays, which 7 out of 10 I am good, but those other three....I think it is the church thing, which reminds me of a lot of stuff -- not that I am going to church, nor have I in decades, but anyway, like any troll, I am off-topic.

My rant was that last night, I was reading. I love TV, but am too cheap to buy satellite or cable and so I only get a half-dozen channels via the antenna.

My neck sort of froze in place (I have ACDF 5/6 --gosh, it has been so long since I said that, it MIGHT NOT be 5/6 -- whatever -- it is the common one).

Normally, I just snap my head forward and I get a big click sound and all is well. When I went to snap, I got major, and I mean, major pain. Something like tethered cord, but much worse. I finally gave up and limped off to bed, after brushing and flossing at an extremely strange angle.

Anyway, no real point to this. I woke up this morning and all was normal == well == you people know what normal means, right?

Anyway, again, no real point. Gosh, I am sounding like some of those folks who used to post in early 2000's about their potato-head grandbabies and such that used to drive me crazy. I guess what goes around, comes around. Maybe I should have been more accepting to some of those potato heads back then. LOL!
    dave

((((((Dave)))))) ~

Good to see you here again, and it's good that you're talking. You might be surprised how many people may read your post. They may not reply, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't read.

If you can go from 15 to 3, then you can probably go from 3 to 2, from 2 to 1, and from 1 to none. I'm not sure that I follow your logic about admitting that you can't be trusted by going dry. ???

I'm very glad for you that the pain in your neck vanished during the night. I hope that it was a one time only pain for you.

I don't have a spinal injury, so I can't relate directly to your pain. But I do experience constant pain from RA (since 1972), for which I take no medications. I rely on Witch Hazel (paper towel soaked in Witch Hazel taped to area of pain, or bruise, or sprain); Aspercreme; Tiger Balm patches; heating pad; ice to reduce inflammation. Just tossing those out there in case they might help you.

No grand babies here, potato-head or otherwise, so have no fear of me boring you with those kinds of stories!

Take good care of yourself, be good to yourself, be kind to yourself, give yourself credit for what you've accomplished, and walk outside, breathe the fresh air, look at the sky, really admire the landscape, the trees, the color, and let that be your church.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Just wanted to say there is no shame in ranting. Rose and the others listen to my rants all the time. So sorry for your pain. Sounds scary! :( Glad it went away.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Dave it is good to hear from you despite the rant being about pain. Unfortunately we fellow spinies know what you are talking about. Hey it is great progress to go from 15 drinks down to 3 a day. Whatever your goal is I hope you reach it as if you want to get to zero you are most of the way there. It is good to hear you woke up after the frozen neck pain feeling 'normal' again. Rant all you want as it is good to hear from you and others that respond.
        1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
        2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Working...
        X